Artifact — Equipment
Darksteel Plate is indestructible.
Equipped creature is indestructible.
|Have (4)||gildan_bladeborn , , metalmagic ,|
|Want (7)||Klaim , Hxcntrc , amitgd , FanDanStic , TheMagicFanatic , m0z , bodyguardamerica|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Darksteel Plate Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice version of Elsha. I saw your forum topic asking for help with cuts.
Six cards to cut to make 100 cards:
- Remember the Fallen: lackluster recursion.
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon: doesn't reduce all artifact casting costs only equipment which makes her not as good as other cost reducers since she doesn't work with the Top combo.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin: creature who's not good enough to disrupt Elsha.
- Ghostly Prison: I don't think you need both Prison and Propaganda, one could be cut.
- Blackblade Reforged: only good if you have a lot of lands, but you don't want a lot of lands with Elsha.
- Basilisk Collar: not a fan unless you're playing ways to take advantage of deathtouch and you can get lifelink from better equipment.
When you want more cuts look to reducing some redundancy:
- Puresteel Paladin is much better than Brass Squire.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation is much better than Leonin Abunas.
- Sword of Vengeance is better with Elsha than Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Batterskull for vigilance since also gives trample. Valeron is a supbar equipment for the same costs as Vengeance and Batterskull not giving evasion is a big drawback.
- Hammer of Nazahn is better than Darksteel Plate.
All the Swords in the cycle can be good for different budgets, but when you have the three better expensive price ones then you don't need to play the others. Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Truth and Justice are not as good as the others and could be cut.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Enlightened Tutor, Whir of Invention, Reshape, Fabricate: tutor for an equipment or Top.
- Foundry Inspector, Cloud Key: other artifact mana cost reducers for the combo with Top.
- Izzet Signet, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet: add the Signets in place of lands.
- Jeskai Ascendancy: is like giving Elsha pseudo vigilance with instant speed surprise untap/pump her to block and draw.
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
I recommend Blind Obedience to nearly any deck that can play it. The slith creatures from Mirrodin seem great creatures to mutate onto, but they are color intensive. The sword of cycle and Teferi's Protectionare expensive, but very powerful. Darksteel Plate and Champion's Helm are good at protecting your creature. Finally, Crackling Doom is an excellent spell, searchable with sunforger of course.
3 weeks ago
I like your deck however there are some changes that I would suggest making.
- Lightning Greaves: This card sounds like it would be very good however cards like this come with a very big downside. The downside is that it doesn't just stop your opponents from targeting your stuff it also stops you from targeting your stuff. This means that you will not be able to equip any more equipment to your creatures after you put the greaves on them. I would recommend replacing them with Swiftfoot Boots
- Whispersilk Cloak: I think that this should be taken out of the deck for the same reason that Lightning Greaves should be taken out and that is that it gives shroud. If you want the cloak for the unblockable then replace it with Trailblazer's Boots or Prowler's Helm and if you want it for the protection replace it with Champion's Helm.
- Argentum Armor: This card is good if you can get it on a creature but I think it just cost way too much, it takes twelve mana to play and equip in one turn and if you just play the equipment and leave it on the board it becomes an immediate target and you probably won't get to attack with it.
And that is pretty much it, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
1 month ago
I see you are going all in on the odds-only aspect. I can respect that. However, you may want to consider adding more ramp as I also see your curve is quite high. You definitely don't have to play 2-drop Mana rocks but I would adding something. Wayfarer's Bauble, Chromatic Lantern, and even Darksteel Ingot are all ones that would still fit your restriction.
How is your commander doing in terms of survivability? If you feel you need extra help in keeping them alive, you could add more voltron-esque cards like Darksteel Plate, Gift of Immortality, or Champion's Helm.
1 month ago
oscarofastora: Some replacements that I would recommend are have Champion's Helm replace General's Kabuto and have Darksteel Plate replace Lightning Greaves both of these new pieces of equipment protect your commanders without preventing you from attaching more equipment to them.
if you have the Whispersilk Cloak in the deck for the unblockable then you could replace it with Prowler's Helm and if you have it in the deck for the protection you could replace it with a cheap equipment tutor like Steelshaper's Gift so you can fetch a better piece of protection like the aforementioned Champion's Helm or Darksteel Plate.
1 month ago
This looks like a solid build. I know you had it listed as casual before so if you dont care about formats you can use Swords to Plowshares over path to exile as most of the time it's a better card and is a few bucks cheaper. I'm not sure if Darksteel Plate will ever be all that useful. The deck should aim to combo out before thatd have an affect on the game. Maybe Green Sun's Zenith or Chord of Calling in that slot. Someone also mentioned Eldritch Evolution which might also be a good fit for the spot.
1 month ago
EleshNornsFs the fact that it's reusable is the biggest selling point for me. It still will be the most I've ever spent on 1 card. You could buy an entire precon For the same price.
plakjekaas I love my Hammer of Nazahn it's an amazing equipment that functions as a Darksteel Plate mixed with a Sigarda's Aid. Tbh I mostly tutor for boots, Lightning Greaves Swiftfoot Boots or Trailblazer's Boots not because they're more powerful but because they're more powerful but because of haste or pseudo unblockable. Not saying the hammer isn't absolutely op, I almost always tutor it with Stoneforge Mystic because she can drop it in for half the cost a turn later. Basically I wouldn't really be after the protection aspect so much as the untap all my lands and make the player I hit discard aspect
1 month ago
Thank you for the suggestions DeinoStinkus. I may sideboard the ramp cards as the deck is meant to prolong their misery, but the hexproof would be nice. Although, if I get Palace Guard out with Indestructibility or Darksteel Plate, that will prevent shock as well.
I will play around with some changes later today and test the viability of play with ramp against speed play.