Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
Planeswalker — Daretti
+1: Put a 1/1 colorless Construct artifact creature token with defender onto the battlefield.
-1: You may sacrifice an artifact. If you do, destroy target artifact or creature.
-6: Choose target artifact card in a graveyard or artifact on the battlefield. Put three tokens that are copies of it onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast Discussion
2 days ago
2 days ago
Seems to be an issue with my EDH deck in that two cards are showing as illegal for the format: Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast and Deathreap Ritual. As such I can't remove prototype from my deck settings, anyone else experiencing something like this?
2 days ago
Thanks for the help so far! I have already made some changes as noted below, I'll continue working on the list tomorrow (letting ideas cool will probably help).
I have not yet decided if I take out Vizkopa Guildmage because lifelink is important, and given enough mana it makes for a good wincon.
Beast Within will stay in the deck because it can deal with any kind of permanents, which is very important, and giving a 3/3 beast isn't really a downside in EDH.
2 days ago
Hmm, I'd cut Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast. It doesn't synergize very well.
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
3 weeks ago
Thinking a bit about how to make UB artifacts flex a bit into R and G without forcing it. Esper is already there, I think. Came up with these additions:
Other good Artifacts that dont require you to build around:
Other potential cuts (not removed):
- Lieges. We could keep the UW one if we wanna do UW fliers, and we could keep the WR one to give tokens a bit more edge. Could also keep Creakwood Liege for sac fodder in GB
- Cavern Harpy We dont have a deck for it
- Boros Charm Its a bit too narrow
- Lexivore This is going to be a pain in the ass in complex board states.
General notes: we have way too many indestructible creatures. Lets tone it down a bit.
3 weeks ago
Well, make a list so we can see?
One of the issue is the pay off for a vehicles is a big vanilla creature, which suffers a bit when it comes to EDH.
Goblin Welder seems a must for letting you bring them back.
And depending on your playgroup the fact commander is a casual format, you could see if you can have Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast as your commander. Makes stuff to crew the cars, turns cars into removal, is a goblin in lore and his ult lets you make a convoy. If not he certainly has a space in the 99.
1 month ago
shok shok Kindly uplander has own thinks more gobbiefolk needed for handlending.