Arasta of the Endless Web
Legendary Enchantment Creature — Spider
Whenever an opponent casts an instant or sorcery spell, create a 1/2 green Spider creature token with reach.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Arasta of the Endless Web occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Arasta of the Endless Web Discussion
1 month ago
Hey, good start on a budget.
Cards in the maybeboard that are worth adding:
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Altar's Reap
- Costly Plunder
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Apprentice Necromancer
- In Garruk's Wake
- Tainted Wood
- Erebos, Bleak-Hearted
- Smothering Abomination
- Acidic Slime
Some budget cards, $1-$2, most are less than $1, at TCGPlayer to consider adding:
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame : the two Elementals she creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold. Repeatable two Elemental creatures has interaction with Priest of Forgotten Gods and Whisper, Blood Liturgist to activate them on your turn each turn.
- Awakening Zone : Eldrazi Spawn tokens have nice interaction with Korvold since they self-sac to make 1 colorless mana.
- Arasta of the Endless Web : repeatable Spider tokens whenever an opponent casts an instant/sorcery thus can be lots of value in multiplayer Commander. It can even create infinite Spider tokens if an opponent combos by infinite casting.
- Atarka, World Render : creature to reanimate. Korvold is a Dragon and giving him double strike in combination with flying and huge power from counters can outright kill an opponent with Commander damage.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : can sac itself.
- Caustic Caterpillar : can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : can sac itself.
- Reassembling Skeleton : can reanimate itself.
- Bloodsoaked Champion : can reanimate itself.
- Village Rites
- Jarad's Orders : tutor for two creatures, one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Good reanimation enabler or get Reassembling/Champion.
- Poison-Tip Archer : trigger when any other creature dies including opponent's creatures making it good in multiplayer Commander.
More ramp is good with Korvold because it can help to cast him faster and then it can be sac fodder to trigger him.
- Sol Ring : the most expensive price card I will suggest, but it's a staple of Commander.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone : can sac itself.
- Commander's Sphere : can sac itself.
- Springbloom Druid
Some budget lands to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes
- Cinder Glade
- Smoldering Marsh
- Jund Panorama
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Myriad Landscape
- Blighted Woodland
- Ghost Quarter
- Ash Barrens
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, well planned out strategies on a budget. Nice Diabolic Intent :)
Consider Priest of Forgotten Gods and more repeatable token sources? If you can fuel Priest then she's over powered in multiplayer Commander and a great way to grow Korvold and draw. Priest makes insane value with Korvold since for no mana, just sacing two creatures, you make all opponents sac a creature and lose 2 life, you draw three cards, make two black mana and give Korvold two +1/+1 counters. Priest wants a robust package of cards that are repeatable token sources.
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame
- Scute Swarm
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
- Awakening Zone
- From Beyond : can tutor for Betrays.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin
- Dreadhorde Invasion
- Arasta of the Endless Web
- Tendershoot Dryad
- Wolverine Riders
Chandra's second 0 loyalty ability + Priest is a combo to be able to activate Priest repeatedly on your turn. The Elementals Chandra creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold and they don't have to attack.
You can speed up game play by adding more one and two drops that have interaction with Korvold or can be reliable ramp to cast him quicker.
- Arcane Signet : staple mana rock.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : ramp, can sac itself.
- Impulsive Pilferer : creates a treasure when saced or dies. Four sacs and four treasures with encore.
- Caustic Caterpillar : removal, can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : sac outlet, can sac itself.
- Paradise Druid : ramp.
- Farseek : land ramp that can search for a dual land such as Cinder Glade .
- Village Rites : draw.
- Crop Rotation : land tutor.
Another way to speed up game play is the reduce the number of lands that will always ETB tapped such as Gruul Guildgate .
- Command Tower : staple land for multicolored decks.
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands : Jund Tri land.
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes : Golgari Pain land.
- Cinder Glade : Gruul Battle land.
- Smoldering Marsh : Rakdos Battle land.
- Rootbound Crag
- Dragonskull Summit
- Blighted Woodland
- Tainted Wood
On a budget Savage and Ancestry are exceptions, but they can make one color of the three Jund colors, that's worth it.
I offer more advice, including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Testing a couple changes:
2 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
2 months ago
Okay, so I see where you're going with a lot of your suggestions. Budget, at this point, is a constraint so the pricier cards like Cloudstone Curio, Gaea's Cradle, even Sylvan Library are probably a No Go. And I'd probably go with Budgethoof Behemoth, aka End-Raze Forerunners since I have them on hand.
I think, for card draw, I completely forgot about Elemental Bond which definitely feels like a much better option than Colossal Majesty and doesn't have the cast requirement of Beast Whisperer. But I don't see why I can't also use Beast Whisperer. And Regal Force looks like something I need. Seer's Sundial might not work out but something I'm toying with.
Unfortunately I 100% misread Curious Herd and thought it worked exactly like Dockside Extortionist . That said, 4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens doesn't seem horrible, and if that's the floor of the spell, it might be worth keeping in. That said, this is a go wide deck with elements to buff up my creatures, so I may just replace the herd with Arasta of the Endless Web and let my opponents put tokens on my board for me.
I like Magus of the Order, if for no other reason than I have it and Natural Order has a price tag. But also, it's easy enough to drop Liege of the Tangle in favor of other worthy fatties to summon, including something like Dawnglade Regent .
Bow of Nylea can def come out in favor of another creature. The Frostfang can't come out as soon but that's okay! And good call on Roiling Regrowth. That said, Nylea herself I think does so much on her own that I don't see me dropping her in favor of something that only does part of what she does. Rhonas's Monument is definitely worth looking into though!
I'll have to look into more of the suggestions you made. I actually use a lot of them in my Omnath, Locus of the Roil deck (the first three anyway lol). Oracle of Mul Daya is among the pricier cards I probably can't grab right now. I'm hemming and hawing on the Tireless Tracker because I don't know that I'll have a chance to really take advantage of the clues, but to your point, they can trigger Kodama so that's something to consider!
And hmmmm. Quirion Ranger is curious.
I'm also looking at adding some other cards, such as Kamahl’s Will , Territorial Scythecat , Shifting Ceratops , Primeval Bounty , Branching Evolution , Fertilid , Garruk's Uprising , Court of Bounty and Reclamation Sage . So if you have thoughts on those, let me know!
I really appreciate all the insight and feedback!
3 months ago
No Arasta of the Endless Web? It doesn't trigger off every spell like Dragonlair Spider, but the number of instants and sorceries in a game will still net you a good chunk of spiders.
4 months ago
7 months ago
Here's my take on your Deck
I think you got about 10 ramp spells which seems fine, if they would all be very reliable. Bosk Banneret,Deathrite Shaman and Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip are designed for a very specific kind of deck to be a reliable source of ramp. 33 lands are also low in my opinion, i usually have 37/38 lands im decks. Carddraw spells are very low in this deck. in my opinion i would add about 10 carddraw spells. With your ramp more reliable and a higher rate of land-cards and carddraw-cards to guarantee your landdrops, you should be able to get your creatures out.
I get the feeling that your deck also needs to be more focused. you have the treefolk tribal strategy on the one side and the token strategy on the other side. if you focus only on one of these two you get the full potential. Here are the links for those two strategies on EDHREC.
If you like to, you can check out my Doran-Deck. It is somehow similar to yours and maybe you find a card that you want to include in your deck.