|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Wurm
Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for or one mana of that creature's colour.)
Impervious Greatwurm Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
Woodland Champion synergizes well with the deck.
March of the Multitudes doesn't make big tokens, but it can help you gain life if needed.
Impervious Greatwurm is just beast.
2 months ago
Eternal Witness , Finale of Devastation , Creeping Renaissance , Deadwood Treefolk , Genesis , Greenwarden of Murasa , Hatchery Spider , Moldgraf Monstrosity , Nature's Spiral , Noxious Revival , Paleoloth , Praetor's Counsel , Regrowth , Reincarnation , Revive , Seasons Past , Skullwinder , Verdant Confluence , and Wildwood Rebirth are all reasonable options and I am sure I am missing a few since I was going through this quickly at 2 am.
With mono g I would say get 3 or 4 of these and focus on keeping a full grip of cards even if it means cutting a few of your worst wurms to make it so you get to your good wurms faster. A Duskwatch Recruiter Flip is more helpful to you than something like Duskdale Wurm . Good draw and tutors make a deck much stronger than one just jam packed with big dudes.
There are also a few indestructible creatures that can be used if there are far too many board wipes to recover. Spearbreaker Behemoth , Impervious Greatwurm and Nylea, God of the Hunt are pretty fitting cards for wurms imo.
6 player games can be fun, but you are right, some decks don't really function well with that many. I always prefer 4 player games.
3 months ago
Also, you should really consider adding Mirror Entity . Whenever someone casts a boardwipe, as long as you control Atla Palani, Nest Tender , the only thing you have to do is pay 1 mana and when your creatures die to the wipe they'll come back as a brand new set of creatures from your deck.
7 months ago
- stensiagamekeeper I get that the goal is to do 16 points of damage by discarding a random card and hopeing you get Impervious Greatwurm .
- The problem is the set up. Optimally you play a land and noble/bird, and then turn 2 you do the same. One turn 3 you have enough mana to cast Cragganwick Cremator . Now you have 3 cards in hand. so a 33% chance to do 16 damage. If you do get your 16 damage they still have 4 health left and you have 0 power creatures. Which means youve probably lost. Unless you are in the scenario where your opponent used shock lands and fetchlands then you have to hope they ping them selves for 4. However, the next game they will probably play around it and only ping themselves for 3 or add in a little life gain. Then they have the field advantage they need. They could also put in any removal and now your slowed to turn 4 again.
- If you have to naturally get out you win con turn 4 then it would very well be to late. Burn is designed for turn 4, Tron could very well be swinging at you with big creatures you cant ignore, or they might just start removing your lands, Spirits can just hold and Spell Queller , humans can meddling mage, and out last your creatures, storm could ping you out by turn 2 or slam you lock you down by pinging your mana dorks, any control match up can counter your win con...
- ARCHGAZE deck that got 8th place in this even is impressive. But your decks are fairly different. It responds to his threats a bit better. That is what Im getting at.
7 months ago
abbatromebone, I think you missed the point a little. This is one of those decks that competes more on the sum of it's parts than high card quality and a deck very similar to this won the magic online challenge last October. Cragganwick Cremator and Impervious Greatwurm make more sense when you consider that together they can deal 16 damage to your opponents face.
7 months ago
- Ramp is always good, unless of course you don't have anything big to ramp into.
- Fauna Shaman is a great filter card
- Cragganwick Cremator is slow, there are a lot of decks that win by turn 4, you would cast him turn 3. And hope they dont have removal and deal not leathal damage so It might not be great.
- Magus of the Moon isnt modern viable, he is to easy to remove you want blood moon. Every deck has creature removal not every deck has enchantment removal.
- Scavenging Ooze is a side board card in my option, unless you need it for your combo.
- Impervious Greatwurm great in token decks,with lots of ramp, but dies to easily in modern. you play that I play Path to Exile , is not good in modern if you want a 10 drop that does work you want elzardi like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger .
- Steel Leaf Champion is a great mana efficient card that runs well in mono green stomp. I dont really see him else where.
- Tireless Tracker is a good card it does work.
- Fire-Lit Thicket aka filter land, arent good in modern. The best way to get the colors you want is with fetchlands, the only time you really dont use that is when shuffling is an issue.
- Kessig Wolf Run is run in some great decks, id keep. Look at RG Eldrazi Modern.
- Lightning Bolt is a great finisher and removal spell, I almost always recommend 4 copies in any red deck.
- Your SB (sideboard) is not great. You want cards that are answers to your enemies decks. I wont leave comments on that being your deck is going to change so its harder to plan a SB.
Bloodbraid Elf amazing card in the right deck
the best thing for you to do is look at modern decks that are tournement ready. Youll see cards that are used and why they are used. Itll help build your deck. Especially in these colors. Advise from people here is helpful as well. If you want me to be more nit picky I can be. If you need anyhelp just message me here or something.
There are some on my page in folder if you find that easiest
Have a nice week.
7 months ago
Xica, thank you for the great feedback!
I'm going to play with the Noble Hierarch numbers and see where I feel comfortable. Exalted is good, but casting your spells on curve is great.
I will add the creatures you recommended to my Maybeboard (as well of some of the guys from your list!). I was wondering about that as well and will actively work to add more utility to the Sideboard. Is there a risk in going all in on the hatebear plan?
I copied your post to me deck list for future reference. Great stuff. Thanks again!
Impervious Greatwurm occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%