Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor
Whenever a source an opponent controls deals damage to you, that player sacrifices a permanent.
Recommendations View more recommendations
3 weeks ago
3 months ago
I have a Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts main goal is to get opponents to attack me. I believe I have a good amount of Tempting the attack and forcing the attack. Now for the payoff for doing that to me. So far I have Blessed Reversal Comeuppance Inkshield Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker Mirror Strike No Mercy Norn's Annex Revenge of Ravens Angel's Trumpet Season of the Witch Any suggestions are appreciated. Here is also the link to the list
3 months ago
I would like to use this thread to share my deck called, Hit Me where I use Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts to lure attack at myself. Since there is no way to make the attack Directly at me i thought i would make it beneficial to attack me. It is a mix of Monarch, curses on myself, Maddening Imp,Magnetic Web and the Coveted Jewel to make attacking me more appealing or just force attacks. But catch is I would use cards like my commander, Entrapment Maneuver, Oath of Kaya, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker to Punish the attacks. So it creates this little game of do I attack him.
So let's here how you built your commander in a unconventional way. And what are your thoughts on my deck?
4 months ago
Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker just to double up on the destroying of attacking creatures. Batwing Brume to add value to being attacked. Righteous Cause to offset any damage you may take. Blood Reckoning to speed up people losing life.
Most attack everyone things I can think of are in red like Grand Melee.
Hope some of them may help.
5 months ago
That's cool. I've never seen that cmdr built around that befor. And I've never seen that card befor. I feel there are just so many better options that that card gets put aside and forgotten about.
I've built 4 decks that I would consider having a unique cmdr. I can only share the decks of 2 of them with you today.
The first deck was built around Kiku, Night's Flower. Bring her out and holding the 4 mana up over your opponents head was a sweet tactic that caused your opponents to change what spells they are gonna play. So that was fun. That deck I built a while back and I can't share that with you.
The second unique cmdr I built around is Kagemaro, First to Suffer, similar to Kiku, holding a board wipe over peoples heads is a lil bit of a struggle for your opponents to play around. Because this deck is built to abuse board wipes its pretty fun for me. Not anybody else though. They all hate it. Nobody likes getting board wiped over and over again. Oh it's also a Demon tribal. That deck can be found right here
The third deck is built around Multani, Maro-Sorcerer, the original concept of the deck was to have every creature in the deck to have power and toughness greater than its casting cost. Also to have as many ways or drawing cards from casting creatures. That deck has evolved alot. You can see it here
The fourth and last unique cmdr I built a deck around is Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker. I built this deck to have tons of protection against removal. So naturally it was life gain, enchantments, and angel's with recursion built in. And a win condition that was Avacyn, Angel of Hope + Worldslayer. I don't have that deck on tapped out either. I still have this deck though.
I hope you enjoyed that and I'd also like to hear about some more unique decks and cmdr's
6 months ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
7 months ago
I might consider going flat out zombies for this list. mono White, mono blue Urza, green white, or bant tend to do tax lists a bit better. I get the reasoning with rooftop storm, but it isn't enough.
If you want to focus on Stax, maybe look into Urza, Lord High Artificer, Derevi, Empyrial Tactician, Hokori, Dust Drinker, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker, Yasharn, Implacable Earth, Sigarda, Host of Herons, etc. All make great Stax commanders and have easier colors to work around the orb and tax effects (Opposition, Glare of Subdual, Seedborn Muse, Urza, Lord High Artificer, etc). Black can allow for reanimation for smokestack and the like white also has the potential along with plenty of ways to generate tokens.
You can do whatever you feel like, it is certainly your list, I just wanted to maybe offer the advice that this list is trying to do too much which keeps it from doing either of its game plans effectively. I speak from experience trying to make a Naya list that could be stompy and run tokens which didn't work well.
7 months ago
I see that you are thinking of adding cards that make your creatures indestructible which is useful for combat and potential board wipe spells, but I have a few suggestions that might have a little more utility. Ajani's Presence is ok, but you have to pay 3 mana for every target after the first. And regardless this wont protect anything from exile or sacrifice. Fight as One is similar but also only targets 2 creatures. Most of the instants in your maybe board do similar things. I think it might be a better idea to protect them from everything that a board wipe could do (sacrifice, deal X damage, destroy, and exile) and simply buff the creatures so you don't have to worry about losing them in fights. Akroma's Will will protect all of your creatures from everything (except for Eldrazi with Annihilator or colorless cards). Eerie Interlude blinks all of your creatures which also would protect them from literally anything. The only downside is that it targets them independently so if they have hexproof this doesn't work. Ghostway does the exact same thing but doesnt target so works around hexproof (and is really cool).Silence is a pretty cool card that completely just shuts down someone's turn. Sigarda, Host of Herons protects from forced sacrifice. Lastly, (and most pricey) Teferi's Protection also protects from literally everything.
I also notice you don't have much in the way of removal. Again, I think we can buff your creatures so that they don't need to worry about losing fights, but sometimes there are specific pesky creatures that you need to deal with. For that I'd recommend Urza's Ruinous Blast and Mangara of Corondor. The Wanderer is also really cool, has removal, and protects you from all noncombat damage like damage from Ruric Thar, the Unbowed for example, which is awesome. Aura Shards is also great in this deck for removing non creature problems.
These are those crowd buffs I've been talking about. You've already got Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite which is great. Day of Destiny is pretty cool and works really well with the theme of the deck. Hunting Grounds is AWESOME for increasing your board presence. Seedborn Muse is good for obvious reasons. God-Eternal Rhonas is also a good 1 turn crowd buff. Windbrisk Raptor and True Conviction aren't bad either. Saryth, the Viper's Fang both makes your creatures 1 touch killers but also protect the ones you aren't swinging with. Avacyn, Angel of Hope is pricey but also incredibly strong for a deck like this.
There are a few Selesnya cards that just absolutely shut down other colors. I might recommend these if you can find room for them: Yasharn, Implacable Earth, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker is awesome and discourages people from attacking you, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is absolutely brutal and will shut down everyone else's board if not dealt with immediately. Lastly, Linvala, Keeper of Silence will keep a lot at bay.
Lastly, I have a few land suggestions. First of all, why not Sol Ring and Command Tower? Sunpetal Grove and Temple of Plenty are good dual land that can help early game get you the right mana. Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper is a really cool land that isn't that useful in most decks but is great for this one; same goes for the less useful but still cool Eiganjo Castle. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is pretty useful later in the game if you have enough planes; not so good early game. Tyrite Sanctum is another unique land made just for legendary creatures. Hall of the Bandit Lord is expensive but good in almost any creature based deck. Hall of Heliod's Generosity can help you get back your enchantments; I don't think you had anything else to do that. Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth is a no brainer is basically any green/other color deck now. If you find yourself about to lose a creature just use Miren, the Moaning Well and sac it instead for some extra life. Kor Haven is a dope old school card with obvious utility. Last and far most expensive Yavimaya Hollow fits really well in this deck is incredibly useful especially for it to be a land (that's OP!) but that price tag hurts.
Hope this helped!