Creature — Specter
When Fell Specter enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.
Whenever an opponent discards a card, that player loses 2 life.
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fell Specter Discussion
1 month ago
Thank you for the suggestions. Having alternate win cons defintitely sounds good to have.
Peoni Thank you for the suggestions. I forgot to ask about Notion Thief I definitely see the synergy with the wheels however I was wondering if I should be concerned about it lower damage potential on the wheels.
Currently I'm thinking of Black Sun's Zenith over Damnation Mostly because its reusable.
I am now wondering if I should also remove Bottomless Pit, Necrogen Mists, Oppression and double down on more mill mechanics.
Curse of Fool's Wisdom
Quest for the Nihil Stone
Liliana, Waker of the Dead
Drift of Phantasms
2 months ago
You need Removal.
Then you have your full sideboard to edit. Here are some nice Black Sideboard cards and maybe a way to split those cards: 3x Ashiok, Dream Render 2x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet 1x Bontu's Last Reckoning 2-3x Collective Brutality 1x Infernal Reckoning 2x Murderous Rider 2x Noxious Grasp 1x ElderSpell 1x Pithing Needle
2 months ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
2 months ago
A player losing the game due to having 0 life is one of the game's state-based actions (SBAs). These are checked whenever a player would receive priority. Additionally, triggers go on the stack whenever a player would receive priority, and in order for items on the stack to resolve, all players must pass priority without adding anything to the stack (this applies to each item).
What happens in your scenario is that you cast Fateful Showdown. Assuming no responses (which would go on the stack above it), Fateful Showdown then resolves in its entirety. This means that the Showdown deals the damage, which you stated to be lethal, and then you discard your hand and draw new cards. Technically Fell Specter triggers at this point, but the triggers do not go on the stack just yet since Showdown is still resolving.
Once Showdown is done resolving, the active player would receive priority again, so SBAs are checked before triggers are placed on the stack. SBAs see that your opponent is now at 0 or less life, and your opponent immediately loses the game. Since your opponent is gone, so are their triggers, which never get to go on the stack (which matters in a multiplayer game where you still have another opponent).
2 months ago
Example: Opponent with Fell Specter and I play Fateful Showdown targeting my opponent for lethal damage; would he die before I discard my cards or after? Making the Fell Specter trigger and potentially kill me aswell !?
5 months ago
I have tried to minimize my creature count in the deck, hence the large number of enchantments. Honestly if Fell Specter hit every opponent then he'd make the cut.
I might have to give Bone Miser a try.
5 months ago
The problem with Fell Specter is its a creature, so it can die to a lot of stuff ... but if you really need life loss on discard effects, it can be useful.