Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Wizard
When this enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost/mana value 2, reveal that card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
1 month ago
Thoughts on these? Trinket Mage, Tribute Mage, Sculpting Steel, Mirrormade, Clever Impersonator, Ugin, the Ineffable, Vedalken Archmage, Riddlesmith, Skyswimmer Koi, Codex Shredder, Ghoulcaller's Bell, Wand of Vertebrae, Pyxis of Pandemonium, Millikin
1 month ago
Some excellent recommendations! I had not heard of the 'Ramos' line of artifacts which are really useful. I have played the deck as is and am wondering if Intet is really a 4th turn kind of Commander. The moment she comes out she gets destroyed because people know it will be used to cheat out other cards. Not to mention she is a 6/6 flyers dealing commander damage. I think I will re-evaluate my strategy. Lean in on the ETB effects and focus on turtling up before sending Intet out when the board is good and ready. Tribute Mage to get Swiftfoot Boots and other tutor cards to prep the board.
The double strike game is one I also thought about, though I think it is more flavorful than useful. You would need to have 6 mana open just to use Intet's attack trigger twice, and it makes Intet even more of a threat, ergo more of a target for removal. Lightning Greaves was in here, but I thought that shroud and hexproof given by Swiftfoot Boots and Whispersilk Cloak would have to suffice.
Again, many thanks for the recommendations.
2 months ago
The synergy with Induced Amnesia is fantastic!
I like the idea of the deck - seems very unique and fun. A couple suggestions you could consider: it looks like you're dabbling in the wizard synergy but you could go a bit deeper for even more synergy with cards like Cyclone Summoner, Docent of Perfection Flip, Minn, Wily Illusionist,Patron Wizard, Trophy Mage,Tribute Mage, Trinket Mage, Jace's Archivist and Azami, Lady of Scrolls
I think the above additions would help you keep the theme of your deck while offering more synergies all around. If you take this approach, you could also look to include Stonybrook Banneret as a budget medallion.
The rest are just decent control/draw.
Additionally, in keeping with the bounce theme you may want to consider Into the Roil, Blink of an Eye, Disperse, and maybe even Capsize or Snap the former three will let you bounce your own targets for more ETBs/protection and in a pinch they can bounce those pesky enchantments blue has so much trouble dealing with.
For counterspells, the lower the mana cost, the better the counter. there are some great budget options if you find you've always got a handful of cards for free counters (Misdirection Disrupting Shoal) but one of the classics that isn't too pricey isArcane Denial but I'm quickly growing to loveAn Offer You Can't Refuse and Swan Song
For removal, the bounce theme is always great but for those pesky indestructible creatures I auto-include Resculpt in every blue deck I make.
Overall your deck looks like a ton of fun to play already, just adding in my thoughts.
3 months ago
4 months ago
Very well thought out primer. Was really surprised to see that it was your first! The background and fonts look nice, too. Could never figure out how to get that to work properly. The deck looks great. I'm always glad to see another Rebbec/Glacian deck pop up on here. I do have a lot of recommendations and insight from the games I've played with my own Rebbec/Glacian deck.
(Side note before I get distracted - Blind Obedience has mono white color identity. The black in the reminder text does NOT count towards it's color identity.)
Cards I'd definitely recommend -
Mycosynth Lattice - Turns ALL permanents into artifacts. Perfect for Glacian. I know you said that you're mainly a budget player and that this card is in the "upgrades and future" tab, but this one shoudl definitely be near the top of that list. It's INSANELY good in this deck. Such a high price tag, though. :\ Smothering Tithe is in the same boat.
Liquimetal Torque and Liquimetal Coating - Both provide instant speed protection with Rebbec. Someone tries to cast Doom Blade on her or Glacian (or anyone else)? Tap either of these and they can become an artifact and gain Rebbec's protection.
A few more removal spells would probably be a good idea as well, it's something that my own deck struggles with as well. Dispatch is great. Dispeller's Capsule is removal and also an artifact. Duplicant and Steel Hellkite are both removal that also fill the missing 6 CMC slot in your mana curve.
There are a few tutors in that aren't super overpriced that might be worth looking into. Idyllic Tutor can help find Mechanized Production or Mirrodin Besieged. Fabricate can let you search for any artifact. Any of the artifact mage cards like Trinket Mage, Tribute Mage and Trophy Mage are also worth mentioning. They're a bit limited but they should all be relatively cheap. Another great one I've gotten a lot of use out of is Arcum Dagsson. You can sacrifice an artifact at instant speed to search up another one. Sac a myr token for Darksteel Forge? Oh yes. It also serves as protection with Rebbec as you can sac an artifact to search up one with a specific CMC (er... MV. Never gonna get used to that) that you may happen to need protection from at the time. He serves a similar role to Master Transmuter who I see in the maybeboard.
A special shout out goes to Geode Golem. With the enough artifacts and the protection that Rebbec gives, it should be pretty easy to get him to connect so you can cast Glacian for FREE!
