|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
When Elvish Pioneer enters the battlefield, you may put a basic land card from your hand into play tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||corys , anonymausguy , NorthernCrow|
|Want (6)||SketchMix , ChubyCryBaby , PyRoTheLifeLess , Voxzorz , TheDuskheart , eriico39hi|
Elvish Pioneer Discussion
1 month ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
1 month ago
Great list! Your list has given me some great ideas to tweak mine.
This post is huge, for which I apologize, so you don't have to respond to every question right away or at all. As another Marywn player though, here are my questions/comments.
1. How fast is the your meta? How does your list compare?
2. How much removal do you typically face? My tablemates know that if Marwyn doesn't have summoning sickness I am very close to winning, so I typically have to recast her about once a game. To get around that my list has more redundancy in terms of mana generating creatures and more haste enablers. Continuing that thought, you mentioned considering cards like Swiftfoot Boots. I have found haste enablers to be incredible.
3. In your experience how effective is Elvish Pioneer? Is 28 enough basics to consistently use the ability?
4. How effective have you found all the pump cards in your list? About how often do you end up with a huge Marwyn and no outlet for the mana? our lists differ drastically in this regard, how we pump Marywn. Berserk seems amazing though, I'll likely switch that out for Overwhelming Stampede.
5.How do you win with just Duskwatch Recruiter Flip as your outlet? activate until you hit a draw creature?
6. Can you win at instant speed? In my experience, playing with a couple CEDH decks in my meta, it has been extremely helpful and won me several games. I use Yeva, Nature's Herald. I cut her from the deck more than once, thinking she just doesn't do enough, but it has been a critical card in many situations and has proved its worth to me. Also having that particular card to include with the Duskwatch Recruiter Flip outlet seems solid. I will likely try this.
7. Have you considered Multani's Acolyte over Masked Admirers?
8. What do you search for with Woodland Bellower?
9. Does Harmonize pull enough weight? I ended up switching it out for Collective Unconscious because, in my experience, 3 cards did not give me a high enough chance to draw a win.
10. What has been your experience with Fierce Empath? I run the same 6+ drops as you do but have been unsure about this elf.
11. Does Sylvan Library draw you enough cards to be worth a slot? I have never played with this card before. I'm wondering about its usefulness in a deck like this that is trying to win the game within 3ish turns of being able to cast it. Further, if you cast it on turn 2, do you feel it significantly increases your chances of winning faster?
Again, great list! For other Marywn players, here is my deck for reference. Marwyn the Nurturer of Victory (Highpower Elf EDH)
3 months ago
Remand and pact are appropriate as fuel for ascendancy combo, but there aren't enough cantrips for that to be somewhat reliable- I'd consider cutting ascendancy entirely, and looking for some 'play an extra land' cards- Azusa, Lost but Seeking might break the bank, but Explore, Journey of Discovery, Rites of Flourishing, Wayward Swordtooth exist. Elvish Pioneer won't be great, but Sakura-Tribe Scout has made a strong showing in Primeval Titan decks, alongside Tolaria West. If you're ok with the cost, Tireless Tracker is the core 3 drop in most green lists right now for a reason. Vesuva is modern legal, if not played because of the lack of Cloudpost abuse.
Sideboard wise, Broken Bond looks nice for this deck in particular, then its the usual hate cards for your meta. If you're having trouble with a particular deck, look at their primer and see what cards they are trying to play around.
3 months ago
3 months ago
3 months ago
Oh, that is fine, if it your challenge to run every card that gives you more land drops <4 mana, even the bad one, you gotta runthe following though if that is your reasoning Walking Atlas, Broken Bond, Swell of Growth, Budoka Gardener, Elvish Pioneer, Krosan Wayfarer, Llanowar Scout, Loam Dweller, Manabond, Skyshroud Ranger, and Swell of Growth.
3 months ago
Nice deck. If you want to really ramp up mana fast you could consider some amazing cards: Skyshroud Ranger , Elvish Pioneer with those two you can synergise with Fertile Thicket , Cultivate , Kodama's Reach for straigt out mana generation with creatures you could add Song of Freyalise , Grow from the Ashes and definitely add Steel Leaf Champion he is just way to good to not have him in an elven deck.
Hope this helps!
4 months ago
Christopher I agree with you and I also do not know what cards to swap out. Maybe Song of Freyalise and instead of 2x Elvish Pioneer up to 3x Skyshroud Ranger so that would allow 4x Cultivate and 2x Rancor if I drop 1x Forest im back at 60 cards... Difficult decision