Sword of the Paruns
Artifact — Equipment
As long as equipped creature is tapped, tapped creatures you control get +2/+0.
As long as equipped creature is untapped, untapped creatures you control get +0/+2.
: You may tap or untap equipped creature.
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sword of the Paruns occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Sword of the Paruns Discussion
3 weeks ago
To help untap, you could use Staff of Domination, Thousand-Year Elixir, Aurelia, the Warleader, Patron of the Orochi, Awakening, Samut, Voice of Dissent, Magewright's Stone, Sword of the Paruns and Gideon, Martial Paragon.
Pretty fun deck though! I like how you even got egg craetures among it haha
1 month ago
You might like these cards: Thornbite Staff , Magewright's Stone , Wrangle , Umbral Mantle , Puppet Strings , Jandor's Saddlebags , Sword of the Paruns , Breath of Fury , Combat Celebrant , Seize the Day , Savage Beating , Generator Servant , Twinflame , Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker , Coat of Arms , Eldrazi Monument
1 month ago
GrizzlyAtom: Just wanted to say that I absolutely loved the list! Safe to say you hit the nail on the head on almost all of your choices. However, I do highly recommend you make a couple of changes for the general consistency of the deck.
Seeker of Skybreak : Same thing as before, though considerably weaker since you NEED the dork to be out, so this is a potential dead draw or another 2 drop 1 mana dork.
Krosan Restorer : I get the need to overload the deck with repetitive effects, but this can over saturate your deck with non impactful creatures.
Greenweaver Druid : This is just bad, even with the cost reduction.
Elvish Piper : With the lack of high cmc creatures, this is just a gimmicky card we wish can always run.
Elvish Harbinger : Though being a two thanks to Nylea, top of the deck tutors aren't too great.
Sword of the Paruns ; As you said, 7 mana is too much.
Elvish Guidance / Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip: I get why you want to run this, but it ain't worth it to run both. I'd drop the Rites over the Guidance, since you can use Arbor Elf on a forest with guidance.
Leyline of Lifeforce : You have enough of this effect, even if this would be super awesome turn 0.
Once Upon a Time : Doesn't scale too well in EDH.
These won't be direct swaps to the cuts and more of a series of cards that you should highly consider as I don't want to cramp your style.
Emergence Zone : Adds the ability to set up OR win on someone elses' turn for a land swap.
Oakhame Adversary : Draw to get your combo pieces and an elf for your count. More often or not a 2 drop in most cEDH metas and a 1 drop in some cases for you.
Runic Armasaur : More draw, draw from fetches and creature based combos.
Seedborn Muse : I know what you're thinking, "I barely have instants". Your commander is an indestructible digger, every turn you'd get to refill your hand.
The Stax pieces: Go for them, you have the outlet in the command zone and you break parity with mana dorks and a cost reducer at the helm. Tangle Wire , Trinisphere . Root Maze , Manglehorn , Collector Ouphe , Null Rod , Winter Orb , Thorn of Amethyst , Sphere of Resistance and maybe Defense Grid are worth it. Hall of Gemstone :Not good because it can lock out interaction that could be needed to stop another player.
Great Oak Guardian : Recognize that your wins are generated by untaps, and an instant speed board untapper is a recipe for success. It can also save your field from damage wipes and goes infinite with Temur Sabertooth . Also makes Tooth and Nail better.
Carpet of Flowers : Ridiculous ramp, 100% must.
Beast Within : Catch-all removal in monogreen. Definitely a staple.
I hope this helps, I love the deck, will be keeping up with it. Final recommendation would be to use a similar categorization that I used in Yeva for your list as it helps you visualize your deck based off function and see where it is lacking.
2 months ago
It feels like your deck is all over the place and lacks focus. Something I would recommend is running cards like Faeburrow Elder / Bloom Tender and Umbral Mantle / Sword of the Paruns to generate infinite mana more reliably.
Aside from making your opponents deck out from mass draw, are there any other win conditions in here that I'm just not seeing or is that your only game plan? There is so much more you could do in a 5 color deck and I feel like you're just a bit too focused on making one way work that you're missing out on many other options.
2 months ago
I really like this deck, I've been thinking that Kydele has cEDH potential for a while. I have some suggestions to maybe help this deck be a little more competitive:
Staff of Domination
is basically another copy of
Sword of the Paruns
, but it's a little expensive)
- You may as well throw in the
Freed from the Real
combo as another infinite mana producer
- You probably want some creature tutors to make finding your combos easier; I recommend Worldly Tutor , Finale of Devastation , Green Sun's Zenith , and maybe Eldritch Evolution , Sylvan Tutor , or Chord of Calling
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget upgrade of the precon. Great to see that you added Fauna Shaman as an upgrade :)
$1-$3 card upgrades to consider:
- Elvish Mystic > Moss Diamond
- Fyndhorn Elves > 1x Forest
- Arbor Elf > Thought Vessel
- Joraga Treespeaker > Commander's Sphere
- Birchlore Rangers > 1x Forest
- Elvish Harbinger > Paradise Druid
- Elvish Guidance > New Horizons
- Wirewood Symbiote > Essence Warden
- Sword of the Paruns > Joraga Invocation
- Guardian Project > Tamiyo's Journal
- Shared Summons > Citanul Flute
- Wood Elves > Nissa's Renewal
- Timberwatch Elf > Titania's Chosen
- Elvish Visionary > Hardened Scales
- Voice of Many > Wren's Run Packmaster
- Regal Force > Terra Stomper
- Temur Sabertooth > Elvish Piper
Consider replacing some lands and mana rocks with more one drop mana Elves? Harbinger and Summons are creature tutors. Symbiote and Paruns are ways to untap the Elves who can make a lot of green mana (Priest, Archdruid, Marwyn). Paruns can be infinite green mana with one of these Elves. Timberwatch, Voice, Regal are creatures that benefit from having lot of other creatures in your control which is good with tokens. I offer more advice if you would like. Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
3 months ago
1) It is always difficult to make this decision. I would say if you are happy with your deck compared to your playgroup there is no need to just chuck more money at it.
2) Artifact removal in green should not be a worry there are plenty cards to do so i would be more worried about creature removal, Song of the Dryads Acidic Slime & Beast Within are great removal versatile removal for mono green
6) Sword of the Paruns Umbral Mantle and Staff of Domination any of these combined with your commander when she as a few counters on her makes unlimited mana! (also will work with Wirewood Channeler , Elvish Archdruid and Priest of Titania )