Arasta of the Endless Web
Legendary Enchantment Creature — Spider
Whenever an opponent casts an instant or sorcery spell, create a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Arasta of the Endless Web Discussion
3 weeks ago
Daedalus19876 Thank you for your feedback and the suggestions!
I alredy have an eye on Blight Mound in another deck but it hasn’t entered the Battlefield yet.
I love Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder and have to find a spot for him. Which swap would you consider?
Yawgmoth, Thran Physician is an extraordinary strong card. I haven’t considered using him in this deck so far, but you’re right, i have tons of tokens which would be awesome fodder for him. Which card would tou cut for him?
3 weeks ago
Have you considered Parallel Lives or Second Harvest to ramp up your squirrel production? It stacks with your commander's effect. I'm also a fan of Arasta of the Endless Web and Blight Mound and Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder as token producers which allow you to make squirrels too. Have you considered Yawgmoth, Thran Physician as a sac outlet for all of your ridiculous tokens? He's spectacular in that role...
1 month ago
This is truly a mishmash, but out of all your creatures the ones that jump out at me are the disproportionately high number of spiders. Spider tribal could be an interesting direction to move the deck in, although switching to Golgari or at least Jund would probably be necessary. Black gives you access to graveyard interaction that benefits cards like Hatchery Spider while also having a fair number of good spider cards. Some modern options for such a deck are Arasta of the Endless Web , Graverobber Spider , Ishkanah, Grafwidow , Nyx Weaver , Rotwidow Pack , Chainweb Aracnir , Twin-Silk Spider , Spider Spawning , Blex, Vexing Pest Flip, Renowned Weaver , Metallic Mimic , Adaptive Automaton , Obelisk of Urd , and Coat of Arms .
If you are more interested in staying red, one option is to focus on your combat tricks with cards that like being targeted. Silverfur Partisan and Zada, Hedron Grinder are a great pair for such a deck. Cheap buffs with bonus effects like Confront the Unknown and Expedite work well in such a shell, as do cards that care about having many creatures like Might of the Masses .
1 month ago
I love this! So glad to see Reef Worm and Arasta of the Endless Web getting some love. You've covered your bases pretty well for token generators, but if you have the extra cash Doubling Season or Parallel Lives would be a great addition. I don't normally suggest expensive cards, but they have major utility in this deck.
Some other things you might consider are Repudiate / Replicate for a quick hit (in place of Spitting Image maybe?), or Double Major to double-down on a single cast while it's on the stack. Honestly, Mystic Reflection would be great. It can turn each of the tokens coming in on a turn into copies of a big dude instead of 1/1s for example. Or another token generator already out and therefore get multiple triggers later.
Whatever you choose, this deck looks like fun. Good job!
4 months ago
Hey, good start on a budget.
Cards in the maybeboard that are worth adding:
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Altar's Reap
- Costly Plunder
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Apprentice Necromancer
- In Garruk's Wake
- Tainted Wood
- Erebos, Bleak-Hearted
- Smothering Abomination
- Acidic Slime
Some budget cards, $1-$2, most are less than $1, at TCGPlayer to consider adding:
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame : the two Elementals she creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold. Repeatable two Elemental creatures has interaction with Priest of Forgotten Gods and Whisper, Blood Liturgist to activate them on your turn each turn.
- Awakening Zone : Eldrazi Spawn tokens have nice interaction with Korvold since they self-sac to make 1 colorless mana.
- Arasta of the Endless Web : repeatable Spider tokens whenever an opponent casts an instant/sorcery thus can be lots of value in multiplayer Commander. It can even create infinite Spider tokens if an opponent combos by infinite casting.
- Atarka, World Render : creature to reanimate. Korvold is a Dragon and giving him double strike in combination with flying and huge power from counters can outright kill an opponent with Commander damage.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : can sac itself.
- Caustic Caterpillar : can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : can sac itself.
- Reassembling Skeleton : can reanimate itself.
- Bloodsoaked Champion : can reanimate itself.
- Village Rites
- Jarad's Orders : tutor for two creatures, one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Good reanimation enabler or get Reassembling/Champion.
- Poison-Tip Archer : trigger when any other creature dies including opponent's creatures making it good in multiplayer Commander.
More ramp is good with Korvold because it can help to cast him faster and then it can be sac fodder to trigger him.
- Sol Ring : the most expensive price card I will suggest, but it's a staple of Commander.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone : can sac itself.
- Commander's Sphere : can sac itself.
- Springbloom Druid
Some budget lands to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes
- Cinder Glade
- Smoldering Marsh
- Jund Panorama
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Myriad Landscape
- Blighted Woodland
- Ghost Quarter
- Ash Barrens
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Hey, well planned out strategies on a budget. Nice Diabolic Intent :)
Consider Priest of Forgotten Gods and more repeatable token sources? If you can fuel Priest then she's over powered in multiplayer Commander and a great way to grow Korvold and draw. Priest makes insane value with Korvold since for no mana, just sacing two creatures, you make all opponents sac a creature and lose 2 life, you draw three cards, make two black mana and give Korvold two +1/+1 counters. Priest wants a robust package of cards that are repeatable token sources.
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame
- Scute Swarm
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
- Awakening Zone
- From Beyond : can tutor for Betrays.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin
- Dreadhorde Invasion
- Arasta of the Endless Web
- Tendershoot Dryad
- Wolverine Riders
Chandra's second 0 loyalty ability + Priest is a combo to be able to activate Priest repeatedly on your turn. The Elementals Chandra creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold and they don't have to attack.
You can speed up game play by adding more one and two drops that have interaction with Korvold or can be reliable ramp to cast him quicker.
- Arcane Signet : staple mana rock.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : ramp, can sac itself.
- Impulsive Pilferer : creates a treasure when saced or dies. Four sacs and four treasures with encore.
- Caustic Caterpillar : removal, can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : sac outlet, can sac itself.
- Paradise Druid : ramp.
- Farseek : land ramp that can search for a dual land such as Cinder Glade .
- Village Rites : draw.
- Crop Rotation : land tutor.
Another way to speed up game play is the reduce the number of lands that will always ETB tapped such as Gruul Guildgate .
- Command Tower : staple land for multicolored decks.
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands : Jund Tri land.
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes : Golgari Pain land.
- Cinder Glade : Gruul Battle land.
- Smoldering Marsh : Rakdos Battle land.
- Rootbound Crag
- Dragonskull Summit
- Blighted Woodland
- Tainted Wood
On a budget Savage and Ancestry are exceptions, but they can make one color of the three Jund colors, that's worth it.
I offer more advice, including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Testing a couple changes:
5 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.