Decree of Silence
Whenever an opponent plays a spell, counter that spell and put a depletion counter on Decree of Silence. If there are three or more depletion counters on Decree of Silence, sacrifice it.
When you cycle Decree of Silence, you may counter target spell.
|Have (2)||sonnet666 , metalmagic|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Decree of Silence occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Decree of Silence Discussion
3 days ago
Nice unique take on Muldrotha! For starters, I would try to cut as many nonpermanents as possible because the less of those, the more cards you can cast with Muldrotha. I would take out Counterspell, Devious Cover-Up, and Price of Fame and replace them with cards like Lunar Force and Decree of Silence or even Siren Stormtamer and Kheru Spellsnatcher. You could also replace them with plain removal like Pernicious Deed, Oblivion Stone, Hostage Taker, etc. However, I very much like Spelljack because it is so on theme with the deck, keep it in! In terms of ramp, Cultivate and Explosive Vegetation are great choices, but you can get by with using Sakura-Tribe Elder, Wayfarer's Bauble, Khalni Heart Expedition, The Mending of Dominaria for your ramp package. These are useful because, once again, they are repeatable. I would also cut the Llanowar Elves if you add enough other ramp cards. Archaeomancer can be upgraded for Eternal Witness. Bond of Insight, Merfolk Secretkeeper, and Mire Triton feel a little out of place because they only mill a few cards. If you want big mill spells I would put in Mind Funeral and Traumatize and for permanents that mill, Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, Stitcher's Supplier, and Dreamborn Muse from your sideboard are all great cards and to top it all off Mesmeric Orb is a terrific card. If you want more instant and sorcery recurral The Mirari Conjecture is great for that. I'm not sure what Deadeye Navigator and Peregrine Drake are doing for you when they are on their own. Evil Twin, and any cards that copy other creatures are flavorful additions. Lastly, why not just steal their permanents when you can also steal their turns with Mindslaver. I hope my ideas have helped, and I hope you keep improving this deck!
1 month ago
@king-saproling: All cut. I even have two others that would've been great w/ the Chopped, on the chopping block. So we're still 12 running to get slaughtered. As I'm still planning a 5-Color Solemnity oriented deck, should I find ideas for the other 10 cards to cut?
You already knew about my other deck idea; but it requires a 5-Color CMDR. The Deck has one Law: No Counters Allowed. W/ stuff like Decree of Silence , Stuff for Suspend , Persist , Undying , Age Counters among other kinds of stuff. Now I just need a 5 Color CMDR that might help this case: Cromat , It's 5 Abilities Neither grant it a +1/+1 Counter to itself, & its 4 Other Abilities don't matter for requirements; thus being the CMDR of choice.
That said, I've 10-12 cuts left, depending on opinion to cut here. On the following deck:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 7 COMMENTS | 325 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
, I already decided on 4 things on the chopping block:
1: Sunforger : 9 Instants are even on there, limiting my options so much it's insane; & not a lot are good targets anyway.
2: Secrets of the Dead : The Saddest Part is that I've no support for this. 1/3 out of 3 is chopped.
Maybe I'll add more choices. But I'll leave this to you one last time; even as I'm working on a True Cromat Anti-Counters (Not Counterspells.).Deck, & I'll still try Atemsis, All-Seeing alone if you don't mind. Same for ol' Cromat . The rest is up to you; How to bring such decks to 100 cards? Have I annoyed you enough? I wonder what you'd recommended cutting for both.
Until then, I'll be waiting... Great work BTW! :D
2 months ago
4 months ago
I’m not sure that it is such a complex idea as to warrant in-depth reminder text, and, again, I think you run into some issues if you try too hard to dimerise a rather complex rule. However, as alternative reminder text that I think provides what you’re looking for:
(Target spell resolves during the resolution of Resolvespell. That spell’s controller still controls the target spell. If that spell is a permanent spell, the permanent enters the battlefield under its controller’s control, otherwise, it is put into its owner’s graveyard.)
As a slight pedantic point, all spells having split second is not quite the same thing as “all spells resolve immediately” or “all spell can’t be countered.” Split second still allows spells to be countered by creatures with morph, like Voidmage Apprentice , or triggered abilities, like Decree of Silence .
5 months ago
5 months ago
Glad you like the deck, I always have a blast playing Tuvasa. It's been pretty infamous in my circles due to it's resiliency. To answer a couple of your questions:
- Teferi's Protection is a great card, however most of the time I am tied for mana and having the difference in one CMC does make a large difference in my meta. My Tuvasa is often prone to be getting exiled and having 3 mana up is difficult as usually the turn after casting Tuvasa you are already playing another spell to make use of her. Other than that you can run both or just Teferi's Protection, it's up to you!
- Academy Rector is a trap in this deck, in order for you to make use of rector you need a kill switch. There isn't much spells that I run that destroys target creature or board wipes, I tend to usually draw into my enchantments or my tutors that gets me my enchantments and I run low CMC enchantments so rector is unnecessary for this style of play. If you are going to cheat out the bigger enchantments like say for example Omniscience or Decree of Silence than go for it, I would also include Flash as a way for instant speed kill.
