The Immortal Sun
Players can't activate planeswalkers' loyalty abilities.
At the beginning of your draw step, draw an additional card.
Spells you cast cost less to cast.
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
The Immortal Sun Discussion
2 weeks ago
Some Angel Suggestions:
Herald of War (should help speed it up)
Linvala, Keeper of Silence hatebear
Baneslayer Angel (always has been one of my favs)
Some more card draw and ramp
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (you have a lot of triple white)
A good Ramp package that should have you set up well to cast however you want (I use it in my UG list and I can pretty easily Finale of Devastation into a Blightsteel colossus)
Some Control options
1 month ago
legendofa, some reprints that I very much would like to see in such a set are Imperial Seal , Book of Rass , Rhystic Study , Smothering Tithe , The Immortal Sun , and Dockside Extortionist , because all of those cards are very expensive (except for the book, which I wish to see reprinted simply so that it shall be in the new border style with new artwork.
3 months ago
3 months ago
4 months ago
Hi Moby, thanks for the feedback. Lots of cool suggestions as always. :)
You're not wrong about evasion vs. anthems but I want some anthems so Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger is a two hit kill. I agree Obelisk of Urd is not a great fit as it doesn't add much beyond being an anthem and should be replaced by Akroma's Memorial which was previously too expensive but has been reprinted recently and I'll pick one on my next order. Phyrexian Splicer is also interesting looks to be a deceptively powerful one that I'll consider.
Whereas most of the other anthems do more Forsaken Monument is a mana doubler, Vanquisher's Banner and The Immortal Sun are card draw, and Adaptive Automaton is an early body which Eldrazi kind of lack.
I feel the monument cycle don't add enough outside of monocolour and granting trample is a little too conditional in this deck with less than 30 creatures.
You mentioned it in your comments but one of the most powerful things about Eldrazi are the big cast triggers hence why Lithoform Engine and Strionic Resonator are in instead of card like Helm of the Host and Minion Reflector .
P.S. I posted this deck in the discord because Ben ultimated Jace, Architect of Thought while playing on spelltable and wanted to search my deck.
4 months ago
RicketyEng on None
4 months ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
6 months ago
KevinB Hey man! Thanks for coming and giving some insights! So, first of all, I must say I have thought about almost every card you've recommended (althought I didn't consider Conqueror's Galleon Flip and Trading Post ).
Here comes the long post:
For the dwarves, I have all those "useless" 1 CMC dudes just to make sure I can start generating treasures as fast as possible (Still hoping the D&D set will bring a few more red dwarves for that) and right now, I dont think I can take away any of those for the 2 CMC you've mentioned. On other hand, the flex spot I have available would be the 7x spots for the Seven Dwarves , and I cant take out just 1 or 2... Either I play with 7 of'em or with none, right? So basically these dudes dont make the cut simply because they have the wrong CMC or a worst abillity from what I have right now, but if we get 4-5 decent dwarves on 1 and 2 CMC on the near future, I can see myself switching the seven dwarves for those guys.
As for Brass Herald , I think Obelisk of Urd does a better job being a possible combat trick (if I pull it with Magda's abillity after attacking the +2/+2 could make a difference), as well as being a little harder to remove, not being a creature. Considering all the other anthem effects I have available, they all seem to give me a better deal than a 6 mana 2/2 that maybe draws cards. But who knows, there're a few golems in this deck, and Coat of Arms could make it interesting should I start using more golems in the future.
The thing with Nevinyrral's Disk and Perilous Vault is that both of'em ALSO removes my own artifacts with the removal. Normally, what I'm sensing is that if I have my board cleared or even if I find myself needing to clear the board, if I still have my artifacts on board (things like The Immortal Sun or Caged Sun ), there's still a chance to come back to the game. But sure, a board wipe that can be instantly tutored could prove to be useful. Maybe I'll test switching a disk for Star of Extinction , although maybe the vault could be better.
Lastly, Conqueror's Galleon Flip and Trading Post are quite interesting suggestions. I can see myself switching the galleon for Solemn Simulacrum (not exactly good news for Brass Herald 's case, lol) since it also ramps and draws, as well as being a tap-enabler for my dwarves (the high crew cost sucks a little bit, though). But I'm Not sure what to take away for the post... It's value, for sure, but I'm not sure if it's more eficient than what I have right now in this deck (mana cost and resource-wise). What do you think on this matter?