Chatterfang-Ruthless Knave Combo
Posted on Aug. 10, 2021, 11:42 a.m. by bomb_arie
While everybody is focussed on Pitiless Plunderer I found a combo with another Pirate which I think is fun to play in Chatterfang. I am going to build the deck later.
For this combo you need a random creature (Squirrel?) on the battlefield. Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Parallel Lives + Ruthless Knave will do the job. Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Doubling Season + Ruthless Knave and Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Primal Vigor + Ruthless Knave will do it also. With Ruthless Knave you can sac three Treasures to draw a card, so with infinite Treasures you can draw out your deck, which should lead to drawing a win-con.
- Have Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Parallel Lives + Ruthless Knave and another creature in play.
- Pay for Ruthless Knave and sacrifice the creature.
- Ruthless Knave makes 4 Treasures because of Parallel Lives.
- Chatterfang, Squirrel General makes 4 Squirrels.
- Use the Treasures for to activate Ruthless Knave again and sacrifice a Squirrel.
- Rinse and repeat, gaining 1 Treasure and 3 Squirrels every loop.
August 10, 2021 12:33 p.m.
Awesome! Gonna add that to my "surprisingly competitive" Chatterfang deck.
August 10, 2021 2:34 p.m.
I think for step 4 that you actually get 8 squirrels. 4 treasures, chitterfang makes 4 squirrels, Parallel Lives doubles that to 8
August 10, 2021 5:30 p.m.
August 10, 2021 5:36 p.m.
If you get two treasures, you have two ways to look at it.
1.) Doubling Season is set on the stack first and Chatterfang second. Chatterfang modifies first when the triggered ability resolves, giving you 2x squirrels and 2x treasure. Then Doubling Season sees those tokens and resolves it's trigger, giving you four squirrels and four treasure.
2.) You order Chatterfang first and Doubling Season second. Doubling Season's trigger resolves and doubles the number of treasure from 2 to 4. Then, Chatterfang sees this and resolves his trigger, giving you one squirrel for each token; 4x in total.
- Too lazy to correct the DS / PE mistake of which card I mentioned. They do the same thing so they can be transposed here. Just semantics at this point.
August 10, 2021 7:13 p.m. Edited.
Found another 'draw out your deck' combo.
Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Pitiless Plunderer + Ruthless Knave or Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Pitiless Plunderer + Skullport Merchant is a three card combo which can make infinite Treasures, and then draw out your deck.
- Have Chatterfang, Squirrel General + Pitiless Plunderer + Skullport Merchant and two Squirrel tokens in play.
- Pay and sac a token to activate Chatterfang, Squirrel General second ability destroying the other token.
- Pitiless Plunderer triggers twice creating a two Treasure tokens.
- Chatterfang, Squirrel General triggers creating a two Squirrel Tokens.
- Rinse and repeat. Use one of the Treasures for , having infinite ETB/LTB triggers and gain a Treasure.
- Use the Treasures and Skullport Merchant or Ruthless Knave to draw out your deck.
August 11, 2021 3:50 a.m.
I run this exact strategy in my Thalisse, Reverent Medium deck. Easily the most powerful card in the deck. Even without the doubling season, you essentially make 2 tokens for each 1 mana you have. That ability alone has won me more games than any other card.
August 12, 2021 9:32 a.m.
Working on the deck right now. Amazing how many combos can be made using the same cards over and over.
Commander / EDH*
93 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER