Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted
Legendary Planeswalker — Nixilis
Whenever an opponent draws a card, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted deals 1 damage to that player.
-2: Destroy target creature. Its controller draws two cards.
4 months ago
Very cool deck design. There are a lot of nice interactions here!
I think you're going to want to get rid of your mountains and put in dual lands instead; you're probably going to be running mostly black cards by the final iteration of the deck, and since Underworld Dreams requires so much specifically-black mana to cast, it's going to be difficult if too much of your mana is red. It's still helpful to splash but I wouldn't use up land spaces.
My main suggestions for your deck are:
- Dark Deal can make your opponent draw a bunch of cards at once, dealing a ton of damage.
- The Raven Man can benefit from your opponents discarding cards, which they probably will due to the existence of maximum hand sizes.
- Fate Unraveler has the same effect as Underworld Dreams while also being able to attack and block, which is great to have.
- Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted has the effect as well and has some good removal. It's a bit weak in that your opponent can just attack it, but it's still helpful to have and can buy you some time if you're in a sticky situation.
Sheoldred, the Apocalypse is super helpful in this deck and works super well with your strategy. It's also way over your budget, which is the main problem with it. It doesn't seem worth it to me.
Good first draft, I'm excited to see where you take this!
4 months ago
Okay. So, I think you should really lean into the control/combo shell. This deck could use combos like Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood, with some added redundancy in the forms of Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose and Marauding Blight-Priest, or Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion to close out the game. In order to accomplish this, I think you should cut a ton of the creatures and really lean into board wipes, control spells, and resource denial.
You could also do cute stuff like Phyrexian Unlife + Solemnity, giving yourself time to wipe the board again or go for the win with Peer into the Abyss. You should also consider taking a look at your mana base.
I'd suggest going for some fetches, checks, and shocks like:
I know I've given you a lot of suggestions. I think if you tried putting a list together with all the cards I named, plus some of the bangers from your current list and you'd have a badass deck! Don't worry about trying to do all that right now, though. See which look most appealing/are in your price range and add those first. A lot of these should be long term goals!
Don't tell Rett I gave you so many suggestions XD
5 months ago
Have you thought of including Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted in your deck as another way to make people angry?
1 year ago
Font of Mythos is another draw spell for the table. Coveted Jewel, Fascination, Teferi's Puzzle Box, and Frenzied Saddlebrute are also valid options. I like making people draw themselves to death, that is my favorite. haha. so I use group draw effects plus things like Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted and Fevered Visions to punish my opponents. You also have things like Nekusar, the Mindrazer and Psychosis Crawler that do the same thing...i am looking for both for my build. Also threw a Triskaidekaphile in as an alternate win con for fun. It is worth noting that i am in Grixis colors only, not all 5 though
1 year ago
Nice list. A couple of thoughts.... I saw you mentioned you have issues with lands/ramp. By removing the more expensive, less synergistic cards with lands/ramp, it should help make the deck more consistent...
Hedonist's Trove - Stealing cards is fun but not needed
Rakshasa Debaser - See above
Thieving Amalgam - See above
Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted - Cool with peer from the abyss but too costly. Having opponents draw cards is worse too. Using it on your own creatures for draw seems meh
Witch Engine - Slow ramp that benefits opponents? No thanks
1 year ago
You might want to look at Ankh of Mishra , Nightshade Harvester , Polluted Bonds , Underworld Dreams , Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted , Fate Unraveler , Seizan, Perverter of Truth , Price of Knowledge and Painful Quandary .
RicketyEng on None
1 year ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
1 year ago
I don't know about this deck honestly. Your trying to be kind to opponents but playing stax? Seems kind of counter productive to me. Stax is like the opposite of being friendly to the other people, so I am just not sure how well this strategy will work. Cards to take out: Mind Stone , Fate Unraveler , Garrulous Sycophant , Kaervek, the Spiteful , Austere Command , Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted , Gang Up . I know that isn't 20 cards, but that is a start. Try to take out cards that do not do what your deck is trying to do. Hope that helps.