|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature you control dies, you draw a card and lose 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||Msgstallion , YossarianLives , ironax , Supremespeed , Va1mar , Psycheretic , CampbellStev , , rockleemyhero , gosora , sonnet666 , twistedmage , Pelli , golgarigirl , rakdos24 , Ashy , redlegs_17 , REV666 , DrPopular , switchkill65 , cburns , Rez09 , Regulus1010 , joshw335 , Archegos , CastleSiege|
Dark Prophecy Discussion
1 day ago
Some of the options I know aren't the most budget friendly but Mesmeric Orb Might be a better way than Traumatize to fill graveyards although with cards like Dralnu, Lich Lord and Call to Mind that's hard to tell. If you do add to the milling abilities, or even if you don't Undead Alchemist does a lot of work towards growing your horde. Geth, Lord of the Vault is also pretty handy at filling
Now this is meta dependent, but how often do you see yourself casting the CMC 6-8spells before the game ends?
You could cut some of the upper end to reinforce the lower with cards like Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat. If you want to stay closer to theme, Vengeful Dead Also causes life loss. The first two would also help mitigate the negative side of Dark Prophecy and reinforce the existing cards like Diregraf Captain and Plague Belcher.
1 week ago
One or two Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx can work wonders, as can Dark Prophecy, maybe as a sideboard choice. I have a similar deck that runs Dauthi Slayer and Bloodghast instead of Gifted Aetherborn and Relentless Dead, but now I'm thinking of swapping them out. Cool deck!
2 weeks ago
You might need a bit more draw power for this deck. Here are my budget-friendly suggestions:
Dark Prophecy: Since you're running a commander that allows you to cast cards from grave, I assume your creatures will be dying frequently.
Phyrexian Arena Good, consistent additional draw power.
In addition, Gray Merchant of Asphodel is a good, cheap Zombie that can be used when you have a bunch of different black mana symbols among permanents you control.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
This looks incredibly funny to play :) There are however two major snags to overcome, in order for this to really work well:
Ramp: right now the ramp you have added is conditional and cannot be used early-game. That makes this deck slower than it has to be. At the very least, I would add Orzhov Signet, Charcoal Diamond, Dark Ritual and at least one or two more cards like these. Ramp is especially important in the beginning of your game; you want to flood the field with your Apostle's fast.
Hope this helps. Let me know how the matches went that you've played with this; I am curious :)
1 month ago
I was unable to find a tribe in your deck. There are some token generators, but few enough that a tribal card would be a dead draw most of the time. For those reasons, I'd recommend removing these:
A lot of the utility of the deck comes from being able to massacre your tokens in the name of -1/-1 counters (e.g. Blowfly Infestation and any of Flourishing Defenses, Nest of Scarabs, or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons herself. Add Blood Artist (or similar) and it's an infinite wincon). Any creature with 2+ toughness will not be killable from a single counter, so anything that buffs toughness without a major benefit just weakens the deck. For those reasons, I'd recommend cutting these:Skullclamp.
Various other cuttables:
- Spread the Sickness - sorcery speed kill is pretty "meh".
- Shambling Swarm - the counters go away at end of turn, and it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on anyway), and he has 3 devotion.
- Soulstinger - similar to Shambling Swarm, it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on). Also, you're getting a weak creature in the hopes of doing something useful with it - better to just get a good creature in the first place.
- Decimator Beetle - moves one counter, once per turn, and it has to attack to trigger.
- Essence Warden - the lifegain doesn't get you anything
- Fume Spitter - insufficient recursion to really get a benefit from him
- Wicker Warcrawler - why include a creature that just gets worse?
- Tower Above - i'm on the fence on this one. The CMC is a bit high, but the benefits could be large.
- Needle Specter - Also on the fence. I like it more than the spell though.
- Rendclaw Trow - a 2/2 with wither and nothing else. 2 damage will just be ignored on attack until he dies in a wipe, or manages to block and get you (at best) 3 tokens.
You need to have a minimum of 37 lands. You're also playing , the color whose greatest strength is the massive ramp it can accomplish. If you swap all the cards noted for lands and acceleration, i would expect the deck to play significantly better. Also, don't use rocks for the ramp, unless land-wipe is common in your meta. It's easy and common for artifacts to die, but (usually) much harder to kill a land. I'd recommend the standard ramp:
- Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Kodama's Reach
- Skyshroud Claim
- Explosive Vegetation
2 months ago
Falkenrath Noble would also be nice to fit in. You can't recur him with Shirei, but his ability is worth it anyway.