|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
Planeswalker — Daretti
+1: Put a 1/1 colorless Construct artifact creature token with defender onto the battlefield.
-1: You may sacrifice an artifact. If you do, destroy target artifact or creature.
-6: Choose target artifact card in a graveyard or artifact on the battlefield. Put three tokens that are copies of it onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||Va1mar , Dredgar , gildan_bladeborn , killstars , TheRealPeaches , jstn.mrrtt , perrin515 , Venser_the_Sojoner , jaustinhowald|
|Want (7)||gamerhat , Candyman949 , oryandaw , Galdelonian , BlueMageBrandon , acbooster , KB2187|
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast Discussion
3 days ago
Cool theme - very flavorful!
Maybe test with Metallurgic Summonings, Revel in Riches, Brass's Bounty, and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast for an artifact win-con? Trinket Mage and Trophy Mage? Whir of Invention? Myr Battlesphere and Vedalken Shackles?
4 days ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
3 months ago
I think hell be /, the last Rakdos walker wasnt even in a rotation-set (Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast), and black is another of the pirate colors. I dont think hell be mono-red, as most new Planeswalkers we meet tend to be dual-color. I dont think the cards that allude to him reflect any blue aspect, he seems to be using magic of rage and destruction.
4 months ago
So Affinity isn't a good deck in Legacy and it hasn't been a good deck in a long time. But there are some cool ways to build it which would improve this list.
The core you must have is basically 12x artifact lands. 4x Ornithopter. 4x Arcbound Ravager. 2-4 Springleaf Drum. 4x Mox Opal. 2-4x Cranial Plating. 3-4 Vault Skirge. 3-4 Master of Etherium. 3-4 Ancient Tomb. 3-4 Glimmer Void. Then you want 2-4 Galvanic Blast and 2-4 Thoughtcast.
From there, there are a few ways you can go. Some lists want Stoneforge Mystic/Batterskull as extra mystics fetch up Cranial Plating. Some lists want Chalice of the Void, because you can play it on 1 and just auto win games. Some lists play Blood Moon for an auto win. Akiri, Line-Slinger is a fun way to go high especially if you go for Smuggler's Copter or some utility artifacts like Welding Jar. Dark Confidant is pretty popular, especially if you run stuff like Hangarback Walker/Walking Ballista. Some lists are also a little slower with cards like Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, or Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast as ways to get value or create hard to beat board states.
Personally I'm a fan of this list coming out of Japan. It lacks the punch I think other lists have, but I love the engine and its ability to threaten in combat a lot of the stuff like Batterskull.
5 months ago
Cards I looked up to add to deck:
Visara the Dreadful
Beseech the Queen
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
Defiler of Souls
Fists of the Demigod
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
Olivia, Mobilized for War
Let me know cards you thing I should add cause I know you got some better ideas!!!
5 months ago
No problem, guy.
Let me see.... from what it looks like, you could definitely use Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast as he's a repeatable source of both creatures and artifacts. Rockslide Elemental might be a nice slot to swap over to Daretti, since he plays more in line with your Commander. Also, now that you're down so many artifacts, it may be time to drop Salvaging Station for something like Tamiyo's Journal. Spellbomb and Station make a draw engine, but Tamiyo's Journal can also function as card advantage or another thing to sac in order to keep opponents off their artifact strategies (or it can function as a tutor, if several turns have gone on and you just want to end the game via Squirrels or Kikiscripts). I forget this card exists sometimes, lol.
Overall, though, looks pretty good. Very similar to the build my friend ran for a while, and should hang well with the average meta game.
5 months ago
Thank you for the suggestions, these look interesting! Unfortunately, Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast and Test of Endurance are a bit outside my price range, but I'll keep them in mind. Also, Pontiff of Blight could be good, but I think it's a bit too mana-intensive to go in the deck for now.
Good suggestion on reducing the number of Sorin planeswalkers in the deck, some of them aren't as good in the deck. Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath and Repercussion are both great, not sure how I overlooked them, but they're definitely going in now. Sunforger and Mistveil Plains both seem good, as well, but I am slightly concerned about the fact that I only have 5 targets for it.
5 months ago
This looks fun. I don't know how I feel about 3 sorin in a deck, feels like begging to get dead cards. I also feel like you are missing out big time by not having Sunforger and I can't mention sunforger without saying Mistveil Plains is cool. Ob Nixilis Reignited is awful slow. Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast (removal) and Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath (bleed them dry) feel like good fits. Since you are gaining life the life you might lose to Repercussion will likely go unnoticed. I find the card is quite fun and drastically changes combat. Test of Endurance since that is a possible win con for you, though you should put it fairly low on the list of possibilities as you already have felidar. Pontiff of Blight is a potential win con that also just hurts and gains life, plays nicely in the deck.