Whenever an opponent draws a card, Underworld Dreams deals 1 damage to that player.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Underworld Dreams occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Underworld Dreams Discussion
1 month ago
, denying other players a basic resource needed to play this game is extremely un-fun and unpopular, so that is why WotC rarely prints such cards, any more, and I believe that some recent attempts to improve white, most notably Boreas Charger and Keeper of the Accord, are ideal ways to improve white while maintaining that color's identity.
For that reason, I have no problem with Underworld Dreams, which punishes players for seeking to gain card advantage, but I have great problems with Hullbreacher and Opposition Agent, which completely prevent a player from gaining card advantage, and I really wish that WotC had not printed those cards.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Thanks for the feedback, MatsumotoR!
In playtesting the deck, there are enough ways that this deck gains life that paying for Bolas's Citadel is not a problem, and the card advantage (so far) has been more than worth the pain. I have considered adding Aetherflux Reservoir as another life buffer, but have not done so yet. To me, Court of Ambition is even more incendiary in the deck, and is a quick path to being the first player eliminated -- I have found it just a bridge too far, but others' experiences may vary.
I am running Ghostly Prison. I don't own a Koskun Falls, and at this point I am not sure I need more effects like that beyond the first, but it is certainly something I will keep in mind. Underworld Dreams is also an interesting idea, though for now I'm considering it similar to Court of Ambition in effect; Liesa draws enough heat herself, and I already have enough other cards that ramp that up (like Painful Quandary, Kambal, etc.) to fill those roles -- but I will keep them in mind as well. I should also note, my typical playgroup does not have any LabMan-style decks that Dreams would really punish, but in other metas, I could see it being essential.
2 months ago
dalamis yeah, that's the plan. Once I get my lightning bolt sleeves I'm going to put my gold towards packs again and try to grind for new wildcards so I can start putting together a better deck. The list above got me as far as platinum tier but I'm thinking I'm probably going to come up against more and more netdecks and OP combos like the Underworld Dreams into Peer into the Abyss I was greeted with in my very first game in the new tier. I always welcome a challenge but I am definitely underequipped at present. For my first season back though I can't complain and I'm having a good time with it. I think I may try to open some Core 21 packs since they usually have a lot of good general-purpose cards which could possibly let me branch out a bit more (I'm not usually a control player at all), was the previous block strong enough that it would suit my needs be
3 months ago
Hello there, fellowr Syr Konrad player!
You could check my own Syr Konrad, the Grim's deck: For the Void to see how I went with him, why did I chose the cards I chosen and maybe you'll see some cards you might like too. Some feedback and upvote would be very appreciated aswell! :)
First things first, type CMDR behind "1x Syr Konrad, the Grim" in your decklist to specify him as a commander.
Second, I would probably avoid discard cards like: Mind Rot,Cavern Whisperer when its not discard focused deck.
Same would go with Underworld Dreams.. yes, it can punish some decks for their big card draws, but doesnt really fit the idea of the deck that well. But you could always add Peer into the Abyss which pairs with Underworld Dreams really well.
Next cut would probably be some creatures that doesnt really do much and other cards:
1) Barrow Witches - your only Knight is Syr Konrad, which you will 99.9% times cast from command zone anyway.
2) Feral Abomination - for 5/5 deathtouch is kinda meh, something that generates tokens would be much better, with so many creatures, cards like Pawn of Ulamog and Sifter of Skulls are nice budget options (even when token creature dies, it goes to graveyard -> triggering Syr Konrad's ability, then insantly vanishes).
3) Squelching Leeches - this can grow fairly big if you play for a lot of turns, but without anything that ramps your Swamps out quick, its just slow dumb creature.
4) Vampire Opportunist - its ability is really expensive just to drain 2 life.
5) Im sure you could replace much more creature for something more usefeul, either a card draw, removal, sacrifice outlets or more token generators. 6) Merciless Resolve is worse version of Altar's Reap, which is now worse than Village Rites.
7) Pharika's Libation - Im personally fan of this removal, just because your opponent can choose what to sacrifice. Feed the Swarm is definitely a better option.
8) Kaya's Ghostform - Kaya's Ghostform is okay, cheap protection for only one . You could add more protection, like: Malakir Rebirth Flip, which works even better, because its an instant speed "protection" and can also be used as a land if needed.
9) Evolving Wilds - no need to run this at all. You would be better to switch it either for an additional Swamp or some other utility land. Also Myriad Landscape is cheap budget option to ramp a bit, but its quite slow.
Some cards you could throw in:
1) Cabal Stronghold - budget version of Cabal Coffers, which can tap itself for and adds a decent number of black mana later on.
2) Crypt of Agadeem - with so many black creatures in your deck, this could ramp you a lot. Costs few dollars, but is definitely worth it in mono-black decks like yours.
3) Some mana rocks and spells to help you with ramp, so you won't fall behind that much should help for sure. There is plenty of mana rocks you could use, starting with Sol Ring/Mana Geode/Arcane Signet, also something like Bontu's Monument, Charcoal Diamond. There is also Culling the Weak/Dark Ritual/Cabal Ritual to give you some fast mana, on top of Bubbling Muck and Songs of the Damned. If you browse some other decks and the internet, you can find plenty of mono-black creatures and/or artifacts that can ramp your super fast.
4) Again, with so many creatures in your deck, try to get Morality Shift - which could easily take out all your opponents at once with Syr Konrad on Board. More creature returning spells from yor graveyard could be: Gravepurge/Forever Young and Death Denied. Gravepurge and Forever Young works even better with something like Bolas's Citadel, enabling you to cast those cheap creatures right away and possibly even sacrifice them, triggering Syr Konrad's at least twice each time.
5) In my opinion, super strong card like Tortured Existence. It can easily trigger Syr Konrad's twice, getting big creatures into your graveyard to reanimate them later, get cheap creatures back into your hand to re-cast them again, save some creatures from graveyard hate and works well with Desecrated Tomb. All that at instant speed, as many times as much you got to pay! And its really $cheap.
3 months ago
The point of Archenemy is that you get the schemes to equal the balance a bit. Metagaming to end the game as fast as possible or dedicating your deck to have your opponents play as little magic as possible won't lead to a fun weekend.
Play a deck that's fun, that's capable of big mana plays, although do play a few more boardwipes than you would. Something like Karametra, God of Harvests or Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, to make sure you have plenty of resources all the time.
If I'd be invited to a game like this, I'd probably play my Rankle, Master of Pranks deck, with plenty of mana doublers like Magus of the Coffers and Crypt Ghast (extort works amazingly in this setup), recurring creatures like Bloodghast and Gutterbones to keep sacrificing to the rankle triggers, discard & draw punishment like Underworld Dreams and Liliana's Caress, big demons like Razaketh, the Foulbloodedand Vilis, Broker of Blood and big mana finishers like Torment of Hailfire. It holds its own pretty well in multiplayer, and Rankle scales pretty well with an increasing number of opponents.
3 months ago
Ibahn, Master Orator
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
Sorcery spells you cast cost less to cast.
Whenever you cast a sorcery spell, you may untap target creature.
"Master Ibahn spoke slowly, but at each word the lesser wizards stood to attention
Challenge something that gets more dangerous as you cast more copies Underworld Dreams
3 months ago
Long time no comment, here.