|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
Level up (: Put a level counter on this. Level up only as a sorcery.) [1/1]
Level 1-4 Tap: Add to your mana pool. [1/2]
Level 5+ Elves you control have "symbol:Tap Add to your mana pool." [1/4]
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Roadhog , bakunet , dplerner , ACCG , abby315 , mycheze , itheoryz , Esquire_ , Sav547 , mazrimtaim , Swamy , brokendwarf , rockleemyhero , AllDayTayTay , Talistan|
|Want (36)||buildingadeck , kovellen , Turtlelover73 , spentbullets , mtgmanatee , GTarrant , PyRoTheLifeLess , mini_tb , szechuan53 , Moonling , appledog , LuckMisesack , Falco101 , Elphane , vakuso , ryuzaki32667 , chrishuffman95 , Franck8666 , LockonHaro , BurnedImpulse , Strangelove , macaroniman , kaiser1245 , Cunningcrow , BorosEvendur , doonmeister , AlphaSp , hatin117 , slemulv , oswrick , Roryrai , ThatOneGuyAI , Celestial_Jade , Farycane , itskevinmiller , toastertree|
Joraga Treespeaker Discussion
1 week ago
Cards I want to take out:
Mosswort Bridge - I don't like Taplands, and I often had the problem not having the 10 power.
Terramorphic Expanse - I'm not sure, but why not Playing an Island/Forest instead
Evolving Wilds - Same here
Managorger Hydra - Really strong card on it's own, but..yeah that's it.
Master Biomancer - Can be absolutly broken in this Deck. But early he stops me from getting Experience counters
Forgotten Ancient - Same with the Hydra
I think I need more card Draw I really want to play:
Worldly Tutor (I don't have one)
Sylvan Library (As soon as I finished this Deck, I may buy one)
I also thought of going more with ETB and put in Panharmonicon but that's like building a new deck. :( And I'm missing removal I think. I'm still not sure to go the Flash Protean Hulk combo fully. Just to tutor wincons and kill everybody is something I don't want in many Decks. I have a Breya Combo deck, but Ezuri is my Favorite so that seems okay for me.
I really need suggestions what to cut. But I need an explanation WHY I should cut something. Just "cut this and this" doesn't help me.
1 week ago
Canopy Vista and Scattered Groves are both fairly cheap atm (you might also be able to pick up Temple Garden pretty cheaply soon as well) and each can be fetched for with Windswept Heath and Krosan Verge, and I guess Grasslands as well.
Ulvenwald Tracker can be pretty good as a means to remove opposing creatures when you got the biggest body out.
Requiem Angel is also really good as a means to recover from a board wipe
2 weeks ago
maybe consider running an bunch of mana dorks (mostly elves) like Priest of Titania Elvish Archdruid and Joraga Treespeaker they work with your deck very well by not only ramping you, but getting experience counters as well.
Carpet of Flowers works insane if your playgroup has even one player also playing blue. Mystic Remora can often draw you 3-6 cards by two turns of being out (both of these cards have become heavily edited by wotc, I suggest looking at the oracle text in gatherer for the current wording on them).
You could also run the Flash Protean Hulk combo. once the hydra is dead you just search your Sage of Hours and 4 1 cmc or cheaper creatures when ezuri is out and you have as many turns you want to finish the game. Flash can also work with your avenger of zen and myr battlesphere to splash a ton of experience.
2 weeks ago
Genesis Wave is a nasty card, my friend has a Genesis Wave deck that goes off turn 3 and there is nothing you can do to stop it. All you can do is hope that he gets a bad draw or misses an Eternal Witness with his Genesis Wave. Anyway, You play what you think feels right. I've gone though many an hour, testing that deck and reforming it into what it is today. You might very well have a different style of playing this deck, like more agressive with Primeval Titan or more Pillowforty with Heroic Intervention. Whatever fits your playstyle and playgroup's meta. As you probably saw in my deck, my Maybeboard is for others who have made Spawnsire of Ulamog decks. If you need a little bit of an extra board state, I recommend Seed the Land or Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. Seed the Land can give you several cheap blockers a turn and Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is similar to Omnath, Locus of Mana in which he adds a large board presence along with a mana ramp theme. I'd keep these in mind if your playgroup takes advantage of you (sometimes) have only Joraga Treespeaker and Arbor Elfs and the odd Omnath, Locus of Mana or Primeval Titan.
Suilla on Card Vomit
2 weeks ago
Wow, thanks for the feedback! I've decided to completely cut Genesis Wave from the deck. I also added and removed a few cards, like getting rid of Not of This World and Eternal Witness, and adding Heroic Intervention, as well as Joraga Treespeaker and Endless One
2 weeks ago
Hi Elywood, I think the mana issues could be averted with mulligans, although I'm still tweaking the ramp package a bit, with Noble Hierarch replaced by Joraga Treespeaker. Early/mid game, the plan is to ramp and set up tokens/Allies, maybe draw cards with Zada to find more pieces if needed. Then, transform creatures to get more creatures, reanimate dead creatures, draw more cards, and chain more spells for an explosive turn to win.
1 month ago
Fun idea, +1 from me. I'll be happy to help with sideboard once you get it up.
One thing of note that your description makes it sound like you may not know - Leveler cards like Joraga Treespeaker start at level 0. So when you first play it it's just a 1/1 that does nothing - you need to level it up once for it to tap for . If you already knew that then sorry for wasting your time haha. Either way, good luck and have fun!
1 month ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!