|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Exile up to four cards from target player's graveyard
Transmute 1 ( 1 , Discard this card: Search your library for a card with the same converted mana cost as this card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Play only as a sorcery.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Shred Memory Discussion
2 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
5 days ago
@MrXilas: The speed is going to depend on your playgroup and how much removal people are running but in general I think drain decks are the fastest outside of a few voltron commanders. You will need to watch out for being focused, so your control Auras will be invaluable. I would add Heliod's Pilgrim and/or Totem-Guide Hartebeest to get them out more often. Maybe Shred Memory as well since it can also remove annoying cards like Ghostly Flicker. Another thing to consider are suicide black cards like Crypt Rats, Pestilence, and Evincar's Justice. The deck looks good in general though, will just be harder to deal damage if your commander is taken out.
1 week ago
Thanks for the comment Khirgan!
I like Blessing and see it's possibility utility in the deck. What I would say is that I have never been in a scenario where I didn't have enough lands in my deck to finish off my opponents. I don't really worry about that scenario because the deck has other lines to deal with very high life totals. I do kind of like that it's some instant speed GY hate though. Like a sort of Shred Memory in green for when you run into a combo deck. The list feels so tight as is, I can't imagine what I'd cut for it.
2 weeks ago
@ IronBlackZepp Oh hey, welcome back!
Thanks for taking the time to write all that out for me, I appreciate it.
So with STAX being such an issue, how much enchantment/artifact removal does your list run mainboard? My current list only has 3 pieces, which is lower than I generally prefer. The build is light on interaction in general, but I don't think there's much wiggle room to add more. Elvish Spirit Guide is holding the spot for when I get a Mana Crypt, and Shred Memory will be replaced with Imperial Seal if I get my hands on one. Maybe Hapless Researcher could be cut? I like it as a cheap discard outlet to dump and reanimate a creature, or as insurance if I am trying to win with Laboratory Maniac, but I suppose it isn't really necessary.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Relentless Assault for another combat.
Phyrexian Purge may drain you a bit, but targeted wipe is fantastic.
1 month ago
You should add Worldgorger Dragon, Dance of the Dead and something like Shred Memory and Muddle the Mixture as cheap tutors to assemble the combo. You can use Scion to pitch Gorger, and then Animate Dead/Dance to initiate an infinite loop. You create a ton of mana (arbitrarily large) and then use Scion to entomb Niv-Mizzet. From here, you can animate dead the Mizzet, ping people to death using Memory's Journey as a way of looping cards to not run out.
2 months ago
No Grave Pact? Also I like more on board draw like Smothering Abomination, Dark Prophecy or Grim Haruspex. Then some more token producers would help, Xathrid Necromancer, Hanweir Militia Captain, Requiem Angel. I also have been enjoying Ravos, Soultender, and High Market in a B/W weeny deck, speaking of weeny decks, Dusk / Dawn works wonders in them, this card brings back most of your stuff while getting rid of everyone's fatties. Shred Memory can become another copy of Altar of Dementia or Blood Artist so its nice as another tutor. Also Nether Traitor (which can be tutored via Shred Memory) can generate infinite mana with your commander and Phyrexian Altar.