Sigil of the Empty Throne
Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, create a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying.
|Have (2)||thirdwhirly , CampbellStev|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sigil of the Empty Throne Discussion
1 week ago
Glorious Anthem doesn't do anything here, and is win more. Satyr Enchanter is not needed since you already have 10 draw engines, and it isn't an enchantment itself. Mirari's Wake is too slow. Archon of Sun's Grace isn't really needed either, since it only makes 2/2s and it's a 4 drop non-enchantment. Sigil of the Empty Throne and Destiny Spinner are much better wincons.
1 month ago
I know the card is super slow, but it bothers me a ton that there isn't a single copy of Sigil of the Empty Throne in deck built around angels and enchantments.
Lastly, Prismatic Ending can be some additional removal for noncreatures besides Binding the Old Gods.
2 months ago
Played a couple games and it seems like green was coming out. First match up against Modern Maverick with Knight of the Reliquary , Noble Hierarch , Voice of Resurgence , Stoneforge Mystic , and MAINDECK Qasali Pridemage . I managed to slow them down off of two Ghostly Prison s by turn 6 until I could draw into Sphere of Safety . Closed off the removal with double Sterling Grove and maybe four turns bought off Out of Time the opponent had to wave the flag before the fleet of angels. In the second game, they had removal creatures and tutors galore to keep me off enough early plays that I folded to Eternal Witness to get back Eladamri's Call on my end step and I folded not needing to see what they’d pull, I was behind enough on board and stuck on two lands. Tiebreaker started out looking like the second but with double Sterling Grove in my opener, I could at least absorb a removal if not close them off removal completely. I was mainly leaning on that while Sythis, Harvest's Hand fed me into more board control. We went back and forth with me removing or isolating singular threats along the way until they blew me out with Engineered Explosives for three to get rid of two Ghostly Prison s, Enchantress's Presence , Out of Time , and Solitary Confinement but not before I could deploy a second Grove. They didn’t have a very threatening board with On Thin Ice and Runed Halo still doing work. So I got back Confinement with Hall of Heliod's Generosity and sent in the final blows with Heliod, God of the Sun .
That was a close fought battle and much more back and forth than I anticipated. Those tutors provided for a rather consistent toolbox package. Alas, strats with one way to win are relatively easy to hate. It’s less about accumulating hate and rather about using enough hate to get to that one piece. That Engineered Explosives blowout scared me but we just needed that one piece. Ironically, I drew into Confinement off of Sythis’s trigger when I replayed my Halled back first Confinement. Guess I knew what I was discarding on that first upkeep.
Second match brought more green creatures with Heliod Company. First game went pretty smoothly as I got out a quick Sythis backed by Grove. Also started with Leyline of Sanctity . Always nice to get that incidental gotcha. They plopped out some creatures. I deployed Ghostly Prison and frankly, off the back of not being able to combo me, they folded to Sigil of the Empty Throne . Second game went very similarly too first match second game. Off the back of Grove and Halo, I got stuck on two lands and they widened their board beyond saving as I never got another land. Last game was very intriguing. They managed a decent board but I managed to get a draw engine behind Solitary Confinement early. They Walking Ballista + Heliod, Sun-Crowned to an arbitrary amount of life and asked how I was going to win. While I didn’t have a guaranteed win, I could theoretically moderate how many draw engines I had out and use Hall of Heliod's Generosity to keep me from milling out until the opponent eventually would. They decided to close up there. A theoretically infinite amount of life: defeated. That made for a very interesting finish. I’m sure my opponent was just thinking ‘How can they possible overcome all the life? They only have Heliod, God of the Sun and Sigil Angel beats.’ Well, we found out. Very slowly. Very miserably.
2 months ago
(10) the general plan is to slow your opponent down with the enchantments, in the past the lack of Solitary Confinement made this difficult if you didn't draw Ghostly Prison , Sphere of Safety and Leyline of Sanctity . if you want more win cons you can increase the number Sigil of the Empty Throne and add Luminarch Ascension additionally with Sanctum Weaver enough mana could be produced to cast Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
(11) I did some testing with Calix, Destiny's Hand and feel in this deck it does everything you want but does not win the game so I ended up cutting it for more win conditions
(12) depending on the current meta you can adjust the numbers of the stax enchantments to compensate for the usual meta game shifts. This deck does do best in a meta filed with aggro and midrange, control is difficult due to counterspells. for the most part I see this deck being solid tier 2 for the future the upgrades from MH2 bring it out of its tier 3 state of the past.
@TKDbeast I hope that answers your question if you have more feel free to ask!
2 months ago
Awesome stuff! I'm so excited for MH2's enchantress support, and I'm happy to see people already experimenting and learning!
Here are a bunch of questions - sorry if there are too many! Answer as many as you'd like!
- Thoughts on Suppression Field ?
- Thoughts on Courser of Kruphix ?
- Thoughts on Sanctum Weaver?
- Why Privileged Position over Greater Auramancy ?
- Why Conclave Tribunal ?
- Why Wheel of Sun and Moon over Rest in Peace ?
- When do you want to cast Solitary Confinement ? If you're on the brink of losing, is it a good play?
- How good is Hall of Heliod's Generosity , and when should you use it?
- Why did you select Canopy Vista over other lands?
- Between Sigil of the Empty Throne and Setessan Champion , are there enough wincons? Additionally, are they fast enough, or are Solitary Confinement s and your other enchantments strong enough to buy you time?
- How good is Calix, Destiny's Hand ?
- How do you foresee the Modern metagame and Enchantress archetype affecting one-another in the future?
2 months ago
Ravenrose Thanks for the feedback. I definitly like the courts and have a Court of Grace which would be a good fit for this deck for making flyers each of my turns. Just need to figure out what to cut for it. Sphere of Safety and Sigil of the Empty Throne are both strong, though I think the density of enchantments is currently a little low to make them as strong as they could be.
2 months ago
3 months ago
First, I am not sure you commander is all that great for an Enchantress deck. She's effectively a Llanowar Elves in the Command Zone since her attack trigger is going to be largely irrelevant for many enchantment types.
You are also going to have a fair number of problems due to the lack of White. White gives you access to a number of powerful payoffs, including a large number of enchantresses, strong enchantment finishers like Sigil of the Empty Throne and Ethereal Armor , and removal in the form of Darksteel Mutation and exile enchantments.
Red in particular suffers from a lack of great Enchantment synergies--as a color, it is designed to be rather uninteractive with Enchantments. So, outside of combat shenanigans (which you said you did not want to do), you are in a bit of a bind.
The only real enchantment-related wincon I can think of that has synergy with your commander is Helix Pinnacle . That at least provides you something you can do with mana from attacking. But that is still a minimum amount of counters per turn--you would want to increase that amount substantially. Cards like Doubling Season and Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider help with this some.
You could use various Green enchantments that stick on lands and increase their output-- Dawn's Reflection , Utopia Sprawl , etc.--but those leave you quite susceptible to common land removal like Strip Mine . You would then want some sort of big finishers that are mana intensive (such as hydras with Doubling Season, large X spells, Helix Pinnacle, etc.) you can sink the mana into.