Chandra, Fire Artisan
Legendary Planeswalker — Chandra
Whenever one or more loyalty counters are removed from Chandra, Fire Artisan, she deals that much damage to target opponent or planeswalker.
+1: Exile the top card of your library. You may play it this turn.
-7: Exile the top seven cards of your library. You may play them this turn.
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Chandra, Fire Artisan Discussion
1 day ago
3 weeks ago
Hi Abraxas3719 thank you, I'm glad you like it! Tana & Bruse are a deceptively powerful pair, and for a Naya deck it is surprisingly versatile. It's so cool that you're building a deck for your daughter! Assemble the Legion would fit right in a deck like this one, and there are plenty of Chandras that would fit nicely: Chandra, Acolyte of Flame, Chandra, Torch of Defiance, Chandra, Fire Artisan, Chandra, Pyromaster.
I actually wrote an article on how to style deck pages, you can check it out here
2 months ago
- Abbot of Keral Keep + Soul-Scar Mage add Ghitu Lavarunner and Wizard's Lightning I might be a bit biased but I have had a lot of success with the wizard package. I would take out Chandra, Fire Artisan as well, but that is mostly because I don't think RDW really has the space nor need for planeswalkers.
2 months ago
- Definitely mainboard all 4x Fires if you're going to play it. It's cheap in paper and just lets planeswalker decks go off. I honestly don't think you need all that many low-cost PW's.
- Narset, Parter of Veils could easily be a 3-4 of as she finds your other cards and keeps the opponent from drawing theirs.
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame isn't great, but she's a fun one, so 1-2 is probably fine. Her problem is that she needs something in your yard (and mana for it) to truly be effective. But being able to do some beats early is fine too.
- The Royal Scions seem to do next to nothing now, as they have no creature targets. Looting is fine, but definitely not exciting. They are probably expendable.
- Chandra, Fire Artisan seems fine as a card drawing machine, but Drawn from Dreams is also really good with Fires of Invention .
- Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God is another card that's amazing, as long as you can cast him, which Fires helps with.
- Putting a Sarkhan the Masterless in the sideboard gives you essentially 3 more hits in Fae of Wishes .
- When you play Fires of Invention + Fae of Wishes you no longer have to worry about the mana symbols of cards in your sideboard. You can add great bombs like Casualties of War and Planar Cleansing to it. They clear up most boards. You could even include cards like Garruk, Cursed Huntsman .
2 months ago
Does Mind Stone serve a purpose in this deck? Arcum's Astrolabe is an iffy inclusion, but it ups your snow count for... really, you're putting in an entire snow theme just so you can play... Skred ?? Lightning Bolt can deal with pretty well anything that isn't in a tron deck, and Bolt can also, importantly, target an opponent!
Moving past that, Chandra, Fire Artisan would be a really neat inclusion into your little suite of planeswalkers, as might Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip or Saheeli, Sublime Artificer for more midrange/controlly matchups (people don't usually even sideboard planeswalker removal, and gumming up the board it not something that blue/white or jund wants to see!)
3 months ago
Cut Chandra, Fire Artisan for Ugin or any enchantment removal. Mono red struggles with that and if someone has a troubling enchantment, then you're in trouble. I see Chaos Warp in the maybeboard, curious why it isn't included?
While I usually like to employ loads of non-basics in my mono color decks, I feel that in Torbran it wouldn't be the best given that burning earth hurts you as well. I don't see the benefit of a lot of your non-basics lands to justify it. Play it out, let me know how it goes, I could be wrong.
Wheel of Fortune - Card draw
Humble Defector - More card draw + politics (you remember our recent humble swaps)
Volcanic Offering - Such a good card, lots of value, 4 effects in 1 card = destroy 2 nonbasic lands and 2 creatures for 5 mana instant speed. Great value IMO.
Inventors' Fair - Tutor with minimal yet noticeable lifegain. Has saved me in Norin a couple times, a staple for any deck with 20+ artifacts.
4 months ago
4 months ago
Solar Blaze is another board wipe, but it's more situational.
I would also replace Ugin, the Ineffable for Chandra, Fire Artisan or maybe Chandra, Acolyte of Flame . Chandra, Fire Artisan is cheaper and still gets you card advantage and damage. Chandra, Acolyte of Flame gives you damage, can put a counter on The Royal Scions or lets you reuse a spell (ex: Dance of the Manse or Deafening Clarion ). For the same mana cost you could get one of the other Mythic Chandras, but neither of them give you the card advantage.
For the sideboard it really just depends on which decks you think this one will have the most trouble with, and then you sideboard in to deal with those colors. For example, if your deck does fine against aggressive red decks, then there's no need to sideboard in against red but you should sideboard in against, for example, if your deck does bad against control or black decks.
Devout Decree is the one card I want to really point out the value, it's 2 cost to exile a creature or a planeswalker and it gets you a scry, so it's basically a better Prison Realm for Black and Red. Aether Gust has the nice effect of being able to counter, with the downside of them being able to choose to put it on top of their library (at least I believe this is how the card works).
Reckless Air Strike is a card to consider if you want artifact removal, but I don't personally think your deck needs it.