|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Choose one —
- Destroy target monocolored creature.
- Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
- Draw two cards, then discard a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (28)||ironax , Fiolek , Doom_of_Valyria , WunderlichDrums , killstars , , rikertchu , Tmanator , Riders_of_Brohan , NCN946 , MattN7498 , itheoryz , lakajen , ducttapedeckbox , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , sonnet666 , metljoe , voidruby , ajc3527 , TheDuggernaught , darthnuchi , NobleSlay3r , dbp512 , AllDayTayTay , Va1mar , Myllyes314 , cryptoplasm|
|Want (19)||SlickWizard , scarmask , Roblicious , dymongoose , Fullmetalmage , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , kovellen , MutantDesecration , APPLE01DOJ , lordlex , El_Travio , Sherrodninja , Egag101 , RoninH3RO , Nerubian , Zidon , BarkingDog , adb_slayer , deundefeatable|
Sultai Charm Discussion
3 weeks ago
This is one of my favorite casual archetypes, and nice execution here. I would suggest cutting the Sultai Charms and maybe a couple of Chart a Course for some 1-mana discard, like Duress or Thoughtseize, depending on your budget. It's not truly ramp, but adding some 1-2 mana control pieces like discards and counterspells help get you the time you need. I also suggest adding at least two more lands.
How is Villainous Wealth working for you? I've never been able to get it running right without a much heavier green presence. Is it treating you better?
2 months ago
Boza, I think it's good for two reasons :
It's ANY CARD. AT INSTANT SPEED.
It doesn't require to be only black. That means you can go get a Liliana of the Veil or something more fancy like Dreadbore or Sultai Charm at the end of your opponent's turn. It finds you answers and essentially turns your deck into a toolbox.
You could also go 5c aggro and have this to find the right creature at the right mana cost at the right time :D the possibilities are endless, my friend!
2 months ago
Hi! I'm personally a huge fan of Muldrotha as a commander; so first of all, nice choice! Here are some cuts and additions I'd recommend:
- Archetype of Endurance. This card is very powerful to be sure, but Muldrotha already needs a lot of mana to function, and you don't have very many ways to cheat it into play.
- Butcher of Malakir. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are more expensive money-wise, but being cheaper on mana and also more resilient makes them much, much better.
- Deranged Assistant. It looks good at first glance, but it's a 2-mana dork, and you're not playing any of the 1-mana dorks anyways. The single-card mill is a very minor upside.
- Millikin. Same as above.
- Nyx Weaver. It can be very good, but it's just too slow. There are much better ways to mill yourself, and a 6-mana Regrowth is way too much mana.
- Progenitor Mimic. A powerful card to be sure, but this isn't the deck for it.
- Slum Reaper. I think this card is only really worth running in decks that badly need the 3rd Fleshbag Marauder. Shriekmaw is almost always going to be better.
- Aether Spellbomb. Looping it can be fun, but bouncing a creature is a terrible waste, and there are better ways to draw cards with artifacts.
- Perpetual Timepiece. This card was good on Game Knights when they were only using Standard cards, but we have better options.
- Plague Boiler. This card is also cool, but once again, we have better choices.
- Demonic Vigor. Fun with Muldrotha, but there is usually so much exile-based removal in Commander that this card isn't as good as you think.
- Hesitation. Sweet include, but looks a little too cute. Very easy to play around, and also counters your spells.
- Skeletal Grimace. Same as Demonic Vigor.
- Thrull Retainer. Same.
- Grave Pact / Dictate of Erebos
- Living Death
- Dimir Signet
- Siren Stormtamer
- Farhaven Elf
- Wood Elves
- Evolutionary Leap
- Altar of Dementia
- Ashnod's Altar
- Pelakka Wurm
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Glen Elendra Archmage (pricey, but very powerful)
- Nihil Spellbomb (secretly fantastic here)
- Sultai Charm
- Phyrexian Arena
Hope this helps! Feel free to leave a comment on my profile if you'd like further suggestions for this or any other deck! Good luck!
