Creature — Goblin Artificer
: Choose target artifact a player controls and target artifact card in that player's graveyard. If both targets are still legal as this ability resolves, that player simultaneously sacrifices the artifact and returns the artifact card to the battlefield.
|Have (2)||, rockleemyhero|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Goblin Welder occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Goblin Welder Discussion
2 days ago
cmc looks good, mana supply is far greater then the demand and the synergy is fantastic
Only weekness is currently you only have 9 ways to draw, two of wich require discarding first, try to get this number to 15, artifact draw and wheels that draw 7 would really accel in this deck.
Goblin Welder can be just as much of an offense removal as it can be a defensive recursion
Skirk Prospector would let you cast your commander on turn 2 and still ramp you into turn 3
And Goblin Chirurgeon can help protect your commander while also advancing your Boardstate
Keep in mind the skirk and chirurgean can sac to themselves
3 days ago
Hey CaptainToll! Yes the new spoilers are looking awesome.
Cursed Mirror will always be a relevant card and just copying the best creature on the board is awesome for 3 mana. Purphy B. costing 5 cmc makes the normal use of Cursed Mirror still relevant as it allows us to play Purphy B. on turn 4.
Ruin Grinder also seems good, especially because of its versatility with mountain cycling. And it's an artifact. Having an optional wheel though is kind of a bummer. Forcing a new hand for the opponents is always better. Funnily enough, the mountain cycling makes me want to include this guy, the other features of the card are kind of replaceable (there are a few other creatures with build in wheel effects and some with even better evasion). Granted, those other options like Dragon Mage or Runehorn Hellkite cannot be abused with Goblin Welder and others but this bonus is unfortunately not that likely because there aren't enough graveyard-artifact shenanigans in red. Having the wheel effect as a die-trigger can be troublesome. It is not that unlikely, that you need a new hand and that you also have the mana to hardcast Ruin Grinder but hardcasting him won't trigger the wheel. Also, in the rare case that you really need a new hand on your own turn, you can only profit partially from the wheel the turn you play Ruin Grinder, because you would get the new hand earliest at your endstep. My point is: it is hard to wheel before you start your own turn to maximize the impact of your new hand. The only way to do so with Ruin Grinder is to cheat this card into play in the second main of your right opponent so that it will die on their endstep. But then you miss out the damage and you actually played an instant, optional wheel for 2R, which seems.... still good? considering all the other aspects of the card. Definitely needs testing^^
Rionya, Fire Dancer is interesting, this card has its advantages compared to Flameshadow Conjuring . However, costing 5 mana just like Purphy B. really hurts because given the choice, it is usually better to play your commander. Being a creature is the most neck breaking feature, at least in my meta. Many board wipes (even in my own list), sacrifice effects etc.
4 days ago
Haha yeah forgot to mention it, but it’s already in the deck description under deck development!
Definitely an upgrade to the Phyrexian Triniform, though we may want both, i’ve been so impressed with Goblin Welder everytime that i try to keep it artifacty?
Btw, i made some changes to the list today:
- Panharmonicon OUT FOR Mimic Vat : i think panharmonicon has big upside but is a little conditional, there’s not that many relevant hits in the deck (12 ish). Mimic Vat was once in and was cut for a land when i ran 35, but i think it’s actually a great backup that doesn’t need other stuff to do anything, always giving us something for when we run out of gas a bit. Even if we keep our own stuff around, it takes other peoples’ creatures just the same.
- Sandstone Needle OUT FOR Prismatic Lens : i think 37 lands (counting mdfc) is sufficient with our ramp and rituals, i’d rather have the untapped 2cmc rock. I cut this land because it has been awkward in starting hands and the downside of saccing it is real.
Other cuts i’m eyeing for the spoiled cards:
- Coldsteel heart for the mirror
- hoarding dragon for the ruin grinder
- for the triplicate i’m considering cutting the worldgorger/bearer of heavens combo. It’s very convoluted and pretty much insta win, but with a huge risk. Either the game is won or someone interacts with worldgorger and you’re out of the game yourself, while the others need to play from scratch. Worldgorger is still an interesting card, especially with zirillan being able to find it, in response to a wrath or to keep other sneaked in creatures permanently, reset my mana, etc. so i may keep that. Just need it to go off one more time and then i’m ready to let it go
5 days ago
Hey, well done so far.
Your deck doesn't have a Commander yet. In the editor where you see Breya, Etherium Shaper text add the Commander tag CMDR to the end.
Breya, Etherium Shaper *CMDR*
This will show Breya as the Commander and show a card image of Breya under the Commander category.
What is your budget for upgrades? Since I don't know I will give you some low budget options.
Dramatic Reversal is paired with Isochron Scepter and mana rocks to make infinite mana. Infinite mana can be used with Breya as a win condition since she can sac herself for mode to do 3 damage to a player. When she dies she goes to the Command Zone and because you have infinite mana you keep casting her from there. Repeat the combo by sacing her and one of her Thopters. If not playing Reversal than Scepter doesn't do enough in your deck with only four other instants.
Grand Architect with Breya since she and the Thopters she creates are blue. Architect is ramp for artifacts or artifact activated abilities and it can tap itself even the turn you play it. Architect combos with Pili-Pala for infinite colored mana and Breya can be the win condition with infinite mana by sacing herself for her 3 damage to a player mode.
Goblin Engineer because many of the combo artifacts are 3 CMC or less. Engineer has interaction with Eldrazi Displacer for more tutoring. More repeatable artifact reanimation is helpful and getting an artifact of your choice in your graveyard is good with many cards here: Daretti, Scrap Savant , Goblin Welder , Sharuum the Hegemon , Trash for Treasure , Emry, Lurker of the Loch , etc.
Whirlwind of Thought repeatable draw by casting artifacts as well as instants/sorceries/enchantments/Planeswalkers.
Some changes to consider:
- Dramatic Reversal --> Artificer's Epiphany
- Grand Architect --> Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge
- Goblin Engineer --> Renowned Weaponsmith
- Whirlwind of Thought --> Jhoira's Familiar
- Spire of Industry --> 1x Swamp
- Glimmervoid --> 1x Mountain
- Caves of Koilos --> Brightclimb Pathway
- Shivan Reef --> Riverglide Pathway
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Awesome deck list, but even more so the presentation is outstanding! I love what you did with the Goblin Welder art spread across the different subject tabs.
Maybe when I’m done throwing mobey at my cEDH Yeva, I’ll build Godo. Such a sweet commander.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions BrassLord. I added Goblin Welder & Trash for Treasure to the maybeboard. I will have to do some playtesting to see if the need for either of them comes up but a good idea in case any key artifact pieces are sent to the graveyard.
3 weeks ago
Cool deck! Not sure if it'd fit in the deck, but Changeling Berserker is also kind of nice, it's a searchable way to protect your commander/ any relevant creature from a board wipe at instant speed once you have the 5 treasures.
Also, not sure how you feel about it flavor wise, but Goblin Welder or Trash for Treasure could also be recursion for needed combo pieces/ cheating out things from the bin. Though the current build seems to use lower CMC stuff to turbo out treasure.