|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations||None|
|From the Vault: Annihilation||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition IV||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition||Rare|
|Portal Second Age||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy all lands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
23 hours ago
Dude, I don't think Armageddon will help your deck. You already have 2 high cost creatures in your deck, If you destroy your lands like that It will make casting them real hard. Unless you plan to cast it as a last resort or after you have all of your heavies in game, including your non-creature spells, it can be a solid, but not reliable game. I have a white deck which uses this card, but the mana curve is really low, the most expensive creature is a 4 and the most expensive non-creature is a 5. I use Armageddon only against ramp decks with creatures such as Kozilek, the Great Distortion or Progenitus, and that only after either I lost all my creatures or most of my army is in play.
5 days ago
Things I would cut (b/c they're slow or low value):Dovin Baan, Council's Judgment, Oblivion Ring, Detention Sphere, Imprisoned in the Moon, Darksteel Mutation, Rewind, Swords to Plowshares, windborn muse, deadeye, medomai, angel of tithes,Isperia, gwafa, chancellor, render silent, dissolve, negate, misdirection
Things I'd add:Armageddon, Planar Cleansing, HoU planar cleansing, Preordain, Gilded Drake (if you can justify its pricetag its really good), almost every goddamn 2cmc mana rock and below, , Static Orb , Trinisphere, Sphere of Resistance, , tanglewire, new emrakul, alhammarets archive, Dream fracture, arcane denial, mystic confluence, torrential gearhulk, cryptic command, baral cheif of cunting, both teferis, thran dynamo, exclude, evacuate, dismiss, capsize, careful consideration, seat of the synod, darksteel citadel, white artifact land.
Also remove all lands that have to come in tapped, theyre garbage (save for the scryland), replaces with even basics
Post deck in thread in sometime, ill review it again.
1 week ago
I'd add: Armageddon, Ravages of War, Slate of Ancestry, Coastal Piracy, Bident of Thassa, Wanderwine Prophets, Sigil Tracer, Harpoon Sniper, Streambed Aquitects, Empress Galina, Seasinger, Sejiri Merfolk, Ojutai's Command, Rootwater Matriarch, Distant Melody, Azorius Signet, Door of Destinies and Stormtide Leviathan
1 week ago
So, to start:
While your manabase is decently developed, 35 lands is an extremely low number for 3-color if you want to hit your fixing consistently, especially with your overwhelming inclination towards black (it's a lot harder to splash in Commander, so you may want to lighten that up after more deck testing, moreso since most of your black inclination comes from multicolored spells). To this end, I'd recommend adding Grixis Panorama and Crumbling Necropolis for a nice, handy 37 (an important threshold for consistently getting 3-land hands) that has a good bit of early fixing.
Furthermore, if you're shakily building a deck, remember the building blocks:
-10 ramp sources-10 draw sources-5 single-target removal sources-5 mass removal sources
You're halfway solid here, but your overwhelming reliance on artifact ramp might be a problem in your meta. I'd try Nightscape Familiar and Expedition Map to better support the wide amount of multicolored spells you have and fetch Urborg, because it's bloody Urborg. It's never a bad idea to diversify your ramp sources, lest Armageddon or Vandalblast set you back 5 turns.
2 weeks ago
Enlightened Tutor gets you land tax when you behind, protects you with ghostly prison, and draws cards with staff of nin. all around greatness
Angelic Overseer just seems like a big dude, no extra value. Possible cut?
I'm not sure i get the Approach of the Second Sun. you plan on casting it once, then wait until 7 turns pass and hope noone kills you?
If you're going compeditive Armageddon seems like a win if your ahead on board
2 weeks ago
The deck is coming together extremely nice! I have recently been building a stax Brago as well, so I have quite a bit of suggestions. In fact, I may have all of the suggestions, haha.
Seriously though, I apologize for my essay-length feedback...I tried to make it as aesthetically pleasing as I could.
Forgive Me Show
To continue to exploit and deprive opponent(s) of resources, Authority of the Consuls and Kismet are both good inclusions. Teferi, Temporal Archmage lets you untap permanents affected by Orbs, and at worst, can draw a little. For more guarantee of having your opponent's stuff not untap, you could also run Hokori, Dust Drinker.
Stonehorn Dignitary shuts down combat phases that an opponent might need to win with infinite creatures/deal lethal. Additionally, Orim's Chant could shut down the turn that your opponent needs to cast to go infinite.
Armageddon hurts opponents much more than you because of your artifact ramp.
For more ETBs and triggers, Panharmonicon can go crazy, or add Battle Mastery in here to double up Brago's trigger and double his Commander Damage (although that isn't necessarily the main plan, haha).
3 weeks ago
Hey DespairFaction, thanks for the suggestions! I'll go through and address each one quickly:
- I'm not really a fan of Mask of Memory, as you have to connect to draw.
- Skullclamp should definitely be in the deck, I agree. I had it in here at one point, but then took it out because I had taken some token generators out (i.e. Assemble the Legion). Since the addition of Monastery Mentor, clamp deserves a slot.
- People in my meta do play lots of board wipes, which is why I really like Sword of Light and Shadow. It also dodges the best spot removal with the pro white and black. Fliers are often most common in those colors, and I don't want to get chumped.
- Sword of Fire and Ice is obviously a good value card and I will consider it. I've never really liked Sword of War and Peace as I feel it's the most variable of the Swords. It also negates Boros Charm double strike (although some of the others swords do, as well).
- Conqueror's Flail is one I hadn't considered before, and it looks awesome. Dragonlord Dromoka is a powerhouse and having that effect on an artifact I can tutor is sick. One of the biggest problems I have is if someone counters Aurelia, obviously.
- I had Spirit of the Labyrinth in here and it was underwhelming. It also makes Wheel of Fortune a dead card in hand.
- Armageddon seems much more efficient to me than Cataclysm, but if I wanted another effect I've considered running Cataclysmic Gearhulk instead. The main thing I don't like about the cards is that they wipe my mana rocks. With Armageddon and multiple mana rocks, I can often still cast spells.
- Insurrection is very slow for this deck, and if it's countered, I'm in big trouble. I aim to win far before that with commander damage. It's also contingent on board state and can be a dead card in hand, so I'm not a fan.
- I tried Tajic, Blade of the Legion and cut him almost immediately. He usually ends up being a vanilla beater with an upside that isn't worth the mana investment.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm trying to make Aurelia as competitive as possible :)