Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. You lose 2 life.
|Want (3)||Theevilcarrot64 , darthbanana , MrTing12|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Rare|
|Portal Three Kingdoms (PTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Imperial Seal Discussion
4 weeks ago
I forgot to mention that both Cabal Coffers and Imperial Seal were cards that many players were hoping to see in Double masters, so they were very disappointed that those cards were not in that set, so such cards would be awesome in this set.
Rhystic Study was recently reprinted (finally!), so it very likely shall not be in this set, which is very unfortunate, since that reprint did not lower its price, by a significant amount.
Natural Order would be very nice for this set, as would Hunting Grounds and Aura Shards; also, while they are not in high demand, I would like to see both Prince of Thralls and Empyrial Archangel reprinted, as well, because they are both awesome creatures.
Inferno has not been reprinted in a long time, so I would like to see it, again, preferably with new artwork. Also, while both Mirari's Wake and Privileged Position have been reprinted, they are still expensive, so additional reprints of those cards would be very nice.
1 month ago
Force of Will, Vampiric Tutor, Imperial Seal, Phyresis, Triumph of the Hordes, Nature's Lore, Priest of Titania, Hydra's Growth, Tormod's Crypt, Toothy, Imaginary Friend, Mystical Dispute, Dispel, Liliana Vess, Paradise Druid, Assassin's Trophy, Rapid Hybridization, Pongify
Just some cards you might want to look into
1 month ago
Number 1: You are correct.
Number 2: While what you say is true, Entomb is essentially not that useful unless you have another card in hand. You're better off with Vampiric Tutor, Imperial Seal, and Grim Tutor, along with cheap one mana blue draw effects.
Number 3: Correct.
Number 4: Crop rotation is useful since it tutors for Dark Depths and puts it directly into play. But I don't think it's worth keeping green JUST for that.
Number 5: I saw VAMPIRIC Tutor in your sideboard. I meant you should mainboard it. Also, while Grim Tutor is the worst tutor of those we are considering, it's still good enough to run. It can be played on turn 1/2 with Lotus and Moxes, and while it is slower it is not TOO slow, I have one in my Dralnu deck and it works. It's also on the cheaper end with the reprint so it isn't hard to get a hold of anymore. It's also a good option since you can't use Mystical Tutor to get your combo pieces.
Number 6: The elf isn't bad, it's just that it isn't good enough for Vintage. The only creatures that tend to attack you in Vintage are enormous things your opponent has cheated into play, so the elf won't be chump blocking very much because Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and Blightsteel Colossus don't care. It's also not fast enough. Moxes all work the turn you play them and are free, and are much more helpful to playing your one mana blue draw effects quicker as well as your tutors. If you want more ramp, consider Chrome Mox and Mox Diamond. I know it SEEMS like the drawbacks hold them back but they tend to benefit much more than they hamper.
Overall, in my humble opinion as a competitive magic player, I think this deck should be just blue/black.
1 month ago
See this is why it’s good to ask for advice! Let me go through your suggestions one by one.
1) I’m not sure, so correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I could sacrifice Dark Depths to itself via Exploration to trigger Marit Lage. I’m leaning toward No because the card specifies “When Dark Depths has no ice counters on it, sacrifice it.” Even though it’s a card subject to the Legendary rule, I think they’d both enter the battlefield with ice counters. Again, I could be wrong (and if I am, please let me know!). But I think you’re right about not running Exploration anyway.
2) As for Entomb, I included that as a tutor to acquire either Dark Depths or Thespian's Stage. Then I can grab them from the graveyard using Grim Discovery. In a pinch it could also locate and grab any of the creatures with the same process. I’m leaning toward keeping them in, at least until further playtesting.
3) Makes sense about removing Spoils of the Vault too; I already have the superior Demonic Consultation so I suppose I can cut it in favor of Ancestral Recall (I keep forgetting that card exists. What irony XD)
4) Is Crop Rotation really all that useful? I guess I just can’t see the value. Since it costs a green even if I use it to sacrifice the land i just tapped to cast it, have I really gained an advantage? My mind can’t quite put together it’s usefulness. Help me understand better how it works or why it’s so good.
6) I think the mana producing creature Urborg Elf is really good, I don’t know why I should remove it here. It can chump block and help pay for the means to find and assemble my pieces for Marit Lage. Is it really bad to have the elf?
1 month ago
Overall this deck actually looks pretty solid. However here's what I would change. Exploration isn't really amazing unless you have a lot of draw to be drawing lots of extra land, however if your goal is to use it to play multiple Dark Depths in a turn to trigger the sacrifice it may be worth it, but that would depend on how often you really use it for that. I don't think we need Entomb at all, or Spoils of the Vault for that matter. Run more Crop Rotation and Vampiric Tutor instead, running four Rotation is probably not too much. Imperial Seal and Grim Tutor are other good tutors you should probably run. Also, since you're running blue, the one mana blue draw spells like Brainstorm, Ponder and Preordain would be very useful to help draw you into your tutor effects faster as well as get you to the cards you need. My best advice is to take out Exploration and your mana producing creatures, as well as Entomb and Spoils of the Vault for what I have mentioned. It should make your deck faster and more efficient. Lastly, run Ancestral Recall. If playing vintage, ALWAYS run it.
1 month ago
Personally, I would reccomend Tutors. You can go infinite with the two untap auras which you have, but why not add cards that search for those? By tutoring for those auras you can get infinite mana, and thus cast one huge X spell. It may be hard to find cuts, but remember, each tutor can find you infinite mana. I'd say that's worth it.
1 month ago
Beatismcscoots: The reason that Yisdris is stronger that Wanderer is for a few reasons: 1) Yidris costs half as much mana, 2) Yidris has access to black (including top of deck tutors in the form of Vampiric Tutor and Imperial Seal which are great for setting up cascade), 3) While wanderer gives you two additional spells, Yidris can generate a lot more than that in a turn since he gives all spells from your hand cascade. So you can potentially generate a lot more value that just two spells. Not to mention that Yidris can give you spells cascade multiple turns over since in most cEDH metas Yidris is one of the stronger beaters on the batlefield.
If you have a look at a few cEDH Yidris lists, most of them will also have a very cheap curve and so they can just chain spell after spell after spell.