2 months ago
3 mana, 3 counters for Ramos, and a ton of different effects for multiple situations. Obviously not all of those should go in your deck, but I would definitely throw in your favorites.
2 months ago
You decisions all make sense to me. I think the sceptor package is better in faster metas but if yours is slower and not abundant with graveyard hate the reanimation package makes sense. As you say, if you go this route then a Palinchron package is better!
I didn't realise before but you're right, your blue card density is a little lower than mine. I have actually never had Force in hand and not be able to cast for the alternative cost. I would think your density is still high enough to make it worth it but maybe that needs testing. If you do go reanimator the density will probably go up as well so thats something to consider...
I think I would favour Putrefy over Go for the Throat it's harder to cast and more expensive but a lot more versatile. That said, you already run Krosan and Nature's claim so maybe you don't need it. If giving away tokens doesn't end up mattering for you then you could also use Pongify as an efficient solution.
As for the specific questions:
1) Ok for transformation, I recommend something similar to me where it's not all in but a decent and tight package that when combined with tutors in the deck is very reliable if you want to go that route in a game.
I think the single best reanmiation target right now is Nezahal, Primal Tide, followed by Consecrated Sphinx. You don't really need to run both of these tbh, I have just always liked having both. For a long time I was running Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur and he was great. I actually had him turn one once or twice which was brutal! I am currently also testing razaketh, the foulblooded , will let you know how that goes!
The other important consideration is how you get the cards in to the graveyard. Having some discard outlets is important on top of Tasigur's ability. Sultai Charm, Fact or Fiction, Windfall and Nezahal are great for this, so you're probably ok on that front for now. I also run Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, he is great for some filtering and recursion but I often use him to pitch a reanimation target also.
There are some other specific things to think about but I think this is enough to test how you like it and then you can decide if you want to pull the trigger fully.
So 7 cuts for those. We can instantly cut two in the Sceptor package, so that leaves 5. I would cut at least 2 - 3 lands? It seems like a lot but 39 is very high right now. If you're dropping the sceptor package and in a slower competitive meta there are arguments to be made for dropping one or two of the mana dorks but that's a personal call I think. Otherwise my initial preference would be for the Time Warp and/or Phryrexian Arena but as you said they have served you well!
2) I ended up trading it out for Trickbind, I found I have enough other counters in the deck that I don't mind losing the flexibility of this effect. I was almost always using it to counter triggered and activated abilities anyway and Trickbind is just so much better at this. Cheaper, easier to cast, split second and also stops repeated activations for that turn (those last two are huge!).
And it was no trouble to look over. It made me realise some missing pieces in my list so it has been double useful! I look forward to hearing how you get on with the deck as you play it more!
3 months ago
Favorite Shard: Grixis
Manipulative, cruel, powerful. Edicts, burn, bounce, counterspells, everything control can be found here, and with a handful of evasive, aggressive creatures to swoop in with once you've established control of the board, or you can play the slow-burn game with effects like Nekusar, the Mindrazer. Put your opponent(s) on a clock and deny them the ability to stop it. Plus their ability to run some of the meanest creatures in the form of things like Kederekt Creeper, Baleful Strix, Master of Cruelties, etc. So much fun to be had.
Favorite Wedge: Abzan
Relentless power. I love Abzan because of its resilience, strength, and versatility. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of Abzan specific cards, but being able to run things like Animate Dead, Sun Titan, Brave the Sands, alongside gigantic green creatures like Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Ghoultree, Avatar of Might, etc is just incredible. The incredible suite of removal that B/W brings to the table in the form of Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking, Utter End, etc, combined with the might of Green creatures, further compounded by the volume of powerful reanimation effects these colors all have, builds a powerful, versatile deck that just never gives up. I've run Abzan decks that have had their most crucial cards hit with Slaughter Games type effects, and they still didn't stop, didn't slow down, and pulled out a win.
