|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor
Vigilance, protection from creatures
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to you, destroy that creature. Put a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Latest as Commander
Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts Discussion
2 days ago
5 days ago
the problem with Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts is exactly her mana cost. She really needs Edgewalker type effects on the battlefield to be worth including in the deck. so you need your Oketra's Monument and Bontu's Monument both out in order for Envoy of ghosts to be worth it.
5 days ago
First, I apologize to everyone for my mistake in my previous post. When I read the text of the card Smothering Tithe I understood that it was card advantage, rather than mana ramp. I was hasty in my comment.
I agree with you, when I mentioned Bedevil to replace Anguished Unmaking or Utter End , it was a bad idea. But at the same time, I would like to test it, because it's an excellent card. So, I'd like to hear from you, what cards would you remove from the deck to test Bedevil ?
Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts is an excellent creature, but it doen't stop my opponents from taking the Monarch. The cost of 7 mana makes her a creature that enters the battlefield in the late game. At this moment, most of my opponents already have many creatures in play, don't prevent losing the Monarch, forcing me to use other pillowfort to keep Monarch's control. At the same time, it isn't a great kill condiction for a multiplayer game.
I understand that Delaying Shield must remain on the deck, the cost of it is 4 manas, but it isn't a prohibitive cost. It's an excellent tool, in an opportunity I was saved by him, and I could destroy it to simply not lose the game (it was a very fun game).
6 days ago
Here are 20 cards you can consider cutting:
- Ancient Stone Idol - Too high CMC and just a beater.
- Crested Sunmare - I like it but one of your slower weaker cards.
- Falkenrath Noble - You have cheaper same redundant effects.
- Knight of the Last Breath - Way too high CMC, doesn't impact board.
- Meadowboon - Doesn't trigger Teysa.
- Night Incarnate - Not good enough.
- Krav, the Unredeemed - We don't generate that much tokens to be efficient.
- Seraph of the Scales - Good in limited, in EDH she is subpar.
- Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts - Too high cost, and you don't want people to swing at you.
- Vindictive Vampire - Same reason as noble.
- In Garruk's Wake - Too high cost.
- Storm Herd - Just needs to be cut, as no way to free cast or reduce.
- Helm of the Host - Fun card but doesn't synergize efficiently.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - This might actually one day be bad for your game plan.
- Exquisite Blood - not that great by itself and hard to combo off.
- Sanguine Bond - Same as above.
- Nomads' Assembly - There are better ways to make tokens.
- Thrilling Encore - I like this card as well, but most of the time holding up 5 mana is quite hard.
- Cleansing Nova - You already have Merciless Eviction , you don't need two types.
- Thran Dynamo - This might seem weird, but I would rather have a 2 CMC mana rock over this one at times.
Hope that helps cutting!
1 week ago
Nice build! I've got an exile deck that runs all 3 versions of Teysa. She's rather high mana cost, but is quite powerful and has good synergy with the other Teysa versions if you can manage the cost (not so bad in EDH format). Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
1 week ago
Removed: Cartel Aristocrat Debt to the Deathless Maw of the Obzedat Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts Tithe Drinker Wayfarer's Bauble Weathered Wayfarer Orzhov Basilica Thespian's Stage Vault of the Archangel Temple of the False God
1 week ago
Teysa, Guildmaster Ignited
Legendary Planeswalker - Teysa
+1 Create two 1/1 white and black spirit creature tokens with flying.
-3 Destroy target creature, create a 1/1 white and black spirit creature token with flying.
-7 You get an emblem with "Whenever a spirit enters the battlefield under your control you gain 1 life and your opponents lose 1 life. Spirits you control get +2/+2."
Teysa may be a bit too powerful, but dang is she flavorful. I do think that this embodies Teysa though, especially Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts and Teysa Karlov (who is by far my favorite Legend). I had a hard time with the name though, couldn't come up with something I really liked.
Challenge: Turn you favorite creature into a Planeswalker.
3 weeks ago
Cool deck! Maybe reconsider Athreos, God of Passage. I always found him very underwhelming in Commander. Even tho I love everything about the card, Karlov is just not gonna abuse him in a way like Ayli for example does. Try and replace him for one of the following for example: Twilight Prophet Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (even tho she is a bit expensive) Serra Ascendant Ranger of Eos So you can get your small lifegainers out Kambal, Consul of Allocation Fountain of Renewal
At least I found out by playing my Karlov deck, that in multiplayer a lot of steady small lifegain triggers really help.
If you wanna have a look at my take on Karlov it's this one :) Karlov's Will, help with that one is always welcome :)