|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- How does Doubling Cube interact with mana from Savage Ventmaw?
- Order of priority for Mana Reflection plus other mana fixers
- Can I have upkeep abilities trigger the way I want them?
- How much mana do you get from a land when having Mana Reflection + Zendikar Resurgent + Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger?
- Does Rings of Brighthearth reference a permanent becomming tapped, or just the effect?
If you tap a permanent for mana, it produces twice as much of that mana instead.
Mana Reflection Discussion
1 week ago
here are some cards you could add to your deck
- Rhystic Study : It's a blue staples that should be in any blue deck
- Helix Pinnacle : It's an easy win con that cost only 1
- Jace, Wielder of Mysteries : It's a better Lab Maniac since it can make you draw to win
- Narset, Parter of Veils : It's pretty much a tutor killer for all your opponents and it buy you time to set up your game and win.
- Walking Ballista : It's another win con that can help you to get rid of creatures
- Consecrated Sphinx : It's an incredible draw engine.
- Copy Artifact : You can copy any artifact on the battlefield but I usually try to copy Isochron Scepter to get another spell imprited like High Tide or - any Counterspell that cost 2 CMC or less
- High Tide : Double all the mana from your island
- Aetherflux Reservoir : Another win con that allows you to gain life as much as you need
- Biomancer's Familiar : It's the creature version of Training Grounds so it's a must have!
There are many other cards you should add to your deck but they are not for every budget. Cards like :
- Mana Drain
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor
- Cyclonic Rift
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Force of Will
- Oracle of Mul Daya
- Mana Reflection
What do you think?
2 weeks ago
Infinite Mana Combos:
- Bloom Tender + ( Freed from the Real OR Pemmin's Aura )
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + mana rocks/dorks that give at least 3 mana
- Palinchron + ( High Tide OR Mana Reflection )
- Dryad Arbor + Utopia Sprawl
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Changes made on 9/22/19:
IN: + Nature's Lore , + Talisman of Unity , + Talisman of Curiosity , + Mana Confluence , + City of Brass , + Flooded Grove , + Path of Ancestry , + Bountiful Promenade , + Mana Reflection , + Biomantic Mastery
The land and mana rock swaps were made to allow us to produce more green mana (in turn allowing us to donate more hippos). Signets removed in favor of Talismans because if all our lands can produce , a Signet would not help us give another hippo whereas a Talisman would.
Boundless Realms was removed in favor of Mana Reflection since Reflection costs less and can potentially provide extra mana the turn it is played. Also, Reflection doubles mana gained from nonland sources as well.
Mind's Eye removed in favor of Biomantic Mastery. Mind's Eye requires continual mana investment, and that mana could be spent giving out hippos. Biomantic Mastery has the potential to find our combo pieces and allow us to win the turn it is played.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Cool deck, Selvala has been a pet deck of mine for years and one I always go back to. I don't know that it'll ever break that barrier of being on the fringe of the better decks but that's not the end of the world. Curious what you think of Cloudstone Curio in here? I've actually run it for awhile but it never ends up on the field since if I do have a tutor I'm usually looking for something else.
My deck is purposefully less streamlined in order to play with more of a midrange strategy so I've dumped a few of the dorks for heavier cards like ( Alhammarret's Archive Akroma's Memorial and Mana Reflection . I still feel like I've nearly always had a turn 2 Selvala play, and fairly often can ramp into one of those bombs right off the bat.
One recent add I've made that you might want to test with is Ranger-Captain of Eos . Tutoring for Quirion Ranger or Symbiote is great, and then you have that Silence effect rattlesnake on the board. Another card that just over-performs all the time for me is the classic Storm Seeker . In a competitive meta when someone goes Ad Naus at the end step, responding with an instant speed direct damage spell in green gets a great laugh at the table.
Another interaction you might want to play with is Penance or any other similar effect. If you have a way to tap/untap Selvala and you have Penance on the table, you can mill out your opponents and win without giving up priority.
Lastly, since you are referring to a comp meta, any reason you're not running Sylvan Library? It's a slam dunk to draw you three every turn when you're gaining tons of life with Selvala.
Anyway - great deck!
1 month ago
Sorin_Markov_1947: The deck only has 15 elves including Yeva, Nature's Herald , which makes Elvish Archdruid inconsistent, that and I don't care to buff my elves with the exception of maybe, Marwyn ? Earthcraft allows me to storm off without worrying about summoning sickness while also becoming a Mana Reflection if I have Utopia Sprawl / Wild Growth on a Forest. Voyaging Satyr is for all intents and purposes a Mind Stone with summoning sickness, but once summoning sickness wears off it's a Crop Rotation away from storming off at instant speed. The primer goes into great detail regarding each and every card choice and this deck has been tried and tested so much that I can assure you that it works as is.
Deadpoo111: The actual list is $1,599.00, which I just verified with TCGPlayer. The budget version is actually $195.93 (TCGPlayer verified as well), but I place it at $230.00 cause card prices fluctuate and it had spiked up to $230 when it was originally $200.
The term budget is VERY relative and in this case. Paying for 14% (230/1599) of the original list's total and only losing about 1-2 turns worth of speed is a HUGE bargain and DEFINITELY budget if your goal was to play this without spending $1k+. Also, please note that a good portion of these cards are typically abundant in decent-sized collections, unless of course you're starting from scratch. BUT, back to relativity: The budget version is "Budget" relative to cEDH AND its original variation.
Thank you both for taking the time to read my guide! :D
1 month ago
you and I have similar decks, looked over yours and I think your ramping is a bit higher than mine. I look to try and cheat as much mana as I can through cards like Doubling Cube , Mana Reflection , Nissa, Who Shakes the World and Savage Ventmaw to bump up all my direct damage cards or my fatties that work with "x"
Feel free to take a peak at my deck and see if maybe there are any cards/ideas that tickle your fancy Hydra Smash Face Melt
Mana Reflection occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%