Assemble the Legion
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a muster counter on Assemble the Legion. Then put a 1/1 red and white Soldier creature token with haste onto the battlefield for each muster counter on Assemble the Legion.
|Want (2)||lshv32 , Eurotrash|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Rare|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Assemble the Legion occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Assemble the Legion Discussion
1 week ago
It looks like you're trying to delay before going wide with tokens. Windborn Muse and the new Archon of Absolution might be more useful than the Crackling Drake or the Wall of Stolen Identity in delaying. Sun Titan might also be worth cutting for something like Kykar, Wind's Fury since you probably want more spells than permanents.
Feeling of Dread can help you delay early game and tap down blockers later when you swing out. Marshaling Cry also helps with a go-wide strat. Insult / Injury could be interesting, as well. A little pricier, but Waves of Aggression combos here, as well. Does Outlaws' Merriment or Assemble the Legion work better than Improbable Alliance here?
Quiet Speculation is a tutor for you (or hate against an opponent when combined with something like Purify the Grave). Catalyst Stone also helps with this, and pairs well with your Backdraft Hellkite and Past in Flames.
1 week ago
MortlockeHi, thanks for all the suggestion i will carefully look at them and decide what to add, a lot of the choices i will not add as i have a budget and most of the expensive cards i have in this deck i already had or found them extremely cheap due to the conditions of the cards. Some things to cut i might not as they have proved helpful to me when i was playing against others Constricting Sliver and Leeching Sliver helped me win once or twice, although i don't fully mind cutting leeching sliver, i definitely wont cut Constricting sliver. As for Diffusion Sliver as many times as i had it out many opponents didn't want to pay the 2 so it proved to be some defence for me until i set up, although i get your point about the card not been that good in this format (i might cut it). I will add Brood Sliver and cut out the other token production which will free up some space for other adds, although Assemble the Legion did prove helpful in every battle i am still cutting it, as for Hive Stirrings i had it in the deck and i cut it because it wasn't doing anything for me and it was taking up space i rather have that card in my modern sliver deck.
Anyways thanks again for the suggestions i will look at them carefully and decide what i can add.
1 week ago
Protector of the Crown with any source of indestructible makes you never loose the monarch for card draw since he will take all damage for you. Palisade Giant also does the same thing, but without the monarchy.
Palace Jailer is good to gain the monarchy since you are doing a pillowfort deck and it also acts as removal.
Balefire Liege is also a good creature to get some extra bang from your spells and give your creatures a little edge.
Authority of the Consuls is similar to blind obedience but it will also gain you life as well as being able to come in as early as turn 1.
2 weeks ago
You might like these: Aurelia, the Warleader, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Fiendish Duo, Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, Goldnight Commander, Leonin Warleader, Krenko, Mob Boss, Assemble the Legion, Grenzo, Havoc Raiser, True Conviction, Prophetic Flamespeaker, Waves of Aggression, World at War, Chance for Glory
2 weeks ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.
1 month ago
Your average cmc is pretty high for an aggressive deck, and you only have 6.5 pieces of ramp to offset that so you may find you're coming out too slow. You've got tons of huge powerful creatures but most of them don't have any way to push damage through; maybe trade two of your six haste effects for some trample(Archetype of Aggression,Siege Behemoth), flying (Victory's Herald), or Champion of Lambholt type cards. I count nine different anthem effects, but again because your creatures are so expensive you're probably not going to have many creatures out at once so those effects become less valuable. Maybe add a few efficient token producers to help take advantage of them (like Assemble the Legion, March of the Multitudes, or Hanweir Garrison/Hanweir, the Writhing Township) or just cut them for more ramp so you can get more of the big stuff out faster. Hope this helps.
1 month ago
alexjustdoit - makes sense. Perhaps I'm underrating Vampire Nighthawk. I suppose the lifegain effects help a lot when you are running things like Acidic Soil & Price of Progress (which I am currently not) which also hurt you.
Have you tried Kunoros, Hound of Athreos? My meta probably isn't resilient enough to fight against strong hate or stax, but I like that this guy does other things and being a creature is easier to remove (as opposed to something like Rest in Peace which could just lock someone out and does nothing against decks that don't utilize the yard).
Abzkaban - interestingly I just had a commission done for a Cersei alter of Queen Marchessa with Gregor and Qyburn assassin tokens, so I'm taking a similar GoT theme with my list. I'll post me list with the alters on here shortly.
Thoughts on Assault Suit in a combat oriented build?
1 month ago
I need some help closing the game with my pilowfort deck, its Pramikon. I always make it to the end but am unable defeat my last opponent. If there are anymore cards like Assemble the Legion that would be awesome too.