Each player discards his or her hand, then draws cards equal to the greatest number of cards a player discarded in this way.
Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of the encoded card without paying its mana cost.)
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
|Want (2)||JazzCrimes , jacksonbenete|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Whispering Madness occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
Whispering Madness Discussion
1 week ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
2 weeks ago
If you can find a way to safely tap/untap creatures, Disciple of Deceit can end up being a great tutor effect for you.
Guiltfeeder can be devastating to opponents and even provide the game winning blow if their graveyards are large enough.
Whispering Madness is a great, repeatable wheel effect that can be nasty with Syr Konrad in play.
2 weeks ago
With budget in mind, here are some cards that are in my Phenax mill deck that would suit your deck.
Speaking of wheel effects, I'd throw in Whispering Madness as it can be used multiple times thanks to its cipher ability.
I'd also switch out your Ashiok with the WAR version of her.
Sadistic Sacrament can be real helpful against someone who runs Eldrazi titans.
Lastly, if your budget allows for it, you might want to throw in a Leyline of the Void for good graveyard hate, which you can't have too much of.
There's plenty of other cards I can list but I don't want to deviate too much from what your commander really wants to do, which is punish opponents for drawing cards.
2 weeks ago
Life from the Loam... you still probably want this, but then you really want cards that let you play more than one land a turn... that's more like "lands matter mulldrotha."
...or save them for later as a reward!
4 weeks ago
2 months ago
Ok, let's start with ramp. I think running 33 lands is good, but you need plenty of early ramp, luckily, there are lots of why to ramp in .
- I always start with all the signets and talismans that I can run, like Golgari Signet and Talisman of Curiosity
- Added to that list might also be Arcane Signet and Fellwar Stone
- Next are the three one-drop enchantments that should go in every green deck, Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, and Carpet of Flowers.
- While new, Titans' Nest has been really good. It ramps, removes unwanted cards from the graveyard, and provides a bit of card advantage.
All told, that's 10-11 cards of pure value, most of which are less than a dollar. Next is card draw. Blue and Black have some fantastic card draw. While I prefer cantrip because they are better for finding combos, the door is wide open. I'll list some go-tos below from cheapest to more expensive.
- I run Frantic Search in most decks because it's good, but any deck that wants cards in the yard needs one. Careful Study and Cephalid Coliseum
- You are already running Dig Through Time; you might consider Treasure Cruise too
- Wheel effects too, very good if you want cards in the yard, think Windfall and Whispering Madness.
- If you want similar effects, Echo of Eons is good (a little pricier). Also, it helps restock your deck.
- Again, cantrips like Ponder, Preordain, and Brainstorm are great for digging for specific cards.
- The top tier (but most expensive) are Sylvan Library, Rhystic Study, and Necropotence. Hard to beat but pricy
Now, let's talk about interaction and removal.
- If you want catch-all interaction, Hero's Downfall, Counterspell, and Disallow are great places to start.
- Nature's Claim is also great. Four life isn't really a lot.
- Depending on the meta Arcane Denial and Delay are really good.
- I also have a soft spot for Mindbreak Trap.
- Free counterspell and removal are always good, perhaps some of the new ones like Fierce Guardianship and Deadly Rollick
- The door is pretty wide open here too.
I'm not going to talk about the mana base for now. This is where the bill will quickly add up. I'd be more than happen to talk about it, though. Solid mana bases for EDH are a passion of mine. Once you buy the pieces for a good mana base in a color combo, you don't really need to do it again (unless you play a lot of these colors).
I that's a lot, but I hope it helps!!
2 months ago
My recommendations :
I think most people will tell you that Oloro offers little competitive advantage to you compared to other esper commander like Zur (who can fetch Necropotence into play) or even Aminatou (who is a combo piece in the command zone). I think upsides for Oloro would be that he can do larger ad nauseam and possibly can even run Humility which few decks can win while it is on the board.
MANA COST TOO HIGH
I would first add better ramp, better draw, potential Stax, tutors and then other win cons.
Verity Circle (good against dorks)
Plunge into Darkness (a good Impulse)
CONSULT COMBO Demonic Consultation
AD NAUSEAM COMBO Angel's Grace
Ad Nauseam (draw whole deck, can Windfall and make everyone die while AG means you can't lose
Heliod Walking Ballista
Rocks that produce at least three mana total (outlet is extort with blind obedience or crypt ghast) If have pristine Talisman gain infinite life, which is infinite draw with commander
Didn't look at landbase
3 months ago
Glistening Oil is a pet favorite.