Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Whenever an opponent draws a card, Underworld Dreams deals 1 damage to that player.
1 day ago
Nice deck. I think I would replace Tenacious Underdog with Dark Confidant though, as it's cheaper to use with higher reliability. Also, I truly love Underworld Dreams but it seems to me it doesn't fit the theme of the deck all that much. I'd probably replace that with something like Braids, Arisen Nightmare.
2 months ago
Very cool deck design. There are a lot of nice interactions here!
I think you're going to want to get rid of your mountains and put in dual lands instead; you're probably going to be running mostly black cards by the final iteration of the deck, and since Underworld Dreams requires so much specifically-black mana to cast, it's going to be difficult if too much of your mana is red. It's still helpful to splash but I wouldn't use up land spaces.
My main suggestions for your deck are:
- Dark Deal can make your opponent draw a bunch of cards at once, dealing a ton of damage.
- The Raven Man can benefit from your opponents discarding cards, which they probably will due to the existence of maximum hand sizes.
- Fate Unraveler has the same effect as Underworld Dreams while also being able to attack and block, which is great to have.
- Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted has the effect as well and has some good removal. It's a bit weak in that your opponent can just attack it, but it's still helpful to have and can buy you some time if you're in a sticky situation.
Sheoldred, the Apocalypse is super helpful in this deck and works super well with your strategy. It's also way over your budget, which is the main problem with it. It doesn't seem worth it to me.
Good first draft, I'm excited to see where you take this!
2 months ago
Okay. So, I think you should really lean into the control/combo shell. This deck could use combos like Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood, with some added redundancy in the forms of Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose and Marauding Blight-Priest, or Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion to close out the game. In order to accomplish this, I think you should cut a ton of the creatures and really lean into board wipes, control spells, and resource denial.
You could also do cute stuff like Phyrexian Unlife + Solemnity, giving yourself time to wipe the board again or go for the win with Peer into the Abyss. You should also consider taking a look at your mana base.
I'd suggest going for some fetches, checks, and shocks like:
I know I've given you a lot of suggestions. I think if you tried putting a list together with all the cards I named, plus some of the bangers from your current list and you'd have a badass deck! Don't worry about trying to do all that right now, though. See which look most appealing/are in your price range and add those first. A lot of these should be long term goals!
Don't tell Rett I gave you so many suggestions XD
2 months ago
Idk. Underworld Dreams and the likes are not that strong here. But I feel for flavor reasons. Underworld Dreams should go in the deck. Besides, it's great Devotion for Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, that's NOT IN THE DECK! C'mon man
3 months ago
I would remove the zombies... they are so few to matter, and I would add protection for Sheoldred. Your deck can't function without him at all. Underworld Dreams and Fate Unraveler can help you dish out more damage or can be used as alternatives when your commander tax is big. You may wanna consider Lightning Greaves and Imp's Mischief as solid protection. Some more mana rocks might help you also. Just giving ideas
4 months ago
Hey there : )
Can you edit your deck and put CMDR next to the name of your commander? I think, from your description, that it's Vito, but I'm not certain.
As far as cuts go: Your game plan is life drain and combat damage, so the cuts will be the cards that contribute least to that.
1) Vampiric Rites. Compare this to Altar's Reap: both take 1 slot in the deck, but Vampiric Rites takes 1 extra mana to cast, and gives 1 life instead of 1 card (1 card is worth a lot more than 1 life, bad trade there). The only upside to Vampiric Rites is that it's repeatable, but if you really have so many creatures that you can repeat that effect, your opponents should be dead.
4) Geth's Verdict Unless you play against voltron. This is table dependent, but most of the time sacrifice doesn't really matter unless you have a lot of it.
5) Disfigure (see note on sorin's thirst)
6) Stromkirk Bloodthief - not bad, but we can do better
7) Crossway Troublemakers - Not really that awful on its own, but vampires already have a ton of DT/LL and don't need to gain it. The mana cost is also huge. For 6 mana, you better be like winning the game, and this doesn't do it.
8) Arrogant Outlaw - a rather weak effect TBH
9) Sangromancer not a bad card, just doesn't fit the best here. You need a lot more creature/hand hate to make sangro worth running.
Hope that helps!
7 months ago
your payoffs (Fate Unraveler and Underworld Dreams) both cost a decent amount of mana, making it awkward to begin the engine early. Furthermore, pretty much any opponent would be very happy to trade 1-or-2 life for a card - most of the time you'll just be allowing your opponents to enact their plans faster, and defeat you without issue.
To carry on from the above point, you're missing basically any form of interaction, which is especially dangerous when you're giving your opponents almost-free cards. Combo decks are basically guaranteed to pop-off against you. But also, the fuel you're offering to Aggro and Midrange decks will provide them enough gas to deal you more extra damage than you're causing them. And Control is likely to be able to just shut down your key pieces without issue.
I think any cards that let players draw, also need to immediately discard those cards again at the same time, so that you aren't just giving your opponent massive card advantage. Stuff like Burning Inquiry seems useful here. Along these lines, stuff like Waste Not can also help you profit off that forced discard.
Your mana curve is waaay too high. A lot of decks have only a few 4cmc cards (3-4), with nothing above this. I don't see how you ever realistically are able to cast those 6cmc spells without the help of Dark Ritual. But in general, your mana curve feels super clunky/slow
7 months ago
TheoryCrafter Yeah I see the point about Mogis. It opens the doors for more draw as well as more pain. Specifically draw pain like Underworld Dreams, Spiteful Visions, Fate Unraveler etc. which will work wonders with Wheel of Fortune, Reforge the Soul and Dark Deal which I would run anyways or just against any slap happy blue deck. Just sucks that Painful Quandary, Polluted Bonds and Bloodchief Ascension have risen. Even my good ole friend from my Nekusaur days Kederekt Parasite is up to $8ish now lol.
As far as Dina goes, I originally built her with an incremental life gain build but I started retooling it more towards the aristocrat support build after realizing that 4 mana for a 1 life every upkeep trigger is not worth the spot. I see the value of pests/creature death triggers especially in the event of a board wipe.