Creature — Kraken
Whenever you draw a card, you may pay . If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Nadir Kraken and create a 1/1 blue Tentacle creature token.
|Have (2)||Taki117 ,|
Printings View all
|Theros Beyond Death (THB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nadir Kraken Discussion
1 week ago
Here are some cards you might like:Serum Visions,Sleight of Hand,Remand,Chasm Skulker,Nadir Kraken,Path to Exile,Mana Leak,Basri Ket,Herald of Secret Streams,Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants, and Supreme Verdict.
1 week ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
3 weeks ago
I also play a experience counter atraxa similar to yours. It's so much fun because you have so much synergies in the deck! I can highly recommend:
1 month ago
Yes psionictemplar, paying into Hexdrinker and then untapping to hold up mana for Abrupt Decay and/or Tyrant's Scorn would be part of the plan. Plus I'll be able to pay into Broker to get a card back on opponent's endstep or pay into Torrent Elemental to get it on the board.. And if I make Creeping Tar Pit a creature for unblockable damage, it will untap at endstep cuz its still a land, leaving me with more mana and a possible body for blocking. Then there's the cost for Magewright's Stone that I can activate targeting Broker to activate her again. If Nadir Kraken is on board I'll also have mana to pay into it after tapping Broker to draw. I guess when it comes down to it I wanna be doing stuff on my turn and opponent's turn and constantly getting tidbits of value that will hopefully pay off as the game goes on. I feel the only way to get Bane Alley Broker to work is to always have mana ready to spend.
2 months ago
Interesting changes, and I have a few thoughts. Firstly, I would say that while Thing in the Ice Flip is a great card here, I’m not quite as keen on Whelming Wave. I can see how it works as a finisher, but it may set you back too far if you play it as a stalling card. Thing is probably enough in my mind. Secondly, I have a number of possible suggestions, but they may each lend better to taking the deck in different directions:
Since your graveyard is likely to be very large with all the discarding, something like Treasure Cruise might be a really nice include, since you largely lack other interaction with all of those cards.
Again, with all the discarding that you’re doing, Bag of Holding might be another nice way of holding onto your cards for later use.
Glint-Horn Buccaneer is another decent payoff for all the discarding, but this might move you away from the game plan of all the sea creatures.
Drake Haven is the last discard themed card I’d recommend, since the drakes it makes can be a very strong aerial threat very quickly.
If we focus more on the drawing cards side, something like Nadir Kraken could also be nice, and fits within the sea creature theme.
Perhaps too expensive, but The Locust God could potentially be an amazing game winning card in this deck, but six mana may be too much.
Channeled Force seems like it could be absurd whichever way the deck ends up leaning if you’re willing to pitch your hand to it.
And finally, as you will hopefully have a graveyard filled with spells, Blitz of the Thunder-Raptor might be a better removal spell.
I know this is a lot, and much of this will not interest you to play around. I just hope that this has given you some more ideas of what to do with the deck, and I wish you luck with it.
3 months ago
gri Thanks for the comment! Honestly, I had thought about swapping Tymna for Ravos already, so I may go ahead and do that now that I have a second opinion for the same idea. I had considered that I neither have much protection against removal, nor recurrence. Ravos would be a welcome inclusion.
To your second point, this deck is the very definition of prototype. If it seems like it lacks a solid thematic identity, that's because it does in fact lack a solid thematic identity. So what I did was recreate a personal draw machine using unblockable creatures and cheap self-draw enchantments/equipment, then replaced what would normally be buff spells with mutate spells. If I wasn't running mutate, this would easily be an Izzet The Locust God deck, with a lot more counterspell/control, and red enchantments that let me deal damage when the tokens etb, or sac them for damage, etc. So I'm still kinda thinking about it from that kind of perspective, and cards like Nadir Kraken, Ominous Seas, and Alela, Artful Provocateur are essential for that. However, I'm doing this as a four color, and full of mutate. You can see my dilemma. How does one turn what I've started here into a solid thematic identity?
That was a long way of putting my question, which is: if I'm not using the engines as a payoff for my card draw, then what am I doing with it?
3 months ago
Into the Story rather than Nadir Kraken your deck doesn't have enough draw plus the kraken doesn't really fit the deck, and the deck becomes even more budget. You could go for Of One Mind and just throw in more humans, Murmuring Mystic works amazingly with this card already. Winged Words could work since you can generate flying creatures.