|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Rare|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Wizard
Skeletons you control and other Zombies you control get +1/+1 and have deathtouch.
Death Baron Discussion
2 days ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
5 days ago
I love zombies. Here’s some more budget friendly options for zombie tribal. Diregraf Captain , Diregraf Colossus , Undead Warchief , Lord of the Accursed , Cryptbreaker (great for card draw), Death Baron , and Shepherd of Rot .
2 weeks ago
The Cryptbreaker is a machine, against control decks, manages to gain alone, just placing zombie tokens. When he left I found a bad, weak Zombie. However, once you get the hang of using it, it becomes a machine. In the case of Death Baron , I think he is an excellent lord, but in legacy, he is only going to kill a creature, if the opponent decides to block, and that if his opponent has protection, it makes it much more difficult. Already the Fleshbag Marauder already takes out any creature of the game, although to use 4 copies of it, really becomes an exaggeration. Accreditation by Suggestions.
2 weeks ago
Where can i start suggesting...well Gravecrawler : can’t miss this. Diregraf Colossus : one of best zombies for swarming. Death Baron : best zombie lord imho. Open the Graves : a nice enchantment for swarming. Liliana, Death's Majesty
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
I love it! After play testing a few hands this seems really fun. There's a lot of set up and takes a while to really take off but once it does it works great and has good synergy. Only card I'm not crazy about is Whisper, Blood Liturgist because I feel that card is better for bringing in big threats from the graveyard, personally I'd try and add Death Baron to this list to make your skeletons/zombies really great blockers. I'd also cut down on your 5 cmc slot and add some more early game (probably removal) to round out your mana curve better. Good luck and if you compete with this I'd love to see how you did!
1 month ago
Hi! Zombie tribal is one of my favorite decks too. I think Dark Salvation is a must. The same about Endless Ranks of the Dead . I also like Grimoire of the Dead . Oath of Liliana is another fun card but you'd better find at least a couple of Planeswalkers. For example Jace, Unraveler of Secrets (card advantage and control) and Liliana, Death's Majesty or Liliana, Untouched By Death . Zombie lords: Death Baron , Cemetery Reaper , Lord of the Undead . Board wipe is strongly recommended (at least one of these): Wrath of God Day of Judgment , Cleansing Nova , Damnation , Cyclonic Rift . Useful creatures: Diregraf Colossus , Metallic Mimic . Mana stabilization: Unclaimed Territory , Mana Confluence , Path of Ancestry . Good luck in brewing!
1 month ago
Death Baron occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
All decks: 0.06%