|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Choose one —
- Destroy target monocolored creature.
- Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
- Draw two cards, then discard a card.
Sultai Charm Discussion
1 month ago
4 months ago
You may want to consider Angelic Renewal in this deck. The way it works with Evoke, you pay the Evoke cost, and by sacrificing Renewal, you get to keep the creature, as well as the ETB when returns to the battlefield. I've run the interaction in Pauper decks, and it's hilarious to do things like turn-2 Renewal, turn-3 Mulldrifter to draw 4 and get a 2/2 flier. You can do similar things by exiling the creature before it's sacrificed with Parallax Wave , Deadeye Navigator , Roon of the Hidden Realm , and Endless Sands . If you like that plan, I would include AEthersnipe and Walker of the Grove , too.
I'm also a little confused as to why you're not running Scapeshift in a Gates deck, especially one full of Landfall creatures. Other good land-fetch cards include Skyshroud Claim , Hunting Wilds , Ranger's Path , Wood Elves , Krosan Verge , Nature's Lore , and Karametra, God of Harvests , all of which fetch your Shocklands.
Path of Ancestry is fantastic in tribal decks, and it is an absolute staple in 5-color tribal decks.
The final thing I would do is include some looting effects and self mill that won't put your Gates in the yard, since your commander wants expensive Elementals to reanimate. Kiora, Master of the Depths and Mulch could be good on the mill side, and Faithless Looting , Frantic Search , Greater Good (You can sac Evoked elementals in response to the trigger! Value!), Sultai Charm , and Chart a Course are all good for looting. Also, Surveil can help to fill the yard, as well. Try Notion Rain and Price of Fame (Good for killing Commanders!).
As for cuts, I would lose Brighthearth Banneret (land ramp is just better most of the time), Fertilid (7-mana Explosive Vegetation is bad, even if it has recursion), Rubblehulk (no ability, so it'll just get chumped for days. Run Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar if you want the land-count effect), and Tyrant of Discord (too expensive for a random effect).
5 months ago
You might consider some cheap replacements: Vivid Creek , Vivid Marsh , Vivid Crag and Vivid Grove instead of Dismal Backwater , Jungle Hollow , Rugged Highlands and Swiftwater Cliffs for extra mana-fixing (which is needed in a 4-color deck). Also: Llanowar Wastes , Yavimaya Coast and Shivan Reef are cheap untapped lands. // You might consider Farseek , Sakura-Tribe Elder , Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route for further ramp. Farseek can grab Sunken Hollow , Smoldering Marsh or Cinder Glade , while Circuitous Route can search for Simic Guildgate , Izzet Guildgate and Golgari Guildgate . // You might run Fact or Fiction , Steam Augury and Ancient Excavation for early card draw and graveyard filler for delve cards, like Murderous Cut , Dig Through Time and Tasigur, the Golden Fang (they all got reprinted). Brainstorm and Painful Truths are also great draw spells. // Izzet Charm , Crosis's Charm and Sultai Charm are really versatile removing threats. They could replace Scour from Existence . // Zendikar Resurgent is a mana-doubler, which can fuel big Comet Storm , Blue Sun's Zenith , Pull from Tomorrow , Exsanguinate and Curse of the Swine . // Since you are playing expensive spells, Deep-Sea Kraken , Combustible Gearhulk , Avatar of Fury , Avatar of Woe , Primeval Protector , Sunbird's Invocation , Metallurgic Summonings are great ways to deal a lot of damage.
6 months ago
Solid foundation for a Muldrotha deck especially on a budget but there is a lot of stuff in here that really could go.
