|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Cleric Mercenary
(Black), Tap, Sacrifice Doomed Necromancer: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||YossarianLives , AAHFI , Swamy , Spinalripper , rebelteddybear , sonnet666 , Slowgod , Vasbear1 , mziter501|
Doomed Necromancer Discussion
4 days ago
Very novel approach to Zur - I dig it a lot.
Lots of quality feedback above, so I will be brief here. I agree with lower curve + more removal (or exile effects) + more tutors. Maybe War Tax for that triple-fort feel.
- Have you tested with builds that emphasize themes like wizard tribal or mill? This is a pretty unique list, so I'd encourage playing around with your themes and sub-themes to test for optimal creature builds along different lines that work with Intruder Alarm.
- A little bit of recursion, in addition to counter-magic, might help bring back combo pieces you lose to counters and removal. Phyrexian Reclamation is a cool piece that Zur can fetch. Doomed Necromancer might be fun. Liliana, Death's Majesty and Liliana, the Last Hope can both bring back creatures or give you a zombie per turn.
- You might tighten up your land-base. This is something I learned to do better here. It seems like you can make more B and U than you need, but may not always have enough access to W. Perhaps consider cutting some UB lands for UW ones and cutting some clunky multi-color tap-lands for more Plains. The color pie on the side should have its inner and outer rings closely (though maybe not perfectly) aligned. You could begin by going to 2 Island, 2 Swamp, and 4 Plains, as well, to see what happens. You might also replace deserts and other cycling taplands with Plains and then find room for Pull from Tomorrow and Sphinx's Revelation in the deck.
I hope some of that made sense and might help.
5 days ago
Cabal Coffers might be a good land to include. Have you ever tested with it?
Do you feel like you have enough sac outlets? Ashnod's Altar, Bone Splinters, Doomed Necromancer, Fleshbag Marauder, Phyrexian Altar, Reprocess, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, and Viscera Seer might be of use there.
Have fun brewing!
1 week ago
I wonder about more counters-matter and recursion cards like:
- Animate Dead.
- Doomed Necromancer.
- Dread Return.
- Incremental Growth.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty.
- Liliana, the Last Hope.
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest.
- Phyrexian Reclamation.
- Sheoldred, Whispering One.
- Soul Exchange.
- Verdant Confluence.
- Vigor Mortis.
Have fun brewing!
1 week ago
You can combine sac outlets and sacrifice-based removal with other effects that make your opponents sacrifice creatures, as well, gaining counters for your creatures that survive.
Some popular sac outlets/triggers in these colors include:
- Ashnod's Altar
- Bone Splinters
- Disciple of Bolas
- Doomed Necromancer
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Greater Good
- Grim Backwoods
- High Market
- Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
- Merciless Executioner
- Phyrexian Altar
- Primal Growth
- Viscera Seer
Then you can also play creatures and effects that cause opponents to sac or give you bonus counters with Marizek.
- Butcher of Malakir
- Catacomb Sifter
- Corpsejack Menace
- Dictate of Erebos
- Grave Pact
- Hardened Scales
- Savra, Queen of the Golgari
Then you can bring those creatures back into play or into your hand to sac again and again with recursive cards.
Meren of Clan Nel Toth is a popular commander for these kinds of decks, as well.
My other ideas are either in Mazirek Counters or its maybeboard. Let me know if I can be of more help :)
1 month ago
2 months ago
Made changes mostly to fit in the Protean Hulk combo line. Also got rid of lands that came into play tapped (thank you for pointing those out imarockyou).
2 months ago
Always love to see Meren builds. I like Doomed Necromancer, and I think its one I'll add to my list, so thanks for that!
3 months ago
first of all:
modern is a fast format. 5 and 4 mana spells or abilities that are 3 colored, like you have, are not likely to even hit the battlefield because you'll die before it even happens (in most cases). if those 5 & 4 drops are not important to you, i suggest removing them from the deck, and putting creatures like Bile Urchin, Bloodbriar, Bloodflow Connoisseur, Bontu the Glorified, Child of Thorns , Corpse Hauler, Doomed Necromancer, Frostling, Mortician Beetle
and sideboarding Boggart Forager
i'll keep searching for you tomorrow, hope this helps for now