|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition IV||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Fire and Lightning||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra||Uncommon|
|Beatdown Box Set||Common|
|International Collector's Edition||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Fireball deals X damage divided evenly, rounded down, among any number of target creatures and/or players.
Fireball costs more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
5 days ago
As a finisher you could then go 1 of two ways: abusing kydele, or abusing vial smasher
Abusing kydele is dropping stuff like Teferi's Puzzle Box, Leovold, Emissary of Trest, to lock your opponents out while you combo with Umbral Mantle on kydele and dump her mana into an Exsanguinate or a Fireball or drawing your deck with Staff of Domination and dropping Laboratory Maniac.
Abusing vial smasher is doing something like dropping a Rashmi, Eternities Crafter with a Mind's Dilation so you cast a spell every turn and trigger vial smasher. You can take this further by also dropping time walk spells for big damage and also you can drop a Painful Quandary and a Wound Reflection on the board and just let your opponents "try" to play magic
1 week ago
As some of you may be aware, we've experimented with a database that would automatically track and link card combos, such as Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron. In the past, we opened the system up to allow any user to tag a combination of cards using "card + card" syntax, but we quickly realized that people were tagging non-combos with regularity.
We've since tweaked the system. Now, you can propose a combo by going to a card page and clicking the green Suggest button under the "Combos" section. Proposed combos will be reviewed by mods before being approved for addition to the database. (EDIT: It appears that this feature is limited to upgraded users only for the time being. Other users can list notable missing combos in this thread if they'd like someone else to submit them in their stead.)
The "Add combo proposal" form has the following fields:
- Category: One of infinite, lock, or synergy.
- Infinite should be used if the combo creates an infinite (or repeatable, self-sustaining) loop. For example, Palinchron + Deadeye Navigator is an infinite loop that produces infinite mana by allowing you to soulbond the two cards, bounce Palinchron using its new soulbond ability, untap seven lands with Palinchron's triggered ability, and tap those lands again for mana (using some of the mana to activate the bounce ability again).
- Lock should be used if the combo creates a series of effects that prevent other players from doing anything. For example, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir + Knowledge Pool is a combo lock that prevents other players from casting/resolving spells. When an opponent casts a spell, it's exiled by Knowledge Pool's second ability. The player is then instructed to cast another spell "from" the pool, but can't because Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir's ability prevents them from casting a spell at any time other than when they could cast a sorcery. Because Knowledge Pool's ability is still on the stack while it's resolving, no player can cast a sorcery, and players are therefore able to cast spells into Knowledge Pool, but not out of it.
- Synergy should be used if the cards simply create additional advantage by working together, but don't form an infinite loop or lock. For example, Venser's Journal + Necropotence is a synergy. It doesn't lock anything up or allow you to "go infinite," but you're able to take as many cards as you like with Necropotence and provides life to fuel that ability.
Want to help?
So here's the call. We're looking for people to volunteer to add combos as they use the site. You don't need to try to list every combo yourself, but, if you see a combo that's missing, feel free to add as you see opportunities.
- Focus on infinite combos and locks for now.
Having too many synergies and non-combos was part of the problem with the original combo database. For now, just focus on the more traditional combos. We'll experiment with synergies once we get the true combos moving.
Also, don't add joke combos like Storm Crow + Island. These proposals have to be reviewed and approved for a reason; we want the combo database to be valuable to everyone. Adding non-combos or joke combos just makes more work for the mods and doesn't end up helping anyone.
- Keep it to 3 cards max.
Although some combos exist that use more than 3 cards, they get very complicated and generally serve impractical/niche purposes. Stick to the 2- or 3-card combos for now.
- Add accurate combos.
Make sure that the combo is legal and that the cards you list do something together. If you're unsure about whether a combo works (as in, whether the rules allow it to work as you think), feel free to ask a question about it in the Rules Q&A..
- Focus on the core combo.
For things like infinite mana combos (using again the example Palinchron + Deadeye Navigator), we want the core combo, which is just Palinchron + Deadeye Navigator. We don't want a slew of things like P+DN+Fireball or P+DN+Exsanguinate because the win conditions in those cases are very numerous and interchangeable. Unless the win condition is actually part of the core combo, don't include it.
- Feel free to discuss different perspectives and changes to the system.
Again, we add/modify features based on what's useful to the community. If you see opportunities to improve on things, tell us below.
2 weeks ago
I subbed a large amount of cards out, bringing the token diversity down to 4 types. I also changed Fireball for Brion Stoutarm just now. The excess types of token generation were swapped for cards to augment my current tokens.
2 weeks ago
It looks like you made some changes. I like the addition of Purphoros, God of the Forge, as a better Impact Tremors with your combo. I like Fireball, but better I think when you had Xenagos in there. What else did you sub?
2 weeks ago
If a card wanted two different values you can choose it would use instead of , like a particular printing of Fireball. However as this is confusing, no current cards use that. If there are two or even three they all use the same value.
2 weeks ago
This is such a stupid deck, and I love it. I don't think I've seen a creative EDH on this site sense before the days of Atraxa. One of the biggest issues I see in your deck is that your creatures are very easy to dispose of. I would recommend something like Eldrazi Monument to stop the abundance of bored wipes from completely demolishing your tokens. Also, Fireball
2 weeks ago
I like the idea here. Think about throwing in a Fireball or something
3 weeks ago
I never suggested cutting Gilt-Leaf Archdruid, instead i named it as one of your best win conditions that should definitely stay. I've played with the card a lot and it's really powerful. It draws a handful of cards and can then take someone out by stealing their lands.
Concerning Squall Line: I understood the concept, it's your version of a Fireball to convert infinite mana into victory. The question is: Do you need to play a card that has very limited utility outside this specific scenario? I think there are superior options. Just imagine slotting Temur Sabertooth in there instead: If you have infinite mana and draw your deck thanks to Staff of Domination, Sabertooth allows you reuse Eternal Witness as often as you wish, so that you can Beast Within all your opponents' permanents, then tap down the tokens with Staff of Domination. Craterhoof Behemoth will finish the job.