Creature — Orc
, Sacrifice a creature: Create two colorless Treasure artifact tokens with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
Sacrifice three Treasures: Draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ruthless Knave Discussion
3 months ago
The list indeed looks pretty impressive. A pretty cool finisher would be Cranial Plating. Infernal Tribute would basically turn all of your cards into clue tokens. And Ruthless Knave is a value engine in a treasure heavy deck.
4 months ago
Oh God here we go.
Brine Hag WTF IS THIS
Dire Fleet Ravager YES.
Elaborate Firecannon MUST INCLUDE
Fathom Fleet ANYTHING
Forerunner of the Coalition COP DFR
Gyruda, Doom of Depths SHOULD WE DO ALL EVEN HAHA NO
5 months ago
Found another 'draw out your deck' combo.
Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Pitiless Plunderer + Ruthless Knave or Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Pitiless Plunderer + Skullport Merchant is a three card combo which can make infinite Treasures, and then draw out your deck.
- Have Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Pitiless Plunderer + Skullport Merchant and two Squirrel tokens in play.
- Pay and sac a token to activate Chatterfang, Squirrel General second ability destroying the other token.
- Pitiless Plunderer triggers twice creating a two Treasure tokens.
- Chatterfang, Squirrel General triggers creating a two Squirrel Tokens.
- Rinse and repeat. Use one of the Treasures for , having infinite ETB/LTB triggers and gain a Treasure.
- Use the Treasures and Skullport Merchant or Ruthless Knave to draw out your deck.
5 months ago
While everybody is focussed on Pitiless Plunderer I found a combo with another Pirate which I think is fun to play in Chatterfang. I am going to build the deck later.
For this combo you need a random creature (Squirrel?) on the battlefield. Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Parallel Lives + Ruthless Knave will do the job. Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Doubling Season + Ruthless Knave and Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Primal Vigor + Ruthless Knave will do it also. With Ruthless Knave you can sac three Treasures to draw a card, so with infinite Treasures you can draw out your deck, which should lead to drawing a win-con.
- Have Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Parallel Lives + Ruthless Knave and another creature in play.
- Pay for Ruthless Knave and sacrifice the creature.
- Ruthless Knave makes 4 Treasures because of Parallel Lives.
- Chatterfang, Squirrel General makes 4 Squirrels.
- Use the Treasures for to activate Ruthless Knave again and sacrifice a Squirrel.
- Rinse and repeat, gaining 1 Treasure and 3 Squirrels every loop.
7 months ago
As a baseline, you'll need to add lands, which I'm sure you know. Since you're making Treasure and Gold tokens in this deck you'd probably be good with roughly 34-36 lands, leaning more to the most mana color you'll need, say like a 25/25/50 split if thats what you're going for.
While I do like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Tariel, Reckoner of Souls they have a high mana cost as most good Angels do, while Tariel synergizes well with your strategy she does have that randomness factor and would advise a more reliable and consistent option. Gisela speeds up the game. As a player this is good and accelerates the game, but as an opponent my first priority would be to get rid of Gisela and that paints an even bigger target on your back.
Restoration Angel is fantastic for your edict effects, at face value. You'd need to run flicker effects to really make it shine. Basandra, Battle Seraph seems really good, forcing people to attack is nice and it prevents players from casting anything in combat, however it means instant speed removal will be used before the combat step. This also stops you from casting spells in combat.
As for Human synergy, I really like Teysa Karlov , Thalisse, Reverent Medium , Queen Marchesa , General's Enforcer and Fain, the Broker . All of them work very well with the token strategy, especially Teysa and Thalisse
Things I wouldn't necessarily include are cards like Juri, Master of the Revue (as good as she is with Fling ), General Kudro of Drannith (incidental unless you go all in on the Human tribal strategy), Devout Chaplain (same reason for Kudro), or Dire Fleet Hoarder (basically a one time effect unless you jump through the Teysa hoop, yes it does give you a Treasure token, but at a cost of 2 mana and the creature dying).
As for Demons I really like the Archfiend of Depravity and Rakdos, the Showstopper , their mass sacrifice effects are wonderful, however Rakdos does effect your board heavily unless you play to his synergies, you wouldn't want Negan to die to his effect would you?
