|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Cat Warrior
If a creature is attacking you and you control a Forest and a Plains, you may play Qasali Ambusher without paying its mana cost and as though it had flash.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Qasali Ambusher Discussion
1 week ago
Ooh, Cats. I helped build a tribal cat deck with my brother, but in Naya colors (partly for Wild Nacatl). At least in Selesnya colors, though, you still have a lot of cat-tastic options.
- Loam Lion comes down fast as a 2/3 with a Temple Garden in play, but, if you go with Loam Lion, you need four Temple Gardens. I would run more Temple Gardens in lieu of the Sunpetal Groves, though (or even Canopy Vista!), because having both of the land types is somewhat useful here.
- More Qasali Ambushers are a good option if you're running more dual lands, especially since they trade with/kill a lot of fast threats and are my favorite price of all (free).
- Run more Qasali Pridemages if possible, especially with Lantern decks everywhere.
- In the sideboard, I might consider Thorn of Amethyst to deal with creature-light decks and Rest in Peace instead of the Relic of Progenitus. You can also use Angel's Grace and Dawn Charm as a possibility to deal with insta-kills (and I'd think Dawn Charm's better than Druid's Deliverance).
- While I fully approve of Stony Silence, maybe a singleton Fracturing Gust would be worthwhile to deal with affinity and lantern: it kills all artifacts for a low price, even though it costs five mana (but, against lantern, many of the super-troublesome artifacts don't require the use of activated abilities to screw things up. Alternately, you have Kataki, War's Wage, which kinda looks cat-like...
- Ajani, Caller of the Pride is a good planeswalker, but you need to be ahead to make him work. I prefer Elspeth, Knight-Errant, as she buffs your attacking kitties and makes guys to protect you if your board is empty. (Plus, she might also fit the theme...(?))
1 week ago
Thank you for your time and suggestions! I currently run my landbase on cards I have (so no Arid Mesa in my case).
Not sure about Steppe Lynx though. I'm afraid that with only 20 lands (even if we play a lot of fetches), Steppe Lynx is just going to end up as a chump blocker. I really like Qasali Ambusher for the suprise element and it's great against cards like Delver of Secrets Flip and Goblin Guide, especially if you played a turn 1 Temple Garden.
1 week ago
Your average non-land CMC is 1.846, color ratios are pretty clean, a couple landbase points:
To Support the lynx and Brimaz, upping the white mana seems smart, if you decide to do these changes, I'd suggest dropping a mountain, and throwing in a couple Arid Mesa by dropping a plains as well.
I'll build up a quick decklist for this on my account.
2 weeks ago
I did a minor edit, as well, for the Cat Precon. Take a gander.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 71 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
3 weeks ago
So many solid Cats that aren't being played! As mentioned previously by others, this deck is really slow and the curve is huge. No removal really hurts. Why no Path to Exile? Also with those colours Dromoka's Command can really do work in this kind of deck.
Dranx on Krolse Kat
3 weeks ago
- Door of Destinies
- Duelist's Heritage
- Qasali Ambusher
- Fleetfoot Panther
- Skyhunter Skirmisher
- Whitemane Lion
3 weeks ago
Hybrow I put in Prowler's Helm & cut Whispersilk Cloak for the same reason I cut Lightning Greaves: because of the shroud. Makes it too difficult to equip with other equipment & renders Eminence useless. I cut Sword of Feast and Famine & Sword of Light and Shadow for the same reason (protection from white/green). Thanks for the suggestions though! I have thought about Nacatl War-Pride before, but he just seems too costly mana-wise.. of he was 3G, instead of 3GGG, then I would play him, but I cut all the really high CMC cats & it plays better with the lower curve; the only creatures I kept over 6-CMC are Felidar Sovereign, Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith, Raksha Golden Cub, and Sun Titan. Qasali Ambusher just doesn't have enough of an impact to make a slot in EDH- I'd rather pay some mana for some good keywords or abilities. I hadn't considered Nylea's Emissary or Chariot of Victory before.. I think Nylea's Emissary is ALMOST worth it if I consider it a 6/6 Trampler for 3G (because the Eminence), but the fact that it gets taken out by enchantment-hate means everyone probably has an answer for it when it becomes their problem. Prowler's Helm is still my favorite way to get damage through, but I also have Rancor, Rogue's Passage, Sword of Fire and Ice, Sword of Vengeance, and Ahrabo's 2nd ability. Chariot of Victory might be better the Sword of Vengeance in some decks because of the Equip1, but I have at least 4 ways to cheat on equip costs (Stonehewer Giant, Sigarda's Aid, Hammer of Nazahn, Puresteel Paladin, etc), and things to tutor for those ways, so I think I'll stick with the additional +2/0 and vigilance. Thanks for the feedback, though!
Hybrow on WonderCats
3 weeks ago
I have cat tribal as well. Super fun and fast its one of my favorite decks right now. Thundercats Ho! - Arahbo EDH . I would recommend a few cards to add:
Nacatl War-Pride - works great, can only be blocked by one creature, and will wipe out any token deck.
Nylea's Emissary - the trample is great, its a bit pricey mana wise, but i find that the hardest thing is getting through that one pumped up creature.
Qasali Ambusher - is a free cat for the most part.. dont have to block with him when you flash him in, but get him for free then attack with him next turn.
Whispersilk Cloak - super cheap way to get your biggest bad guy through for a hit.
Chariot of Victory - again the trample is great. The first strike and haste are bonuses too. Make sure that that big guy is going to live
Hope these help... if you only take one if these suggestions, i would take a close look at the War Pride. Its a beast in a cat deck