Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted
Legendary Planeswalker — Nixilis
Whenever an opponent draws a card, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted deals 1 damage to that player.
-2: Destroy target creature. Its controller draws two cards.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted Discussion
4 hours ago
Nice list. A couple of thoughts.... I saw you mentioned you have issues with lands/ramp. By removing the more expensive, less synergistic cards with lands/ramp, it should help make the deck more consistent...
Hedonist's Trove - Stealing cards is fun but not needed
Rakshasa Debaser - See above
Thieving Amalgam - See above
Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted - Cool with peer from the abyss but too costly. Having opponents draw cards is worse too. Using it on your own creatures for draw seems meh
Witch Engine - Slow ramp that benefits opponents? No thanks
2 months ago
You might want to look at Ankh of Mishra , Nightshade Harvester , Polluted Bonds , Underworld Dreams , Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted , Fate Unraveler , Seizan, Perverter of Truth , Price of Knowledge and Painful Quandary .
RicketyEng on None
4 months ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
5 months ago
I don't know about this deck honestly. Your trying to be kind to opponents but playing stax? Seems kind of counter productive to me. Stax is like the opposite of being friendly to the other people, so I am just not sure how well this strategy will work. Cards to take out: Mind Stone , Fate Unraveler , Garrulous Sycophant , Kaervek, the Spiteful , Austere Command , Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted , Gang Up . I know that isn't 20 cards, but that is a start. Try to take out cards that do not do what your deck is trying to do. Hope that helps.
7 months ago
How do you feel about Destiny Spinner ? I feel like it would help protect some of your big plays. I think Sphinx of the Second Sun might be cool in here too if you think you could fit it. Another draw and untap is useful, plus you'd trigger your sagas twice a turn. The only downside I can see are cumulative upkeep cards like Elephant Grass and Mystic Remora .
Getting into more expensive stuff, I feel like Squandered Resources would allow for some absolute bomb plays in here. City of Solitude and the much more affordable Dosan the Falling Leaf would protect you quite well, considering you only run two instants I don't think they would hold you back much at all.
As far as cuts go, I would look at Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted , Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage , and Arlinn, Voice of the Pack look/feel weak to me. I don't think they offer much to the deck and while Arlinn does make tokens it feels kind of meh compared to other walkers like Vraska.
Medomai's Prophecy seems pretty weak to me as well, maybe you have different experiences than I do but it feels really weak compared to other sagas. Having to name your next play could be risky too depending on what you have for options in your hand.
+1 from me, really cool take on Muldrotha!
7 months ago
I have a similar deck except it is abzan. Abzan Planeswalkers. I think I would change the Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted for Liliana, Dreadhorde General , and instead of adding more Assassin's Trophy , add Maelstrom Pulse . Let me know if that works.
7 months ago
Deck is Historic Bo1
Saw SaffronOlive do a Jund Superfriends standard deck with Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider . It looked super fun.
I went with a less combo finish and more of traditional Rock/Golgari value grind. So even if I don't have a Dream Devourer to power everything out, the deck still frequently win by just grinding it out. That said, fortelling Vorinclex into a turn 5 ultimate from Nissa, Who Shakes the World normally leads to a scoop
It's gotten my from bronze 3 to gold 1 so far with a 50ish percent win rate and am just looking to tighten it up. I know it's going to get tougher from here.
How can bring this deck to Compleation.
I think that Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted is not a great choice for a planeswalker. He is only in the deck because I did not have another planeswalker available. I have a mythic wildcard and was trying to figure out what my best option for the slot is.
I know the land base needs work, I'm dealing with a rare wildcard deficit.
Any other input welcome. Thank you in advance.
10 months ago
sub780lime While the main deck is Teysa, from time to time I make some changes to lower the power level changing the commander to Krav, the Unredeemed and Regna, the Redeemer or I add from sideboard Harvester of Souls and Vampiric Rites. Thats why I keep Thought Vessel and Reliquary Tower on the main deck.
I don't like Nightmare Shepherd in this deck, since I lose the possibility to reanimate the creature if I exile it with him. Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted ability can only be used twice at most, and in my playgroup they will kill it after using him once most of the times. About Hunted Witness, I have him and other similar cards of CMC 1, but for the moment I prefer to use the 2 CMC that I have on my deck due to the keywords they include.
High Market, Hell's Caretaker and Talisman of Hierarchy are on the list of cards to try to get when the situation of the pandemic gets better and is possible to go again to LGS, since on the village I live there's none and I need to go to the city next to my hometown.