|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Brago, King Eternal
Legendary Creature — Spirit
When Brago, King Eternal deals combat damage to a player, exile any number of target nonland permanents you control, then return those cards to the battlefield under their owner's control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||Axtel , aeonstoremyliver , bakunet , jtaddeo , killstars , saj0219 , MagnaAura , , duff87 , rikertchu , MoJoMiXuP , Bluboltar , Wiggins , philktoken8998 , rockleemyhero , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , rebelteddybear , Roadhog , Lindough , DrPopular , Poptartz95 , voidruby , Ellyreia , pokemate0 , Friedrice24 , MonoRedBomb.Com , joshw335 , machiavelli2081 , Espi14 , Justinaut , jstn.mrrtt , marcus638|
|Want (20)||PatCouturier , obitus , adb_slayer , VosslerX , Barashy , ImmortalCancer , Talonisnthavingit , kovellen , Gooberrygumdrops , Amarel , phantomblack , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , Esquire_ , swarlelion , nocipher , epic-jargon , jarjar102 , Jose_Arrogantio , mini_tb , killzoid23|
Brago, King Eternal Discussion
3 days ago
Fast_Action_Hamlet, Paradox Engine is the most ban-worthy card in EDH right now, I contemplated putting it in here anyway, just couldn't do it. Not an interesting or fair way to win in my opinion. Kind of like Tooth and Nail, its one of those cards where if it resolves, it wins. Yawn.
This is not even to mention that Brago, King Eternal runs that kind of strategy far better, and had been doing so for some time. All those cards you mentioned are essentially Brago staples, I'm not interested in running his build in a Raff deck. Its cool to pull of that win at instant speed, but it's still the same way Brago has always won. So all in all, it's not a unique way to play, which is what I'm really looking to do with this deck.
Thanks for the comment though :)
1 week ago
Here's how I think it would work. Cast Brago, King Eternal then next turn cast Wormfang Manta and attack with Brago. Flicker manta and the triggers should go on the stack at the same time directly after Brago's ability resolves. Choose to put the extra turn first so you skip your next turn but replace it with a turn directly after. Basically you end up taking all of your turns at once.
I'm just worried that "skip your next turn" means "the next time you would take a turn skip it" rather than "yeah you know that specific turn you where going to take directly after this one, well skip that in particular".
1 week ago
Hey this seems like a pretty fun deck! you should consider adding some more stuff to make Brago, King Eternal unblockable, just like Steel of the Godhead, just so you can make sure you get that damage through and trigger those effects. cards like Whispersilk Cloak, and even consider other equipment cards like Grappling Hook to give Brago double strike and trigger him twice? (although the blocking aspect f the card isn't to useful here...) maybe even Illusionist's Bracers to get some real shenanigans going on! Otherwise this deck seems great! +1
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I think you could find room for Brago, King Eternal
3 weeks ago
- It actually does! It has it's complexity, but here is how it works:
- 1) First, we need Brago, King Eternal + Strionic Resonator + Parallax Tide with at least two counters.
- 2) Deal combat damage to a player with Brago, King Eternal to trigger his ability.
- 3) As his ability triggers, it goes to the stack and we choose any two targets we want, doesn't matter.
- 4) Tap 2 untapped lands you control, generating 2 mana.
- 5) We remove 2 counters from Parallax Tide targeting the 2 lands you just tapped. If there are more counters, you can exile more lands you control (this way you can generate infinite mana).
- NOTE: We will let it resolve!
- 6) If there is still more counters in Parallax Tide, we can use it targeting the enemy's lands (so we can exile it permanently)
- NOTE: We WON'T let it resolve.
- 7) Now, in response to the ability that removes the enemy's lands, we activate the Strionic Resonator ability with the 2 mana we generated before, copying Brago's original ability, targeting both Strionic Resonator and Parallax Tide. -NOTE: how is the stack right now: --top- -> copied Brago's ability, targeting strionic and the tide -> tide's capacities that targets the enemy's lands -> original Brago's ability, targeting any 2 non land permanents you control --bottom-
- 8) As it resolves, Parallax Tide leaves, and return with 5 fading counters, it's triggered ability goes to the top of the stack and Strionic Resonator is untapped again. -NOTE: how is the stack right now:
- -top- -> Tide's ability that returns the lands you control (and, in that moment, you exiled only your lands, so only your lands will return) -> Tide's ability that targets enemy's lands -> original Brago's ability, targeting any 2 non land permanents you control --bottom-
- 9) We let resolve the Tide's ability that returns our 2 (or more) lands, untapped.
- 10) The remaining abilities of the Tide resolves and exiles permanently the enemy's lands. Indeed, it's a new Parallax Tide in game now, and when this Tide leaves the game again, it will only return the lands this new Tide removed, as it doesn't remember the lands exiled in it's past life.
- 11) Back to step 4, but with 5 counters in the Tide.