Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH
|Commander: Rule 0
Ring of Thune
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has vigilance.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature if it's white.
Equip (: Attach this to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the creature this card is attached to leaves the battlefield.)
5 months ago
Hello fellow Wyleth, Soul of Card Draw player!
I'm glad you got both Wyleth's and Aesi's precons for a good price. They are reeeeally explosive in gameplay with a few upgrades.
I play a lot of this bad boy, and I want to suggest some swaps below 3 USD for you to take it to a higher ground:
First of all, the ramp. I found out that 2 CMC, untapped ramp is the best for Wyleth. Since he draws so many cards, he can chain rocks and voltron pieces in the same turn, so his next turn is even more explosive than the last one. I almost always have more mana than the Green decks in my pod.
- Oreskos Explorer -> Dowsing Dagger Flip (you can get this to flip easily on turn 4)
- Kor Cartographer (too slow) -> Arcane Signet
- Emeria Shepherd (Voltron decks need a REALLY good reason to run cards above 3 mana in their builds) -> Starnheim Courser (this allows you to storm out of control. It is another body to voltron if needed)
- Keeper of the Accord (the token is irrelevant for you and, with Wyleth's card draw, you won't be behind in land drops) -> Talisman of Conviction
You should run boardwipes that hits your stuff the least:
- Tragic Arrogance (no need to destroy your own stuff) -> The Eternal Wanderer's ult
- Disenchant -> Heliod's Intervention
- Ironclad Slayer (we'll compensate him in the landbase) -> Vandalblast
Also, you can streamline your removal package. All of those are fetchable by Sunforger:
- Wear / Tear (good removal, but you already have more flexible options) -> Reprieve (that's one hell of a card to fetch out with Sunforger)
- Hyena Umbra (still vulnerable to exile and bounce effects) -> Blacksmith's Skill (all-around protection)
More/better auras and equipment
- Gimli's Axe -> Maul of the Skyclaves
- Argentum Armor (too expensive to cast) -> Mirror Shield (hexproof is crucial on a Voltron build)
Cheating equip costs
- Brass Squire (having to wait a turn to use his ability is rough) -> Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist
- Kemba, Kha Regent (too slow for a Voltron build) -> Bruenor Battlehammer
More utility lands
- Minas Tirith (Wyleth draws enough cards already. Also, most of the time, you will only have a single creature on the field) -> Axgard Armory (tutor on a land)
- Plains -> Sejiri Shelter Flip (a protection spell stapled onto a land)
- Mountain -> Buried Ruin (Ironclad Slayer's removal is avenged!)
- Plains -> Mistveil Plains (it can return instants back to the deck to be fetched again by Sunforger)
- Mountain -> Great Furnace (synergy with All That Glitters and Puresteel Paladin)
- Plains -> Ancient Den (same as above)
1 year ago
Maybe Dictate of the Twin Gods? I don't know how often you can be protected from opponents, but it seems like it can work out well if you can get your Goads in. Cathar Crusade might be worth an eyeball too. Though you aren't producing that many tokens. Lastly Blackblade Reforged, Ring of Thune, Ring of Valkas, or even Armory of Iroas could have a spot if you're looking to beef up that power on Young Baeloth.
1 year ago
Rogue's Passage makes you unblockable for a turn, no matter how many combat phases you get. There are a couple enchantments that give Protection from Creatures which also works.
2 years ago
How's it going man? I like Thanatis and believe the spider is an interesting way to promote table interaction, in more ways than one.
Kamahl, Heart of Krosa, Ruric Thar, the Unbowed and Grand Warlord Radha all fit in nicely here. Kamahl literally beats face with your team, notwithstanding his land pump ability. Ruric Thar is good hate on noncreatures, directly making the casting player an easier target (great with lifelink). Radha is just a creature Druids' Repository. Sure, she may be 1 cmc more, but she pays for herself the turn she is played by attacking.
Archetype of Endurance can help you protect your field, as both an anthem and form of protection, it has great usage. The other two Archetypes, Archetype of Aggression and Archetype of Finality are slightly redundant, as you have other options, but could be useful. Urabrask the Hidden is an honorable mention as well, but messes with Thanatis a bit.
Ring of Thune seems underwhelming, aside from giving cheap vigilance, I'd suggest Avarice Amulet, as it shifts focus off of your better creatures and provides a value engine for your opponents to squabble over. There's always Glaive of the Guildpact if you're set on equipment, but I prefer a creature with a pushing effect such as God-Eternal Rhonas or Sigardian Zealot
My main point is, in an aggressive deck, having creature value engines is best as they can attack, though I'm sure you already know that. Either way, deck looks sweet, keep at it my man!
2 years ago
I love Spellbook, but with how limited the draw abilities are in mono white, this slot is better served for ramp. I felt the same way about Ring of Thune. It takes to long to get going to be really relevant. That slot was also better served for ramp. Mace of the Viliant was replaced with protection for the same reason. Divine Sacrament buffs opponents and I felt like adding additional protection would be better use of that slot.
3 years ago
Cool deck, fellow magic player. May I suggest Ring of Thune?
3 years ago
I don't know how dedicated to mono-white you are, but Phyresis or even Glistening Oil have the potential to be much faster than Grafted Exoskeleton. Otherwise, having more reliable lifegain options will ensure you have lethal damage when you need it or help win with normal damage as a backup plan. For instance, Nyx-Fleece Ram might be better than Wall of Omens since it contributes to the lifegain triggers and can go on the offensive with Light of Promise. Ring of Thune could just as easily be more Shadowspear or Basilisk Collar. Finally, I'd prefer recurring activations like Chalice of Life Flip or Soulmender to single lifegain instances like Revitalize most of the time, especially with Howling Mine already in the deck to help with draw. Of course, soul sisters is also an option, although they tend to strain the budget a bit more.
3 years ago