Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, you may have Vicious Shadows deal damage to target player equal to the number of cards in that player's hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Vicious Shadows Discussion
3 weeks ago
Some quick ideas to strengthen this deck while keeping Prossh at the helm.
- Add Korvold, Fae-Cursed King to the 99 as a backup big damage dealer and card draw engine when sacrificing creatures
- Add Hatred as an instant speed win with Prossh or any creature (if you have enough life)
- Add Vampiric Tutor for more ways to get key cards
- Replace Phyrexian Arena with Necropotence for better card draw
- Add Second Harvest as a way to double tokens that are already in play rather than needing an enchantment ahead of time
- Add Chatterfang, Squirrel General as a cheap way to double tokens
- Add The Meathook Massacre as a boardwipe and drain enchantment
- Add Pitiless Plunderer as a way to ramp when sacrificing creatures
- Add Dockside Extortionist as a awesome ramp card
- Add Moldervine Reclamation as a card draw engine
Some cards I would consider removing:
- Vicious Shadows seems very conditional as it requires people to have a few cards in hand by the time you can play a 7 mana spell. It also does nothing the turn it comes out without some previous setup
- Army of the Damned seems very expensive. It makes a ton of tokens but also leaves no mana for responses unless you have ramped a lot (which the deck doesnt seem to do at the moment).
2 months ago
Not that anybody cares but, the decks I've never built are
- all combinations of 4 color decks
- and never built
Maybe there's more to gain from seeing what you have not built.
I feel that isn't who I am. The closest I'd come to building that deck would be and the cmdr would be Kykar, Wind's Fury and it wouldn't be spell slinger. It would be enchantments. And if it was spells it would be token go wide with Vicious Shadows as it's finisher
All of this data refers to paper magic.
4 months ago
Urth_drgn219 Vicious Shadows is my control hate, it is a great tutor card if everyone has a scary board. I like Sarkhan Vol a lot and will get a copy eventually but I've used Xenagos, the Reveler in that role for a while and he works great. Im not the biggest fan of Vraska, Relic Seeker as she just ends up being awkward removal most games. I have Phyrexian Arena in other decks but I like Fecundity better in this deck. Eternal Witness is just a better Golgari Findbroker too. Thank you for the suggestions!
5 months ago
I love Valduk, he's one of the most consistent mono-red commanders for me performance-wise.
You should check out some of the quirky interactions you can do with Valduk I've got going on in my deck: The Duke's Fortress
7 months ago
7 months ago
10 months ago
I think Vicious Shadows is a must have for this deck