|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
When Treasure Mage enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost 6 or greater, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.
Treasure Mage Discussion
7 hours ago
Hey Daedalus19876, nice deck! I don't like very much combo, but Emry is one of my favorite Commanders from Throne of Eldraine, and this deck deserves an upvote.
With all the cards in the maindeck and the maybeboard, its difficult to do suggestions, but my suggestions are:
Walking Ballista : Because it can be the win condition if you assemble one combo that gives you INFINITE MANA HAHAA!!!
That are all my suggestions. I think that is more difficult do suggestions in edh decks that other formats like modern or standard, because there are more cards that can be playable, and the deck already has a great number of different cards with the main and the maybe (I think that more than 150).
I hope that at least some of my suggestions helped you :D
1 month ago
Trinket Mage can find Sol Ring so it's like a 4 CMC ramp 2 spell. Also finds Library of Leng or Spellbook . Tribute Mage can find Lightning Greaves and friends, as well as ramp in a pinch. Trophy Mage can find Ashnod's Altar which may or may not be worth it but there it is. Treasure Mage doesn't help you much.
I wish you could find that Fabricate I gifted you way back! It seems to me that tutoring for Coat of Arms or Bident of Thassa (or even Teferi's Puzzle Box if you're up against the right deck) would be huge. 3 mana draw 1 awesome card is A-OK
1 month ago
Changing to all your Island s to Snow-Covered Island s is a good idea, if you want to keep the Extraplanar Lens . I don't think it's good enough, though. It costs you a land to imprint when it comes in, meaning it is fundamentally a source of card advantage. And, especially if you're the only one benefiting from Extraplanar Lens due to snow shenanigans, it has a massive target on its face and will usually be removed fast. That has been my experience with the card -- if yours is different, disregard this part of my comment.
With regard to the cutting of mass removal, I think it is an idea in the right direction. However, I think removal in general isn't a bad idea. I think you should be buying time in the early game until your general comes down, trying to avoid getting killed. Spot removal like Winds of Rebuke , Chain of Vapor , Cyclonic Rift , Rapid Hybridization and Reality Shift are all worth considering. Bounce has an interesting bonus in that it often wastes an opponent's turn to recast whatever you bounced. Most of these spells are less mana than Nevinyrral's Disk , All Is Dust , etc., which means they shouldn't compete with casting your general too often. Theoretically, you'd turn 1 - 2.5 ramp, turn 3 - 4 ramp/remove, turn 5+ cast general and try to win. Notice that this brings up one of the issues with mono-blue: removal, at least in a permanent sense like Swords to Plowshares , is relatively hard to come by.
With regard to cuts, I think it's worth thinking of the tutors as 'Wild Cards.' Tutors act as any combo piece they can fetch -- for instance, Muddle the Mixture can be thought of as a slower copy of either Isochron Scepter OR Dramatic Reversal . Seeing the tutors in this light helps show that you only really need to run one or two loops, as drawing the 'second part' of the combo becomes more and more likely with more and more tutors.
If you want to run the Dramatic Scepter combo, I suggest cutting a bunch of the Palinchron loops. Palinchron is a huge spell to cast, meaning it is difficult to cast. Running Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal and another infinite-mana combo (I suggest Grand Architect with Pili-Pala or Basalt Monolith with Rings of Brighthearth ) is likely enough, and all these combos are less mana intense than the Palinchron loops.
Cuts I suggest are as follows:
- Thwart : Both costs on this card are prohibitive. Leaving four mana up in order to hardcast it means using four less mana on your turn, which can leave a major dent in your available resources. Returning three Island s is the antithesis of ramp, and sets you way back.
- Rite of Replication : Unless I am missing something, this is in the deck for value. However, it is nine mana to cast in a way that is better than Stunt Double , and because tokens stop existing when they're bounced, the creature it makes is less durable than other Clone effects. Rite of Replication is a good card, but I don't think it is good enough to make it in a cEDH deck.
- Heartstone : This is a card I'm not sure either way about. Once you make infinite mana, its cost-reducing effect is irrelevant; before, it may be worse than just a Ponder or Preordain . Depending on how often you want to use a non-combo win, it may be worth cutting. Playtesting will iron this out.
