|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown||Common|
|Battle for Zendikar||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Common|
|2012 Core Set||Common|
|2011 Core Set||Common|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target creature with flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 hours ago
Man this is a really cool deck.
It seems well below your deck's level but Sunscorched Desert could be a hilarious way to ping out a few damage since you can sac and recur it lol. Um... aside from that... Geier Reach Sanitarium can draw you 2 cards if you pitch lands with Gitrog out, but the main seems real solid. Outside of the cards you've already covered in the deck description I don't see much that could be added til we know how the meta is going to turn out.
The only real suggestion I have is maybe replacing Plummet with Clip Wings in the side because the only flying threats I've faced recently are Heart of Kiran, Kefnet the Mindful, and on occasion; Archangel Avacyn Flip. Maybe go to 4 Appitites, and 2 Clip Wings if you ended up going that route? Idk. Honestly it all seems solid, just my 2 cents.
1 day ago
LOVE that Pummeler!
A couple quick thoughts:
- With Marvel out and Walking Ballista back, Natural State may be better in sideboard now than By Force and Manglehorn.
- With Glorybringer such a big part of the meta now (in mine anyways), you might need some flyerhate in the sideboard. I like Plummet, but there are a ton of good options.
Finally, you might want to drop by the All Things Pummeler thread sometime. I'd love to add your voice to the conversation there!
2 days ago
For cheap mana fixing (<$1):
Gift of Paradise
Pyramid of the Pantheon
Cuts I'd suggest:
Gideon's Lawkeeper for Journey to Nowhere
Manaplasm for Managorger Hydra or Forgotten Ancient
Ondu Giant for Wood Elves
Rhox War MonkSengir Vampire for Archfiend of Depravity or Desecration Demon
Serra Angel for Serra Avenger
Stormblood Berserker for Sulfuric Vortex
Circle of Flame for Mizzium Mortars
Glory of Warfare for Chromatic Lantern
Honor of the Pure for Spear of Heliod, if you really want an anthem effect.
Frost Breath for Mana Leak
Guardians' Pledge for Sakura-Tribe Elder (you really dont have enough white creatures for this effect)
Incinerate & Lightning Bolt for Terminate and Murder
Plummet for Oblivion Ring
Titanic Growth for Harmonize
War Report for Day of Judgment
Exploding Borders for Burnished Hart
Traveler's Amulet for Wayfarer's Bauble
I suggest choosing a theme for your deck. Right now it seems to be pulling in too many directions.
Want to cast and swing with Progenitus? Include cards that grant haste like Temur Ascendancy.
Want to play fun multicolored shenanigans? Include whatever value you like.
Want to use overcosted enchantment cycles? Include the Shrines.
Focusing will allow you to better determine what your deck wants. Regardless, I recommend playing heavy green to maximize your ability to mana ramp.
2 days ago
3 days ago
Looks great; big +1 from me!
I've been working on a Golgari brew; here's a couple thoughts based on my testing so far:
- Do you have room for Blighted Fen?
- The ability to recur Hissing Quagmire from the graveyard is just amazing. Can your manabase remotely support it as a 3- or 4-of?
- I've found weenie decks to be a really hard match-up, as they can chump block for days, and are just SO much faster. I ended up adding some Trample (from Rhonas the Indomitable, though I like Nature's Way too) and also going really big on Removal to make up for it. I like the idea of your Jaddi Offshoot in the sideboard though. How are they working for you?
- It seems like 25% (maybe even more) of my meta is Temur Energy decks (that were recently running Temur Marvel). I have no idea of course if pesky Thopter tokens and brutal Glorybringers will be a force in HOU Standard (and of course I have no idea about your meta). But you might consider some Flyerhate (e.g., Plummet or Ishkanah, Grafwidow) for your sideboard, as placeholders.
3 days ago
I was thinking about this some more though, and I realized I forgot to mention anything about flyerhate. Wolves are notoriously weak to flyers, and now that Temur Midrange (featuring both pesky Thopters and brutal Glorybringers) has become a HUGE part of many metas, it's a real weakness for the deck. There are lots of good ways to answer a Turn 4 Glorybringer, but I personally like Tears of Valakut and Plummet. Or maybe Vines of the Recluse/Aim High ... they're probably my favorite combat tricks ever, but require a creature on board with at least 3 toughness (so it can survive the 4 damage if he Exerts).
As always, draw well!
4 days ago
4 days ago
If I had to pick cards other than land I think should go they would be Archetype of Imagination, Frost Titan, Hornet Queen&Hydra Broodmaster unless you added some token doublers like Doubling Season, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur and maybe Lorthos, the Tidemaker but I can see him working ok. Rishkar, Peema Renegade can just become a cheaper mana dork however if you keep him I like Avenger of Zendikar. I would also take out Worldspine Wurm you dont need multiple things that stop milling and you have Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre already. Leyline of Anticipation is cute but Alchemist's Refuge is better so if you want that affect more often change leyline into Crop Rotation. Sandwurm Convergence should go for the same reason as Hornet Queen&Hydra Broodmaster. Clash of Wills should be Spell Pierce dissalow is cool but with all the 1 and 2 drop counter spells just use those... Swan Song is another I forgot. Id also rather have a Pongify or Rapid Hybridization over Plummet every time.
Drain Power seems awesome... Until you realize that your opponents can just tap all their land in response and you get nothing.