-When it comes to your Dragons, I think you hit the nail on the head, nothing I would really change or take out. Allows for Magda, Brazen Outlaw to have a decent outlet if you don't want an artifact.
-Finally, the other things you've got going. Dockside should just be an auto-include, albeit a heavy price tag, but if you can get one you should definitely include it.
Dark Impostor , while mana intensive is still a decent mana sink that can function effectively as targeted removal. Definitely keep your edict creatures, they are super useful and trigger Negan, and thats what you want.
Starnheim Aspirant is useful if you go super heavy into the Angel theme, but if you skimp on the Angel theme this could very often be a dead card.
Storm-Kiln Artist , I like this a lot for this deck, can be a beater, and generates value.
Vault Robber , seems bad, and bad to do. Synergizes with Magda and makes Treasure tokens, but thats really it... PLUS it requires you to have a creature in YOUR grave. I'd cut this, but if you have a reason to play it I'm not seeing immediately play it in your deck.
Viscera Seer , good card, good sac outlet, not much else to say.
Creatures I'd include based on what I've seen: Solemn Simulacrum , Burnished Hart and Mayhem Devil . Some good ramp and a decent damage dealer if you'd like to play a cheap one. Plus the Devil is great at just 3 mana.
Angelic Renewal is basically a one time effect. While good, there are better recursion spells out there, but this one does fit the Angel theme so thats really cool. :D
Aside from that, I think that's a decent spread of enchantments. Nothing to add really, love the inclusion of the Sagas and Revel in Riches .
- Shiny Impetus is good for token generation, but don't play a sacrifice creature to have that player just get rid of it, deceptively good and bad.
The Eldest Reborn is also another good saga to include if you want another edict type effect, and when it does go off you can get what you want from players' graveyards.
The three signets for your colors, Arcane Signet as well.
Panharmonicon to double up on edict effects.
- Approach of the Second Sun : Does provide you an effective way to win, very good card for a deck like this especially if the game goes long.
- Brass's Bounty . Love it, not much else to say.
- Contract Killing fits the theme and the flavor. Love it.
- Damnable Pact is good card draw for you, and useful against someone who flies too close to the sun.
- Debt to the Deathless / Entreat the Angels . While both good, is not something you want to draw into early game or open with. I would highly suggest playing less finisher cards like these, but if you wanna play em don't let me stop you.
- Killing Wave . Love it, super good.
- Necrotic Hex . Expensive, but great effect.
- Excavation Technique is actually a really good spell. Synergizes with Magecraft like WoTC intended and is deceptive for your opponents.
- Increasing Devotion / Finale of Glory . One of these is better than the other. I'll let you decide which is which.
- Heartless Pillage / Seize the Spoils . I really like both of these cards as spells and thematically. They work well for Negan and as spells for you to Pillage and Loot with as you please.
- Ruinous Ultimatum / Tragic Arrogance : Both are fantastic, especially as finisher spells. I'd make a point to include both so you have an option when you're ready to win(IE: Revel in Riches in play with a ton of creatures on board, its akin to vandalblasting with a lettuce on board).
10 months ago
Hey, sure, consider cutting cards that are single effects such as sorceries for cards that have repeatable effects? It's not just Priest that's good with repeatable token sources also Korvold, Pitiless Plunderer / Ruthless Knave , Butcher of Malakir , etc. therefore expanding on tokens helps all these cards.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Price of Betrayal
- Angrath's Rampage
- Clinging Mists
- Severed Strands
- Pulse of Murasa
- Haunted Cloak
Some cards that are okay, but could be upgraded with budget options:
- Winding Way
- Relentless Pursuit
- Firemind Vessel
- Return to Nature
- Arboreal Grazer
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Llanowar Scout
- Torch Fiend
- Gilded Goose
Some budget land changes to consider:
1 year ago
Soulus101 I never realized how few lands I have, I might want some more, though I also have a good amount of mana rocks and other permanent-based ramp. I actually used to have Ruthless Knave, I'll look into putting it back. As for Pitiless Plunderer, its priced at more than I think it's worth for me at the moment. Thank you for the suggestions!
1 year ago
30 lands feels... brave? Have you considered Ruthless Knave as a sac-synergystic ramp option? Works particularly well with Pitiless Plunderer, giving you three treasures for 3 mana and a creature, and can also draw you cards if mana isn't a problem.