|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
When Elvish Pioneer enters the battlefield, you may put a basic land card from your hand into play tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Elvish Pioneer Discussion
5 days ago
Haha! Cool deck!
I think you will definitely want Budoka Gardener / Dokai, Weaver of Life, maybe Elvish Pioneer or Gaea's Touch, and Sakura-Tribe Scout, Skyshroud Ranger, and Terrain Generator can all be considered over or with your Llanowar Scout.
Eternity Vessel might be good to help you last for ever in the late game.
Hope some of this helps!
4 weeks ago
Hey there!I'm constructing a similar deck, I'm using:
Azusa, Lost but Seeking (its expensive i know, but w M25 it goes down).
Chain of Acid its an interesting card I think.
Elvish Pioneer my phylosophy for this deck is "More ramp = more fun".
Key to the City I use it to "cycle lands".
Rampant Growth Because why not.
Land Grant More ramp-stuff.
I hope i can help! Have fun :)
5 months ago
These are the cards above 10 dollars and what to include instead:
- Exploration can be changed for Burgeoning, but Exploration is more explosive since it lets you also cast a one mana creature on turn one and attack with it on turn two, drawing a card.
- Temporal Manipulation can be changed for Part the Waterveil
- Time Warp is very importart, I would recommend you buying it (I'm saving for Capture of Jingzhou since 5 mana take a turn are crucial for going off), but if you are short on money Temporal Trespass may do the trick
- Gaea's Cradle can be replaced with Boreal Druid. Don't use Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, since it is too slow. Remember to take out Crop Rotation
- Flusterstorm can be replaced with some other cheap counterspell, maybe Mana Leak, Disdainful Stroke or Swan Song (beware: the bird token blocking your flying creatures is very annoying)
- Force of Will can be replaced with Foil, specially since you will have more basics by taking out fetches. Abjure is another good option.
- Chrome Mox, Mana Crypt and Mana Crypt: fast mana is really important for this deck, maybe Elvish Spirit Guide can replace one, also try Druids' Repository and Nature's Will (specially if there is stax in your meta.
Regarding the mana base, just take of all the fetches, shocks and Cavern of Souls (its not that important) and replace them with duals lands that come into place untapped, like Reflecting Pool and Exotic Orchard (this is very important). If you don't find lands that come into play untapped, just play basics, a high basic land count its actually a good thing since Elvish Pioneer on turn one is one of your more explosive hands (it lets you cast Edric on turn two and attack with a creature).
This is a very "all in" version of the deck. Maybe a budget friendly version could try to be more resilient and run cards like Coastal Piracy, Bident of Thassa and more ways of protecting your creatures from wrath effects, Wrap in Vigor, Chasm Skulker, Hangarback Walker, Whisperwood Elemental, Foundry of the Consuls, Faerie Conclave are just some that come to mind.
This deck started as a budget one, and it did very well then :) it does improve with expensive cards, but not as much as you would think.
Best of luck! Upload yours when you build it and let me know of the results.
5 months ago
I think you need a solid few ramp dorks to make this work more effectively. Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Elvish Pioneer, Sylvan Caryatid, or Joraga Treespeaker? You just dont have anything to put out early and that could be an issue.
6 months ago
Your mana base needs to shift more to white and green and away from blue to hit your one drops and play your late blue spells. I would try 7 Plains, 9 Forest, 2 Islands. Awakening Part the Waterveil at 6UUU will require a Cascading Cataracts which seems acceptable at 9 mana, but the 2 Islands are sufficient for everything else and can be tutored up.
Along with Sakura-Tribe Elder, you could try Rampant Growth,Viridian Emissary,Harrow,Primal Druid,Animist's Awakening. There are also some creatures that help play extra lands from your hand: Elvish Pioneer,Sakura-Tribe Scout,Walking Atlas.
For example, 2 Elvish Pioneer, 4 Sakura-Tribe Elder, 2 Hour of Promise could replace your 4 Explosive Vegetation, 4 Hour of Promise (Keeping your 2 Nissa's Renewal). This curve might not be low enough, but it is a start.
11 months ago
If you want to improve your ramp on a budget the best option is 4x Arbor Elf and 4x Fertile Ground on turn 2 you have access to potentially 4 mana, 2 used to cast Fertile Ground and 2 free, turn 3 could see 6 mana as a minimum... To improve the consistency you would need to use the 2x Utopia Sprawl (as it costs more $, or ) and 2 Voyaging Satyr. You could also use Elvish Pioneer to improve your ramp too.
Once you have got the ramp sorted out then you can think about which big creatures you gain the most from playing.