Shaman of Forgotten Ways
Creature — Human Shaman
: Add two mana in any combination of colours to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast creature spells.
Formidable — , : Each player's life total becomes the number of creatures he or she controls. Activate this ability only if creature you control have total power 8 or greater.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- descent of the Dragons and shaman of forgotten ways interaction
- Is Xenagos, God of Revels a Creature spell when cast if your Devotion to Red/Green is less than 7?
- Can shaman of forgotten ways mana ability be used in conjunction with mastery of the unseen manifest ability.
- Omnath and Shaman of Forgotten Ways
- Oath of Nissa
Latest Decks as Commander
Shaman of Forgotten Ways Discussion
3 weeks ago
3 months ago
28 Lands seem very low for a Deck like this. Even if you consider it to be "Aggro". I found 33-34 to be a good amount for Decks even with Dorks and Ramp. Might seem boring but it brings alot of Consistency to the table. Other than that, I like your attempt on Maelstrom Wanderer . Shaman of Forgotten Ways is a bit questionable to me. Is the Biorhythm Effect ever paying of? Might Somberwald Sage be a better Option here? Garruk, Primal Hunter Can also be replaced by Return of the Wildspeaker since it does the same thing at Instant Speed. You're also pretty low on instants, which is not the worst thing ever. But you might consider atleast some stronger Options, Multiple Choice Counterspells are usually great with Cascade as they provide felxibility and never be a dead "Cascade" such as Sublime Epiphany , Cryptic Command and Mystic Confluence for example. If you like, you can checkout my Wanderer Deck and also leave a comment there. Peace
3 months ago
Hey guys, quick announcement for what's to be one of this decks' biggest change ever. Expect the list to reflect this change, but give me some time to tinker with the primer. So here goes, Marwyn has come to relieve Shaman of his duties.
- Wirewood Lodge target.
- Mini Seedborn with Symbiote.
- Goes off with Quirion line.
- 3 Pwr it goes off w/Scryb line.
- Goes off with Symbiote lines.
- 6 Pwr it goes off w/Hyrax lines.
- Can use Return as an outlet.
- Infinite P/T for Ram Through .
- Makes Priest better.
- Makes Selvala better.
- Mana can be used on anything.
- Yeva has all the cEDH generals.
- Bellower fetchable.
- Goes off with Quirion lines.
- Ramp for creatures.
- Closes a game.
Rip Shaman, it's been fun. Mom's home, and she really wants to play.
4 months ago
Cool deck idea! Glad that commander is getting some love!
Some interesting things to look at. Kogla, the Titan Ape has some interesting synergies with your commander. Oketra's Monument can help explode your board presence in the early game, and any of the token doubling enchantments seems equally good! It might not gel extremely well, but Shaman of Forgotten Ways is a mana dork that can also be a wincon. Esika's Chariot seems right up the decks alley, as it makes tokens and can copy your tokens as well! Myth Unbound also seems decent if you start running into targeted removal. Quirion Ranger also works with your tapping and untapping plan!
7 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
10 months ago
Maybe add more 3 cmc ramp 2..?
10 months ago
Three Visits > Rampant growth
Green Sun's Zenith - Tutor
Harmonize - Not needed but nice to have, Xenagos decks struggle with card draw and this helps mitigate that weakness.
Eternal Witness - Recursion
Kogla, the Titan Ape - Removal, utility with E-Wit and others
Shaman of Forgotten Ways - Ramp + Potential wincon
Elder Gargaroth - Really good, fav 5 drop beater in Xenagos hands down