Favorite Allied Guild: Rakdos
Rakdos just knows how to throw a party. Every time I've built Rakdos I end up having fun, win or lose. Chaotic game-changers like Everlasting Torment, Havoc Festival, and Sire Of Insanity just bring a lot of shenanigans to the table that people just aren't prepared to deal with. Terminate is one of the kings of removal. Cards like Backlash, Delirium, and Rakdos Charm punish a variety of opposing playstyles. The individual colors also contribute a lot to your ability to handle creatures, and create even more chaos. Endless Whispers, Scrambleverse, you name it.
I cannot wait to get my hands on Last One Standing.
Favorite Enemy Guild: Simic
This one is simple, these two colors compliment each other so well it's insane. There is almost nothing that exists in this game that Simic cannot do. Green's weakness is its inability to manipulate the board much without combat. Blue's weakness is in its board presence and creatures. They are ideal together. Ramp, removal, aggro, counterspells, creature control, resilience. Simic has all its bases covered, and with just two colors. Mystic Snake, Trygon Predator, Kiora's Follower, Plasm Capture, Voidslime, Simic Charm, these cards are amazing, and that's without getting into the mono-color cards.
I'd also like to throw out some love for "Growth", the combination. The only pure Growth cards we have thus far are Atraxa, Praetors' Voice, and Witch-Maw Nephilim, but boy what cards they are. But the colors themselves are awesome together. G/U's flexibility, W/B's removal, much less other multicolor synergies, access to Abzan cards, Sultai cards, Esper cards. Obviously the mana base gets complicated fast, and it can be hard to handle, but if it works, it works.
5 months ago
Thanks, I forgot about Beast Within, I was thinking i could also use Imprisoned in the Moon as basically the blue version of Oblivion Ring or Banishing Light to get a little more flexibility in removal. Also as an enchantment if it gets wiped I could pull it back out of the graveyard with Muldrotha.
Reclamation Sage looks like it could slot in for Sultai Charm and again with Muldrotha graveyard recursion and transmute tutors for 3 - i'd lose the draw from Sultai Charm but i haven't seen that I need it so much in any of my play tests.
5 months ago
Move Nezahal, Primal Tide to Draw. The draw makes him good more than anything... Like another Sphinx.
Glacial Chasm Count it as a land and take a land out. Downsides: Requires Muldrotha in play; Pricey Fog that requires players to run MLD or recurring land removal to answer; Probably not fun/healthy. Idk... I would play it competively, but you might regret having it in casuals.
Yavimaya Elder I bet you the is going to be annoying and he's 5 mana to run. Muldrotha is going to be under a lot of pressure to get things out when she's alive so he's by himself, really, and blue has good draw... so more baubles imo.
World Shaper If the gimmick isn't fun, out with him.
Ramunap Excavator I think Muldrotha covers both of these and only good if you hit the dinosaur or oracle.
- Perpetual Timepiece > Dreamborn Muse > Frantic Search. I would pick one. Probably the one that is worth and easy to cast with Muldrotha.
- Sultai Charm Versatile, but also conditional. I think we just wheel/loot into the removal we need.
So... we have enough cards that are good when Muldrotha is in play. Lets pretend she's dead (indefinitely)...
- Compulsive Research "Draw 2"
- Dark Bargain "Draw 2, lose 2 life"
- Birthing Pod < Sidisi, Undead Vizier < Final Parting cut two of these. Pod needs you to be creature based and to be built around... I think it interferes too much with the plan and is better with Elves and tokens. The latter two are close. Both want Muldrotha in play, but I think fetching Mimeoplasm or Ooze (or Dark Depths/Hexmage!) with Parting is stronger and less conditional. I love Sidisi though ;(
- Swan Song and/or Pact of Negation Negation is better if you have lots of counterspells or have to storm. If someone can tap your lands, gg. Sub in Voidmage Prodigy (same thing but reusable).
- Vedalken Orrery I don't think its worth when it doesn't interact with Muldrotha. You're running ramp and, again, not a lot of counterspells so you can just leave the mana open and spend it elsewhere instead of dumping into Orrery.
Also consider subbing more enchantment removal just to even the slots.