If you wanted to go the "turn all my artifacts sideways at people" route, cards like Sakashima's Will and Masterful Replication work wonders with creatures like Filigree Attendant or Darksteel Juggernaut and Shambling Suit. On the other hand, Rise and Shine from MH2 just animates and tosses counters on things. Much simpler and can achieve the same result of smashed face! I have an Urza, Lord High Artificer deck that focuses on this exact gameplan.
Vedalken Archmage and Endless Atlas are two great card draw engines. One with the Machine is also great but you need something big on the field to really capitalize on it. I see that you have Esper Sentinel in the maybeboard and I can't for the life of me figure out why I didn't add it into my own deck. I just buylisted it a week or two ago. :(
I think that's all I have for now. I've linked my deck below. Feel free to check it out and see if any other ideas pop out at you from there. I'm excited for Kamigawa Neon Dynasty as it seems to have a pretty good artifact theme going on but I have a feeling that The Brother's War set at the end of the year is gonna be HUGE for Rebbec/Glacian!
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 25 | 12 COMMENTS | 1900 VIEWS | IN 6 FOLDERS
4 months ago
(Yeah hey I'm Reece's friend and I had nothing else happening so I thought I'd take a peek at the deck. First of all, it's a pretty sweet deck, I love this commander and how you decided to build it. Everything I'm saying here are just suggestions to help you enjoy your deck more. Do with it what you will.)
- Due to the final activated ability on The World Tree, it actually has a color identity of all 5 colors, so it can't be run in this 3-color deck. If you want a great resource for finding better lands, I'd recommend looking on managathering.com
- Enlightened Tutor is pretty expensive money-wise, but of you're proxying or playing online it is a fantastic tutor that also sets the card to the top of your library to let Galea cast it with her ability
- This deck is pretty heavy on board wipes in my opinion, but if you like them, keep them. It might be worth running more ways to give your commander indestructible or totem armor such as Hammer of Nazahn or Eel Umbra so that she's not caught in the crossfire. These can also replace instants doing a similar thing for just 1 turn, such as Heroic Intervention
- Have a backup plan for if your opponents decide to kill Galea, Kindler of Hope every time she comes out before she can get protected. You may want to run more creatures to have other targets for your buffs. Many good options in the Maybeboard
- You have plenty of defensive interaction to protect yourself (maybe even too much), but not nearly as much offensive interaction to stop others. Cards like Beast Within or Generous Gift are incredible tools to deal with any problem. Or, consider more cards that have multiple modes such as Selesnya Charm or Primal Command so that you can choose when to help yourself or slow down opponents as needed
- Generally speaking you'll probably want more card draw. Spidersilk Net feels great when you cast it off the top of your library for free, but if your hand gets filled with cards like that you'll feel like you can't do anything. Sram, Senior Edificer is the perfect kind of card draw engine this deck wants to see, more things like him will help immensely.
- Since your deck isn't racing as fast as possible to get Galea out, ramp like Avacyn's Pilgrim and Llanowar Elves become a bit more of a liability. If you want more reliable ramp, consider switching them for more effects that put lands from your library into play. These effects have the added benefit of shuffling your deck afterwards, so once Galea is out you can use them to get a new card on top.
- Be very careful with "protection from color" effects in this deck. Giving a creature "protection from white" will cause any white auras attached to it to fall of and be sent to the graveyard, as they can no longer target the creature.
- Assault Suit is very funny. Use at your own risk...
- If you like Trophy Mage, you'll love Tribute Mage and Trinket Mage. Similarly:
- Nature's Lore and Three Visits or Farseek
- Renegade Map and Wayfarer's Bauble or Expedition Map
- Rune of Sustenance and Rune of Might or Rune of Flight
- Wild Growth and Overgrowth
- Gods Willing and Sejiri Shelter Flip
- Indomitable Archangel and Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- All That Glitters and Nettlecyst
Hope this helps! ~Yoshe
9 months ago
Seeing how huge an advantage Krark's Thumb is, I was thinking about cards that will help you have it more often. You may not want all these but just thinking out loud...
Tutor it out of your library:
- Fabricate, probably the best
- Tribute Mage, also the best
- Reshape, drawback: you have to sacrifice an artifact (probably a mana rock)
- Inventors' Fair could work if you have enough other artifacts in the deck
- Goblin Engineer can tutor it to your graveyard, then bring it back to the battlefield. It's a few hoops to jump through but also an option to bring it back from the graveyard if someone's destroyed it.
Get it back from the graveyard:
10 months ago
@NinjaBunny01 - I would say probably $5 or less honestly. I do have Necropotence so I will figure out how to slot that in. In addition to the cards I listed earlier, I am also found Mystical Tutor, Cruel Tutor, Lim-Dul's Vault, and Wishclaw Talisman. Those are going to slot in as soon as I work out what to remove for each of them. Haha, kind of leaning toward Murderous Cut, Treasure Cruise, Bring to Light, Tribute Mage, and Krosan Grip. What would you recommend?