Artifact — Equipment
Darksteel Plate is indestructible.
Equipped creature is indestructible.
|Want (6)||theyounghansolo , Mistaflowas , Secretagentmjl , GrandeKhan , Preturbed , Lunar_Wing|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Darksteel Plate Discussion
1 month ago
Protection: It feels bad when I get my lathliss out, and the poor queen of dragons gets subjected to a Murder or a Path to Exile, or caught up in a Blasphemous Act. It feels even worse when I attempt to play her and just get a Counterspell, effectively throwing away a turn. I would love some more protection in my deck, not just for my Lathliss, Dragon Queen but perhaps other important Dragons I will have in my deck like Terror of the Peaks, Scourge of Valkas, Hellkite Tyrant, etc etc you get the idea.
Currently, I only have 4 protection cards. Lightning Greaves, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, and lastly Reverberate (for potentially duplicating pyro/red ele blast if they try and use yet another counter spell). I feel like I do not have enough protection. However, should I even worry about protection and just focus on ramping and rushing down my opponent? If the game starts to drag out or I am facing a lot of control, I believe it would come in handy.
I would like to add in Darksteel Plate for destroy/damage protection. But then, in order to protect that (and all of my mana ramp+discount arts) I would like Darksteel Forge. While it wouldn't save them from exile, I face a lot more destruction than exile in my playgroup. If I do run into exile, I wouldn't mind a Sword of War and Peace due to a lot of exile being white colored. Id also like to run Swiftfoot Boots but seeing as I already have Lightning Greaves is it too much? Lastly, in terms of protection, I would like to run Conqueror's Flail, and Price of Glory as those would prevent/discourage control players from using counter spells, instant destructions and what not during my turn when Im trying to do some big plays.
Ultimately, my biggest issue is there are lots of cards that I like, but not enough deck space. I am not sure which ones I should focus on, what cards I should take out to fit them in, or if I shouldn't worry about getting more protection in my deck and just focus on running down the opponents.
1 month ago
Here's another fun fact: After you use Chaos Orb, it isn't sacrificed - instead, it destroys itself. If you pair it with something like Darksteel Forge, Darksteel Plate or even the humble Blacksmith's Skill, you can keep activating the Orb over and over again.
1 month ago
Breath of Fury and Aggravated Assault could be good fits for finishers, especially given how Savage Ventmaw goes infinite with the latter. I would recommend some ways to give your commander indestructible. It seems like you want to do damage to him a lot, but you can only do that 3 time each turn before he dies without a buff. Darksteel Plate, Hammer of Nazahn, and Shield of Kaldra come to mind as equipment that fill that role, but you could also go the totem armor route. Cards like Bear Umbra or Snake Umbra both buff and protect your commander.
1 month ago
Wuzibo this may be a meta thing, but indestructible doesn't really show up where I play, ever. Like, ever ever: what even grants indestructible, Darksteel Plate? What indestructible stuff are you running into?
Anyhow, what I think we may disagree on fundamentally is that colorless removal is bad and not worth running in the average monocolor deck. 5 mana to remove a permanent is not just a bad rate, it's very bad. And if we agree on that, then the idea of a commander that will hard-shutdown your deck if you don't run very bad cards to board against it is a dreadful prospect.
2 months ago
x12721 - lolololololol, I totally spaced out and just posted equipments I like, mb XP
in terms of white-red, I really like Blazing Sunsteel, Fiendlash and (though it's a little pricier) Embercleave. maybe one of those three will be a good fit! Hammer of Nazahn and Darksteel Plate are also fantastic cards and I can't recommend them enough in an equipment deck
3 months ago
I'd recommend adding some equipment that will give your voltron more sustainability. Things like Basilisk Collar, Champion's Helm, Darksteel Plate, Commander's Plate, Whispersilk Cloak, and Chariot of Victory.
3 months ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
3 months ago
What an absolute horror of a deck!
There's lots of ways to protect your commander from them too with Equipment or Black cards like Darksteel Plate, Azra Smokeshaper, Daring Fiendbonder, Gift of Doom, Oblivion's Hunger, Professor's Warning, Renegade's Getaway, Rush of Vitality, Unlikely Aid, and Without Weakness.