Sword of the Paruns
Artifact — Equipment
As long as equipped creature is tapped, tapped creatures you control get +2/+0.
As long as equipped creature is untapped, untapped creatures you control get +0/+2.
: You may tap or untap equipped creature.
|Have (3)||, CompleteWaste , sepheroth119|
|Want (2)||GrandeKhan , nighttide|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sword of the Paruns Discussion
1 week ago
Very nice, +1 from me. If I wasn't already running mono green elf ball and attempting a Golgari lands deck I would definitely build around this commander. Feel free to take a look at my own elf deck on my page if you're looking for some more inspiration.
Some suggestions if I may, feel free to take em or leave em: Glimpse of Nature / Guardian Project / Oakhame Adversary / Dark Confidant / Ohran Frostfang / Necropotence / Sylvan Library would all be excellent draw options in a deck like this and hopefully wouldn't slow you down too much. Highly recommend the last two since you'll most likely have the life for it.
Genesis Wave can be very powerful in the right deck. You might have too many instants/ sorceries for this to be viable, but it looks like you'd be able to generate plenty of mana to get some value out of it.
Not sure how you feel about infinites, but it looks like you're already running some infinite mana combos? For some additional infinite mana combos you could add Staff of Domination / Sword of the Paruns. Again my own elf deck would be a great resource for this since there's close to 100 different infinite mana combos in the deck.
Anyway, hope this helps. Cheers.
1 month ago
You might like these:
- Gemstone Array (stores up mana and prevents you from burning yourself)
- Seeker of Skybreak (untaps Yurlok)
- Magewright's Stone (untaps Yurlok)
- Thousand-Year Elixir (untaps Yurlok)
- Seedborn Muse (untaps Yurlok)
- Patron of the Orochi (untaps Yurlok)
- Curse of Bounty (untaps Yurlok)
- Awakening (untaps Yurlok)
- Wound Reflection (bigger burn)
- Mana Reflection (bigger burn and enables infinite combos)
- Umbral Mantle (turns Yurlock into "pay : burn each opponent for 3". also combos infinitely alongside Mana Reflection or Nyxbloom Ancient)
- Sword of the Paruns (same as Umbral Mantle)
- Jade Mage (decent ability, prevents you from burning yourself)
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip (decent ability, prevents you from burning yourself)
Personally I would cut these:
- Spectral Searchlight (doesn't get Yurlok out faster)
- Greenweaver Druid (doesn't get Yurlok out faster)
- Dictate of the Twin Gods (does not amplify Yurlok's effect)
- Blaze (not very impactful unless you are already in a strong position, in which case it is not needed)
- Flameblast Dragon (same as Blaze)
- Xantcha, Sleeper Agent (helps your opponents while hosing your strategy)
- Howling Mine (helps opponents)
- Koth of the Hammer (slow)
- Klothys, God of Destiny (slow)
- Thought Vessel (doesn't produce colored mana)
1 month ago
3 months ago
general recs: Archfiend of Despair, Heartless Hidetsugu, Torment of Hailfire, Keldon Megaliths, Havoc Festival, Pyrohemia, Rampaging Ferocidon, Barrage Tyrant, Blasting Station, Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip
Rod of Ruin for last hit.
rip Paradox Engine
3 months ago
3 months ago
Hey, Nightmare Shepherd is a good budget card with Gonti because he's your Commander. When Gonti dies you choose to send him to your graveyard instead of back to the Command Zone. This triggers Shepperd to exile Gonti, but since Gonti is changing yet another zone then when you exile him you can choose to then put Gonti into the Command Zone. When this happens you get a 1/1 legendary Gonti token that triggers his ETB ability when it's created and Gonti goes back to the Command Zone. This interaction is repeatable as long as you can cast Gonti from the Command Zone.
Magus of the Coffers + Sword of the Paruns is a budget way to make infinite black mana if you control at least six Swamps. Use this combo with any sac outlet such as Viscera Seer to infinite cast Gonti from the Command Zone to exile all your opponent libraries or exile tons of opponents cards and cast them all. Bubbling Muck can help to make black mana to assemble this combo.
Strionic Resonator can copy Gonti triggered ability. Profane Tutor is a new budget tutor and Infernal Grasp is new instant creature removal. Morbid Opportunist once on each player's turn cares about any other creature who dies to draw.
Good luck with your deck.