- Swiftfoot Boots : I don't think you need both this AND Lightning Greaves . I think Lightning Greaves is straight better, if only because it costs no mana to equip.
- Darksteel Forge : By the time you've gotten to nine-mana, you should be threatening to win the game any turn. If this is meant to make your blockers better-off in combat, Propaganda is a straight better choice.
- Treasure Mage : If you take my advise and go with combo pieces with lower costs, this card won't fetch enough to justify its inclusion.
- Alloy Myr : In this list, Alloy Myr is just a worse Silver Myr .
- Ring of Three Wishes : The tutors I suggested are much cheaper than this card. Five mana to cast and five to activate is too much, most of the time; you'd be better off with Whir of Invention , which has the added bonus of being instant-speed.
3 months ago
Sol Ring Mox Opal Thran Dynamo Basalt Monolith Grim Monolith Mox Amber Gilded Lotus Mana Crypt Mana Vault Worn Powerstone Hedron Archive Dreamstone Hedron Fellwar Stone Fractured Powerstone Mind Stone Thought Vessel Sky Diamond
Solemn Simulacrum Ornithopter Memnite Clever Impersonator Phyrexian Metamorph Etherium Sculptor Master Transmuter Metalworker Kuldotha Forgemaster Myr Retriever Scrap Trawler Junk Diver Myr Sire Trinket Mage Treasure Mage Trophy Mage Palladium Myr Hangarback Walker Sai, Master Thopterist Phyrexian Walker Shimmer Myr Foundry Inspector Dross Scorpion Workshop Assistant Cathodion
Jester's Cap Memory Jar Scroll Rack Voltaic Key Clock of Omens Thousand-Year Elixir Myr Turbine Rings of Brighthearth Tezzeret the Seeker Mycosynth Lattice Unwinding Clock Sculpting Steel Mirage Mirror Grafdigger's Cage Caged Sun Extraplanar Lens Gauntlet of Power
3 months ago
Smothering Tithe is a very good card in multiplayer Commander, with Akiri and with the artifact strategies since treasures are artifact tokens. Treasure Mage can tutor for one of many different artifacts here. Eladamri's Call can tutor for one of many different creatures. Trinket Mage can tutor for one of Ring, Key or an artifact land. Fauna Shaman is a repeatable creature tutor/artifact creature discard and with Daretti, Scrap Savant can expand on the graveyard strategies with artifacts. By adding these tutors you can decrease the amount of high CMC artifact creatures instead play the better ones since these cards can tutor for them.
Do you own the cards in the maybeboard? If you like some of these suggestions I offer help to make cuts.
4 months ago
5 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Chandra585 gave you good advice.
Tezzeret is a little over the $10 limit for cards upgrades, but I think you should make the exception because he really does everything you want with artifact strategies. His abilities are all repeatable that's what makes him so good in Commander. The budget lands that Chandra585 mentioned are also good upgrades. To expand on budget land suggestions consider:
The artifact lands untap by Unwinding Clock. Fair is a great land for artifact strategies.
Other good budget cards for artifact strategies to consider adding are:
- Azorius Signet
- Talisman of Progress
- Basalt Monolith : good with Unwinding Clock.
- Shimmer Myr : flash in artifacts, good with mana rocks and Unwinding Clock.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : protect artifacts from targeted removal and can be repeatable draw.
- Treasure Mage : tutor for Memnarch or another high CMC artifact.
- Thada Adel, Acquisitor : she fits with the theme of stealing your opponents cards and the artifact theme.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Azorius Guildgate
- Azorius Chancery
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Temple of Enlightenment
- Ice Cave
- Ixalan's Binding
- Martial Coup
- Darksteel Ingot
- Worn Powerstone
- Aether Gale
5 months ago
Love the deck! Couple questions for you:
- Why did you go with Foundry Inspector over Etherium Sculptor ? It's 1 less CMC and you get the same benefits.
- What are your thoughts about Treasure Mage to fetch Wurmcoil, Combustible, Scuttling, or Duplicant?
- Have you thought about Grand Architect ? It's a little wonky but you can get a lot of value from it. I am wondering if you think there's better alternatives or possibly you don't run it because it's not an artifact?
Treasure Mage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%