Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
Planeswalker — Daretti
+1: Put a 1/1 colorless Construct artifact creature token with defender onto the battlefield.
-1: You may sacrifice an artifact. If you do, destroy target artifact or creature.
-6: Choose target artifact card in a graveyard or artifact on the battlefield. Put three tokens that are copies of it onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||Dredgar , gildan_bladeborn , killstars , TheRealPeaches , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , Va1mar , Nightdragon779 , mlouden03 , perrin515 , jaustinhowald|
|Want (22)||CerberAsta , gamerhat , metalevolence , psoliver , callmecapn , Exo-TheGamingCuber , Drakeslade12 , SirFowler , TAMA , grabarzstg , kovellen , SirBrightSpot , orzhov_moskalski , Uberchancey , oryandaw , Tortuous_TG18 , Galdelonian , BlueMageBrandon , acbooster , ryaniskool , bbtancakes , KB2187|
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast Discussion
1 month ago
Oros, the Revenger
Legendary Planeswalker - Oros
+1: Until end of turn, target creature gain "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may pay . If you do, this creature deals 3 damage to target nonwhite creature.
+2: Destroy target creature with Flying and a Artifact
-3: Add to your mana pool, gain control of a white creature until end of turn
0: You get a Emblem with "Red, Black and White creatures you control gain First Strike, Trample and Lifelink"
-12: Destroy all other Planeswalkers and Creatures
Staring Loyalty: 3
5 Abilities, is that good?
1 month ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 48 COMMENTS | 675 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
This deck is made with walkers in mind, though it does need support in addition. Please give me some feedback for ideas please, if you wish...
Ajani, Wise Counselor (Gains life, Buffs, & Uber Buffs a creature of your choice.)
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast (Creates Tokens & replicates Artifacts, even from the grave.)
Jace, Memory Adept (Can draw, Mill, & draw a lot.)
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar (Creates Tokens, Buffs them, & allows mass Life Gain & Card Draw equal to the number of lands you control.)
Sarkhan Unbroken (Draws while giving you mana, & can give you a Dragon Token.)
Phyrexian Arena (Superfriends staple. No other reason to put it in needed.)
Counterflux (Can't be Countered, & can be Overloaded for an additional generous colorless mana.)
Cryptic Command (Multi Mode Counterspell that Multi Taps, does Card Draw & can even bounce an opponent to its owners hand.
There are several others, but they have yet to get past TappedOut's security or whatnot.
Add basic lands to counter land destruction.
Wait For Core 2019's Pre Orders
Find a better 5 color Legendary tailor made for walkers.
I hope these ideas are of some help for what I want to see for my deck, as I'm revising it. Any suggestions I missed out? What to replace for even some of these? Let me know, as I am taking this deck to a new direction; using walkers as the base strategy. Hope this helps! ^-^
Maybe you guys have ideas? Thanks so much for this. 0-^
2 months ago
Less lands more artifacts and run Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
3 months ago
goodair I had Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast in the deck for a while. Currently testing some different cards and I cut him to do so. He tends to be a 3 mana walker that makes a 1/1 and maybe kills something but usually dies within 1-2 turns of coming down. He's okay late game as a sorcery speed Putrefy but again just dies because people target him because he's a planeswalker. His minus also needs an artifact to activate which is an extra cost I might not always have available. Compared to my other walkers Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury and Vraska, Relic Seeker they can make a creature, accelerate my mana, and destroy things with no extra costs. Granted they cost more mana to cast but
In his place I'm trying Bitterblossom. It makes creatures every turn and while they're not artifacts they're a little better at hanging back to block from the flying. I lose out on the destroy a creature/artifact mode but that should be partly offset by the brothers abilities. Also, enchantments in my meta tend to stick around longer than walkers.
3 months ago
surprised you don't run Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
3 months ago
Ta pas besoin de Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast vus que tu as aura shards tu pourais jouez Pernicious Deed plus Sun Titan. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice est pommal moin bonne dans ce deck si vus que ton commander est aggro. Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury serait bonne aussi et mon fav Grave Titan
6 months ago
Cool theme - very flavorful!
Maybe test with Metallurgic Summonings, Revel in Riches, Brass's Bounty, and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast for an artifact win-con? Trinket Mage and Trophy Mage? Whir of Invention? Myr Battlesphere and Vedalken Shackles?
6 months ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.