There is some cheap stuff you could add to really improve things Acidic Slime Plaguecrafter Final Parting Living Death Wood Elves Oblivion Sower Noxious Gearhulk Disciple of Bolas Mulldrifter Shriekmaw Fleshbag Marauder Putrefy Solemn Simulacrum Jarad's Orders Ashnod's Altar tho its a little pricey Commander's Sphere Sunken Hollow Darkslick Shores Llanowar Wastes
Things you should cut immediately: Archeomancer Archetype of Endurance Body Double Brawn Golgari Findbroker Ixidron Mystic Snake Necrotic Ooze Nekrataal Nyx Weaver Pestilence Demon Phyrexian Devourer Torrent Elemental Triskelion Cancel Perpetual Timepiece
Things that should come out eventually
Eventually you will want to overhaul your landbase as well
7 months ago
Creature — Elemental
:Put a blaze counter on target land without a blaze counter on it.
As long as that land has a blaze counter on it,
it has “At the beginning of your upkeep, this land
deals 1 damage to you.” (The land continues to
burn after Obsidian Fireheart has left the battlefield.)
All 10 already exist...
Create a Gruul card that does something with tokens other than creating them. legendofa
8 months ago
This is one of my favorite casual archetypes, and nice execution here. I would suggest cutting the Sultai Charms and maybe a couple of Chart a Course for some 1-mana discard, like Duress or Thoughtseize, depending on your budget. It's not truly ramp, but adding some 1-2 mana control pieces like discards and counterspells help get you the time you need. I also suggest adding at least two more lands.
How is Villainous Wealth working for you? I've never been able to get it running right without a much heavier green presence. Is it treating you better?
9 months ago
Boza, I think it's good for two reasons :
It's ANY CARD. AT INSTANT SPEED.
It doesn't require to be only black. That means you can go get a Liliana of the Veil or something more fancy like Dreadbore or Sultai Charm at the end of your opponent's turn. It finds you answers and essentially turns your deck into a toolbox.
You could also go 5c aggro and have this to find the right creature at the right mana cost at the right time :D the possibilities are endless, my friend!
9 months ago
Hi! I'm personally a huge fan of Muldrotha as a commander; so first of all, nice choice! Here are some cuts and additions I'd recommend:
- Archetype of Endurance. This card is very powerful to be sure, but Muldrotha already needs a lot of mana to function, and you don't have very many ways to cheat it into play.
- Butcher of Malakir. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are more expensive money-wise, but being cheaper on mana and also more resilient makes them much, much better.
- Deranged Assistant. It looks good at first glance, but it's a 2-mana dork, and you're not playing any of the 1-mana dorks anyways. The single-card mill is a very minor upside.
- Millikin. Same as above.
- Nyx Weaver. It can be very good, but it's just too slow. There are much better ways to mill yourself, and a 6-mana Regrowth is way too much mana.
- Progenitor Mimic. A powerful card to be sure, but this isn't the deck for it.
- Slum Reaper. I think this card is only really worth running in decks that badly need the 3rd Fleshbag Marauder. Shriekmaw is almost always going to be better.
- Aether Spellbomb. Looping it can be fun, but bouncing a creature is a terrible waste, and there are better ways to draw cards with artifacts.
- Perpetual Timepiece. This card was good on Game Knights when they were only using Standard cards, but we have better options.
- Plague Boiler. This card is also cool, but once again, we have better choices.
- Demonic Vigor. Fun with Muldrotha, but there is usually so much exile-based removal in Commander that this card isn't as good as you think.
- Hesitation. Sweet include, but looks a little too cute. Very easy to play around, and also counters your spells.
- Skeletal Grimace. Same as Demonic Vigor.
- Thrull Retainer. Same.
- Grave Pact / Dictate of Erebos
- Living Death
- Dimir Signet
- Siren Stormtamer
- Farhaven Elf
- Wood Elves
- Evolutionary Leap
- Altar of Dementia
- Ashnod's Altar
- Pelakka Wurm
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Glen Elendra Archmage (pricey, but very powerful)
- Nihil Spellbomb (secretly fantastic here)
- Sultai Charm
- Phyrexian Arena
Hope this helps! Feel free to leave a comment on my profile if you'd like further suggestions for this or any other deck! Good luck!
Sultai Charm occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%