|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Speed vs Cunning||Common|
|2012 Core Set||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Common|
Combos Browse all
Shock deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||pskinn01 , maR2307 , , NorthernCrow , saj0219 , AtomicEmpire , Spinalripper , NostalgicAce , sonnet666 , brokendwarf|
22 hours ago
@pickelchu Sure. But if they block and you Fling, your creature's now dead. Conversely, if you Built to Smash and then ALSO Fling on turn 4 after swinging a Siege Modification Consulate Dreadnought, that's lethal damage by itself unless their blocker has huge toughness, and BTS+Fling is less mana than Cast Out by itself.
Built to Smash or other Trample-givers also synergizes with the Insult half of Insult / Injury because if you double the trampler's assigned damage, all that extra tramples through. Fling does not synergize Insult because that double damage would still be blocked, and Fling deals damage (not the creature) so doubling its damage doesn't help Fling.
1 day ago
Im digging the deck, just put it together myself. Can you update the post with some lines you might look for or the general positions you want against control or aggro? Im sideboarding 4 Shock's just in case I need cheap small removal, they also go well with Insult / Injury for 1 mana 4 damage burn. What are you sideboarding? I also thought about putting 2 Manticore of the Gauntlet's in the sideboard just in case I need extra creature burn.
If youve been able to play some FNM's with this how did it go in your various matchups?
2 days ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
3 days ago
djnewellmit-- thanks for the comment and +1!
Interesting feedback. A quick note: no live play testing has been conducted. I plan to do so with the current list more or less as is and see what's up.
All creatures are at least initial sac targets, including eldrazi and manadorks.
Most cards here are trying assist toward the plan to have eldrazi available in hand and on the battlefield already by turn four and every (or most) turn thereafter.
Aid from the cowl exists to replenish sanctum from sac, flip sac material, or dig cards (oath /from beyond).
Glimmer costs four so isn't hittable by TK. Nor is it hit with oath, benefaction, or aid from the cowl. If I were to dip into card draw it'd be for Pull from Tomorrow.
Nissa is cool.
So is Lifecrafter's Bestiary.
But I don't know how they fit at this time without more testing.
Agree with your final comments regarding manadorks. I kept servants because they get two activations and that seems to be enough until they are eaten by eldrazi. I swapped channeler early on because I felt it was a lightning rod typically targeting itself with -1/-1s making it even the slightest more vulnerable. Druid of the Cowl gets the nod for getting out of Shock range. I do agree though that this mix of dorks needs work along with likely many other things about the deck.
As I say this is a draft until further testing. Thanks again for the comment!
4 days ago
Shadow12721: Even though those spells are "burn spells" they aren't the kind you would play in a counterburn deck. For thehat the ha type of strategy, you want burn spells that can hit the opponent's face such as Fiery Temper, Incendiary Flow and Shock.
As Foretold is a really good card. Except I wouldn't want it in this build of a deck. Can't really take advantage of it until turn 5 and dropping it on turn 3 while I'm on the draw means that my opponent's Aetherworks Marvel or Gideon, Ally of Zendikar resolves.
4 days ago
This is a cool build, very unique. Aside from card suggestions, if you go to "edit deck" you'll see a spot called "Hubs" and you can select up to 6 options. Some users follow hubs and you can also search by hub so it will get your deck more views overall, which translates to more feedback and upvotes. For this deck you could do "Grixis" and "Tribal" for example.
As for the build, I would just consider revising the removal suite a bit, Fatal Push is an amazing card. Grasp of Darkness is solid but can be tough to cast sometimes in a 3-color deck. Unlicensed Disintegration seems like it deserves a 4th spot, at least in the sideboard (which you should make!). Shock is good to finish off Walkers or throw to face if close to lethal, but I think it's counterpart Magma Spray is more pertinent with all the Scrapheap Scroungers and Dread Wanderers being played. Could throw a few in the sideboard.
Nice deck, +1!
6 days ago
Swapped from Tymna over to Vial smasher, found a Psychosis Crawler in my cards and along with Reforge the Soul, Whispering Madness, Windfall, and Jace's Archivist. Combining these cards with Waste Not and the ability to return all of my cards from the graveyard to hand with a Perpetual Timepiece or just decking myself seems better after drawing all of my cards then the possible card draw from Tymna. Also added in shock with the Isochron Scepter which along with Paradox Engine and mana rocks will let me Shock everyone to death.
Further upgrades to land, tutor's, ramp, counter spells, and card draw. This got my AVG CMC to under 2.5 but isn't quite accurate because very unlikely I will ever use 6 for Beseech the Queen or 8 for Treasure Cruise.