- Verduran Enchantress has been cut out because I do have enough card draw, honestly it's been hard to cut out cards. I been tempted to down even to 33 lands to add in another low drop card like Ground Seal . I'm an advocate to tune your deck to your own style, if you need more card draw go add it in and test it out!
- Sigil of the Empty Throne is a fun card and can get out of hand, it can be a secondary line of winning, however I built this as a "voltron enchantress storm" type of deck and I just want to one shot people. I used to run it, but at 5 cmc it was too high when I had nothing else in my hand.
- Enchanted Evening is a great game ending card, but as I said with Sigil, I wanted to do a voltron storm style deck. You can definitely try it out as it is a huge bomb that can definitely OHKO someone not ready, but I just prefer the cost of my cards to be low for this type of deck.
Hope that answers your question and feel free to +1 upvote Tuvasa!
5 months ago
Oh, also consider Decree of Silence if you are running Solemnity.
6 months ago
Il tuo piano di gioco è usare tanto ramp per tirare Muldrotha sul campo, dopodiché, cercare di tenerlo sul campo per il resto della partita.
Per il ramp ti consiglio:
- Wayfarer's Bauble rampa velocemente e si può riutilizzare.
- Crop Rotation , Harrow , Prismatic Vista . Puoi rigiocare le terre sacrificate dal cimitero, quindi GG.
- Crucible of Worlds , Ramunap Excavator ti aiutano a giocare le terre quando non hai Muldrotha.
- The Gitrog Monster fa tutto: peschi carte, giochi più terre! Per pescare molto, anche River Kelpie è fortissima.
Per la proteggere Muldrotha, ti consiglierei queste:
- Kaya's Ghostform , Supernatural Stamina , Unholy Indenture , Abnormal Endurance , Shade's Form ti permettono di salvarla da un boardwipe/removal.
- Autumn's Veil e Veil of Summer sono utili per impostarti il turno ed impedire che ti rompano il cazzo mentre casti Muldrotha ecc.
- Counterspell , Deprive Countersquall , Cursecatcher (dipende dallo stato della partita, non ottimale), Flusterstorm , Daring Apprentice , Diplomatic Escort , Dispel , Decree of Silence (abbastanza rotta), Foil (forse non ottima perché è difficile che tu abbia un'Isola in mano sempre), Glen Elendra Archmage , Hisoka, Minamo Sensei (che hai già), Kira, Great Glass-Spinner , Stubborn Denial , Undermine , Voidmage Prodigy , Voidslime , Disallow sono tutte un buon modo per assicurarti che il tuo piano di gioco vada a buon fine, neutralizzando le azioni avversarie che possono darti fastidio. Ti consiglio quelle che si adattano di più al tuo mazzo.
Un altra strategia per assicurarti di non dover pagare la Commander Tax per rigiocare Muldrotha è di rigiocarla dal cimitero. Meglio ancora se quelle carte possono a loro volta essere rigiocate dal cimitero con Muldrotha:
- Animate Dead , Dance of the Dead , Diabolic Servitude , Doomed Necromancer , Necromancy , Recurring Nightmare . Stitch Together / Dread Return sono due carte forti, ma da valutare con attenzione perché non le puoi rigiocare con Muldrotha.
Carte che ti permettono di riprendere altre carte dal cimitero in mano:
- Eternal Witness , Skullwinder e Nyx Weaver ti permettono di riprenderti carte utili, in modo da poter sforare il limite di un solo permanente per tipo dal cimitero. Inoltre, così puoi riprendere anche Instant e Sorcery, a cui normalmente non avresti più accesso una volta usate.
Ti suggerisco una combo interessante, il Flash Hulk . Consiste nel poter giocare e subito sacrificare il Protean Hulk già dal turno due per poi poterti andare a cercare creature nel mazzo che ti permettano di fare una combo infinita e vincere. Se cerchi online dovresti trovare fonti a sufficienza. Comunque, anche solo il Protean Hulk da solo è una grande inclusione.
Inoltre, una carta davvero buffa da poter giocare nella tua combinazione di colori: Villainous Wealth .
Tra le terre che sono fortissime nel tuo mazzo ci sono anche: - Cabal Coffers insieme a Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth . - Alchemist's Refuge e Emergence Zone per poter giocare creature e altre cose ad instant speed. - Wasteland è una seconda Strip Mine . - Lotus Vale e Lotus Field sono più o meno ramp, ma anche un buon modo per fare molto mana se avessi il modo di stapparle. Magari con Deserted Temple , a cui sta anche simpatica Cabal Coffers , comunque. - Glacial Chasm è un piano di riserva che ti costa solo 2 punti vita a turno, a patto di rigiocarla sempre dal cimitero tutti i turni.
Tra le carte che ti suggerisco di togliere ci sono: