Whenever an opponent draws a card, Underworld Dreams deals 1 damage to that player.
|Want (2)||baynne , SidNoir|
Printings View all
|Theros Beyond Death (THB)||Uncommon|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Underworld Dreams occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Underworld Dreams Discussion
2 days ago
Underworld Dreams is a card I have been monkeying around with lately that you might find some value in, as is the uncommon Ob Nixilis Planeswalker from War of the Spark (whose full card name presently eludes me) that could help you generate value in a mono-black version of this deck. Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage might also be an option as well. Small stings like those from Underworld Dreams don't seem like a lot, but if it causes your opponent to do something other than what they want to do on their turn, then you get value even greater than the benefit of the card. If you throw down Underworld Dreams and force your opponent to draw 2 using Ob Nixilis they have taken 3 damage and drawn you a card at end step. If they are forced to play around your strategy then your plays become stronger. If they are forced to kill your Planeswalker lest they suffer more damage or a lose a valued creature of their own rather than play a creature or advance their own strategy then you have essentially owned their turn, or at least, a part of their turn, and that is what control is all about.
4 days ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
1 week ago
Looks like a cool deck! I'm wondering why you chose to include Life Goes On and Underworld Dreams. Lifegain isn't especially useful in commander unless you have some specific synergies that it will power, and punishing opponents for drawing cards seems like it would go best in a deck that's forcing them to draw, like Nekusar, the Mindrazer. Unless your meta has a lot of decks that focus on card draw a little too much, in which case go for it.
I also notice that your mana curve is pretty high. Do you struggle with having enough ramp? If so, I'd replace either or both of the cards I mentioned above with some cheap ramp spells, like Search for Tomorrow or Rampant Growth
1 week ago
BURN THEM ALL!
Price of Knowledge could be a nice and fun addition. It has odd cmc, so it would work with Obosh and interacts well with Peer into the Abyss and other "target player draws" cards. Its also a decent punishment for someone who loves drawing a lot of cards (intentionally or not) without any enchantment removal. Its also decent for stuff like Kederekt Parasite and Underworld Dreams. :D
Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots/Whispersilk Cloak to protect Hidetsugu and Obosh.
1 week ago
You could consider playing a single copy of Sanctum of Stone Fangs just to get more triggers on your Savage Gorger and Bloodthirsty Aerialist, sometimes it could even be the extra damage needed to trigger Knight of the Ebon Legion too.
I don't think Heraldic Banner helps you much compared to just running 2 more Thirsting Bloodlord instead since you're not really ramping into anything that cost 5+ anyway, and you already have a lot of 3 drops.
A card like Underworld Dreams would usually work better in a more controlling deck, unless you make use of the devotion to hit harder with Gray Merchant of Asphodel or something like that. I would remove those 2 and play 1 more Erebos's Intervention and Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord instead. Those cards are too useful to be singletons.
I always find it pretty courageous when I see people run so few lands, I would need a really good reason to go under 22 lands in general. Speaking of lands, you might as well add a few Castle Locthwain in there.
Hopefully these suggestions are useful. Cheers!
3 weeks ago
For more police fun, I suggest Sudden Spoiling (Massacre Wurm smiles even more).
For some nice recursion: Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads/Tortured Existence.
Maybe some specters to discard as "police helicopters"? :D Hypnotic Specter;Liliana's Specter;Urgoros, the Empty One;etc.
For some secret CIA fun police, you could go for Nightmare Incursion;Sadistic Sacrament;Bitter Ordeal;Praetor's Grasp perhaps even Surgical Extraction for those pesky Shadowborn Apostle/Relentless Rats/etc. decks :D
From the newer sets, you could use:
Revenge of Ravens - more protection.
Witch's Vengeance - depends on your opponent's deck.
Bone Miser - great card if you manage to discard your own cards. It is pretty much Waste Not, but it works only on yourself.
Peer into the Abyss - works great with Underworld Dreams and Price of Knowledge.
3 weeks ago
Thank you for the cut advice. I agree with Kederekt Parasite being a good addition, I originally had that and Underworld Dreams in the deck but I have no way of making them draw cards. These would slowly do damage over time, but I like Electrickery in the deck as well. It is a very conditional card but I am with that! I am not going wide and I do not have a ton of board control/wipes. If someone is running an aggressive token deck Electrickery will pretty much save me in that situation from just being over run completely. I run Veil of Summer and Red Elemental Blast in decks and 75% of the time they are useless, but I enjoy having them just in case!
I will make some cuts and see where we end up. As for Heartless Hidetsugu it is a rounded down effect, which means even doubling the damage would only kill you if you have an even life total. If you have to round down on an odd life total it would leave you with 2 life left. I would only use him if I am sure I would not die, and with either Torbran, Thane of Red Fell or Embermaw Hellion out my opponents would die even with an odd life total due to the extra damage.