|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
You may play Twilight's Call any time you could play an instant if you pay more to play it.
Each player returns all creature cards from his or her graveyard to play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||mcstang1986 , bakeraj4 , Swamy , rikertchu , Antiat , Kravian , plof , frederiklw , mziter501|
Twilight's Call Discussion
3 days ago
ScrOuch Thanks for leaving some feedback for me!
Good call on the Phyrexian Delver it's been really strong.
Body Snatcher isn't a great flicker target, though if i run more sac outlets it might be better.
Dictate of Erebos isn't quite budget enough for me, I really like that the entire deck is under $50. This way when folks see it play out i can tell them the idea and that the deck could be upgraded as well
Outpost Siege is right on theme though i'm not sure what to cut for it
Blood Artist doesn't trigger on flickers, but it is a good card and in multiplayer games creatures die and i'll get value. I think I want to commit to the theme of flicker over good stuff additions right now though
Goblin Bombardment and Ashnod's Altar are good though i'm not to sure they will be strong enough if i don't add the dictate. Also the commander isn't the focus of the deck so adding things just for him seems loose IMO
LVL_666 Thanks for all your suggestions! Lets dive in,
Rune-Scarred Demon is out of budget range. It's not that I don't have it, I do, I just want to run the entire deck under $50. So that means missing out on Dictate of Erebos and the demon but adding Dreamscape Artist and Sire of Stagnation
Noxious Gearhulk I think i want to add, even with the price tag$. All my creature kill now can't kill black creatures and I kinda want more life gain and this card works on both levels. What's better though, Noxious Gearhulk or Inferno Titan???
Vial Smasher the Fierce dosen't fit the theme and is almost a good stuff addition, so I'll pass for now.
Crater Hellion, Ratchet Bomb and Sever the Bloodline are sweet anti token measures, here is what i was thinking Devastation Tide. It deals with the tokens, enchantments, planswalkers, and other unbeatable positions I could find myself in. What do you think?
quitrage Thanks for the bringing some sweet ideas to the table
Dance of the Dead I want to add, though i'm not sure i can think of the cut for it, any thoughts?
3 days ago
Hey the deck looks pretty fun, here's some ideas for re-animation that brings them straight to the battlefield rather than your hand so you can get the ETB effect.
also for dealing with tokens the card you recommended for my deck, Sever the Bloodline seems like it could do rather well in yours as well.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Forgotten Creation is a great card. I would put it in the deck from the maybe board. It can do two things: draw cards and stack your graveyard. To the second effect I would add more cards like Living Death such as Twilight's Call or Zombify to recur creatures from the grave.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Now that Amonkhet with its new cycling cards was released, this deck can be significantly improved. I have tested your decklist as it was, and then made following changes:
- Obviously add new cycling creatures, such as Archfiend of Ifnir or Greater Sandwurm.
- Removals like Murder or Ichor Slick in this deck are bad, because they add creatures into your opponent's graveyard, which makes your Living End worse. You need to focus on removal which disables the creature on the battlefield, puts it into library or exiles it, such as Chaos Warp or Song of the Dryads.
- Turns out that this deck has much better manabase than it seems - mainly because of all the land-cycling creatures (Igneous Pouncer), which can search for dual lands such as Cinder Glade. Thus it is easily possible to play four colors. Adding blue will improve your changes of going off with additional cascade card Shardless Agent and tutors like Bring to Light.
- Replace Flayer of the Hatebound with Ogre Battledriver. As previous comment says, Flayer of the Hatebound doesn't work with Living End. So instead of damage, you'll have haste.
- Replace All Hallow's Eve with Twilight's Call - it's $100 cheaper.
- Add Emrakul, the Promised End as a backup plan - turns out that the deck has a lot of tutors, never misses a land-drop thanks to all that cycling, and has many card types in the graveyard. Emrakul is enough to win all alone.
3 months ago
You talk about animating spells, yet you're running so few and not the best ones.
I'd go with Reanimate, Animate Dead, Dread Return (better if you use Bloodline Keeper's tokens or if you add Captivating Vampire and sac the opponent's creatures you're now controling) or mass reanimation stuff like Patriarch's Bidding and Living Death/Living End (paired with Bojuka Bog and Withered Wretch is great!). Twilight's Call and Rise of the Dark Realms could also be fun.
3 months ago
My two cents:
Familiar: nice card but i don't think I can find anything worse in your list to make room for it. Gaining 2 life and a cantrip sac fodder it's nice, but i wouldn't spend a turn or a Meren's trigger for it unless you need a turn filler. Anyway, as you're asking for what to remove to make room for it, i'd suggest removing Overeager Apprentice
Vorinclex: great, especially if you Entomb+Reanimate on early turns because of the ramp/stax effect. I'd remove a basic swamp for it so Hermit Druid become more suitable for a nice self mill, once you've managed to get rid of your 6 basics with Sakura, Farhaven Elf, Tusker or Simulacrum + some Meren recursion tricks.