Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Choose two - Incendiary Command deals 4 damage to target player; or Incendiary Command deals 2 damage to each creature; or destroy target nonbasic land; or each player discards all the cards in his or her hand, then draws that many cards.
7 months ago
1 year ago
Cards I'd consider adding (in addition to your list above): Spiteful Visions, Liliana's Caress, Dark Deal, Peer into the Abyss, Incendiary Command, Winds of Change, Kederekt Parasite, Kess, Dissident Mage, Whirlpool Warrior, Runehorn Hellkite, Snapcaster Mage, Baleful Mastery, Vision Skeins, Deflecting Swat, AEtherize, Rakdos Charm, Cerebral Vortex, Prosperity, Echo of Eons, Wheel of Misfortune, Demonic Tutor, Commit / Memory, Day's Undoing, Solve the Equation, Collective Defiance, Fascination, Game Plan, Scheming Symmetry, Mizzix's Mastery, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Folio of Fancies, Memory Jar, Crawlspace, Primal Amulet Flip, Forced Fruition, Underworld Breach, No Mercy, Sphinx's Tutelage
2 years ago
You might also want to consider Vicious Shadows.
2 years ago
Cards to play: Psychosis Crawler which will reward you for drawing by dealing damage. Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted is the better ob nixilis for this deck. Whispering Madness, Dark Deal, Reforge the Soul, Magus of the Wheel, Incendiary Command, Wheel of Fate, Time Reversal, Echo of Eons are all wheel effects that make your opponents suddenly draw a ton of cards that will then let you deal damage to everyone. Prosperity Will have everyone drawing equally. Izzet Signet, Dimir Signet, Rakdos Signet, Arcane Signet are decent mana rocks you're missing. Arcane Denial counters a spell and lets them draw and replaces itself. Stormfist Crusader howling mine effect but punishes at the same time.
Cards to take out. Pillage Very inefficient. Quest for Ancient Secrets Very slow. Sadistic Sacrament not really what this deck is truly wanting to do. Shrieking Affliction 99/100 games your opponents will have more than 1 card in hand. Darksteel Plate just too expensive to be good for this deck. Ob Nixilis Reignited not as good as the other ob nixilis. Cerebral Vortex not usually going to deal massive damage and only damages 1 opponent. Painful Quandary I like this card and probably wouldn't get rid of it, but your opponents will usually have the card to discard. Crawlspace not really going with your overall game plan, it does slow your opponents down,but not by enough. Nin, the Pain Artist it's a lot of mana to sink into an effect like this. Curse of Fool's Wisdom only targets 1 player, it's really too limited. Torbran, Thane of Red Fell a lot of your debate sources are black, this is decent with your commander but not much else. Reverberate I didn't see a huge number of decent targets forthis spell and it doesn't do a whole lot of good. Darksteel Ingot I don't personally like seeing 3 cost mana ramp, I'd suggest replacing it with a signet.
I would like to say that I really like your deck, it's an interesting take on an interesting commander. This is meant to be constructive and all with the best intentions.
2 years ago
Your list is pretty good so far. Here are a few cards you may or may not like to include:
Burning Inquiry, Dramatic Reversal (infinite mana with Isochron and a few rocks), Dark Deal, Fascination, Grafdigger's Cage, Incendiary Command, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Kederekt Parasite, Lim-Dul's Vault, Niv-Mizzet, Parun (combos with Curiosity and similar effects), Notion Thief, Psychosis Crawler, Relic of Progenitus, Thassa's Oracle, and Winds of Change.
For your rocks I'd recommend adding probably 4-5 more, but I'd say you've done good in sticking to the 2 cmc ones. More signets, more talismans, maybe a Fellwar Stone or Mind Stone are all definitely good options.
I want to ask what a lot of the transmute cards are in your deck for? What are you trying to fetch at 1 cmc with Dizzy Spell or 5 cmc with Brainspoil? Muddle is generally pretty good for fetching combo pieces like Isochron Scepter, but at lot of the others are kind of head scratchers to me. I'd also advise you to evaluate why you chose the cards you did, how impactful they would be in the format, and how they synergize with the rest of your deck. For example, in a multiplayer format with 3 opponents and usually plenty of creatures, how often is Diabolic Edict going to be something you're happy about drawing? Similarly, I know you have a bounce subtheme going on, but is Cowardice really something you want to be running in a deck that focuses on keeping creatures like your commander or Fate Unraveler out on the field? Wouldn't you rather counter those threats than have a mere targeting throw a wrench in your plans? Also on the topic of bounce, would you rather be running a bounce sumbtheme or be using your blue for counters and your black for straight up removal? Maybe you wouldn't, maybe you would, I just think it's worth asking the questions you know?
Nekusar and wheels are always fun to see in action. I hope you enjoy EDH and I hope I was able to help! :^)
2 years ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
2 years ago
My recommendations for a deck like this would be Alhammarret's Archive and Teferi's Ageless Insight. Relatively cheap cards to double your draw power (barring the first card drawn during your draw step) which gives you more mileage out of your mill effects.
Another suggestion I'm going to make is Collective Defiance in place of Incendiary Command. It's a bit more flexible in its cost so you don't always need 5 mana to swap your hand (if that's all you need).
2 years ago
Spellshock - Antagonism - Sulfuric Vortex - Power Surge - Bulwark - Pyroblast - Red Elemental Blast - Flame Rift - Insult / Injury - Pulse of the Forge - Battle Strain - Collapsing Borders - Acidic Soil - Heat of Battle - Incendiary Command - AEther Flash - Devastate - Gratuitous Violence - Incite Rebellion - Citadel of Pain - Dictate of the Twin Gods - Manabarbs - Impatience - Burning Earth - Cave-In - Kyren Negotiations - Flame Fusillade - Pyrostatic Pillar - Ancient Runes - Rivalry