|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Pirate
2U: Daring Saboteur can't be blocked this turn.
Whenever Daring Saboteur deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||gamerhat , Vasbear1 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , saj0219 , Skulldrey , damo_rox , Spinalripper , jstn.mrrtt , KingOfGrixis , Epidilius , philktoken8998 , Wolfebladeelite , firemind12 , predation , Pumpkinking913 , golgarigirl|
Daring Saboteur Discussion
2 weeks ago
OK, I know you are still refining, and this isn't a Wizard, but it seems mechanically like something you might be looking for: Daring Saboteur
1 month ago
I just want to let you know that I used your deck tonight, at a standard showdown. I went 3-0 and it was priceless to see the faces of my opponent going... WTH! Mono-blue aggro...
For dominaria, i was planning on changing Honed Khopesh for Arcane Flight. You save to cast/ equip. Plus you can give flying to your Daring Saboteur and possibly avoid paying 2 and/ or enchant your Slippery Scoundrel useful before having the city blessing. I'll definitely have to test it, to see if that really matter in example losing and enchantment vs an equipment staying on the board when your creature die.
1 month ago
Curious Obsession would just make your unblockables blockable, but a few Daring Saboteur might work some of the time. If you are planning for a long game, I like Deadeye Brawler for a number of reasons. A handy side-board card might be Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons as your snake tokens would also be unblockable. Having 2 legendry creatures in the deck might justify Blackblade Reforged etc.
My current version of this deck is Drat Rats
2 months ago
I have a similar deck that I'm testing and it runs Daring Saboteur because you opponent could not have creatures out by the time he's attacking and Slippery Scoundrel needs ascend to be of any use at all, and ascend is a lot harder to hit in an aggro deck like this with fewer lands than normal. Daring Saboteur could be better if you added enchantments to you deck such as Cartouche of Knowledge, One With the Wind, or whatever the Kaladesh one is called that gives your dude +2/+1 and menace. These enchantments make Daring Saboteur virtually unblockable, which means you can fix the cards in your hand a lot better.
2 months ago
3 months ago
3 months ago
I really like the look of this deck! I've been playing a version of $10 U/W SRAM ENCHANTRESS that I've uploaded as Sram the Dwarf Enchantress and I think some mix of that plus this would work really well. Having Dowsing Dagger to pay Daring Saboteur's unblockable cost is awesome but I think I'm playing too many Desert's Hold and need to make room for some counter spells.
4 months ago
- Blue/Red/X splash
- Pirate themed deck
- Standard legal
Then there's some stuff to consider. Looking at your deck you have a lot of singles instead of a playset (4), which would increase the deck stability a lot. This is due to the nature of you being new, which is no problem at all. With the deck you currently have, you lack focus. As far as pirate decks go, you could consider pure aggro, a tempo based deck or a more midrange controlling deck. (see spoiler)
Aggro (aggresive) tends to curve out arround 4, with the majority of your cards being less than 4 mana. Decks such as Ramunap red are a prime example of it.
Tempo is an aggresive deck, but looking to bounce/kill/counter any impactfull plays of the opponent, and push damage through since you have a board and they don't.
A more controlling deck would run more higher drops and more counters or things such as River's Rebuke, Hour of Devastation and a few beaters with impact such as Torrential Gearhulk. As far as investment goes, I think control would cost you the most, and you'd be better of adding a bunch of black cards to the deck. So, I will continue with some more aggresive tips.
Some general tips though:
- Try to increase your copies per card and reduce the ammount of different cards.
- You don't really need copies of Unknown Shores, your mana base is good without it. The other land, Unclaimed Territory is great though, and you should try to get 4 in a tribal deck.
- Cards like Spirebluff Canal or even Highland Lake will improve your mana base, and running 4 tap lands won't hurt your deck most of the time. It's worth considering.
- Lookout's Dispersal is a good counter in pirates. It should cost 2 mana most of the time and is a hard counter most of the time.
- Hostage Taker is probably worth splashing for as you continue to play.
- Dreamcaller Siren probably has a place in your deck and isn't too expensive. You can use it to push through damage or tap their creatures before they attack. Either way, great tempo.
- Cards like Abrade serve multiple purposes and are great to sideboard in when you need it, or even play mainboard. - You need some removal. Fiery Cannonade will only hit their board and is great versus vampires or merfolk most of the time. Lightning Strike is just solid.
- Captivating Crew is also great in the sideboard, and a fun card to play.
- Angrath's Marauders as fun as it may be, won't have a place in an aggresive version of the deck. The same holds true for cards such as Prosperous Pirates or Pirate's Prize.
- The raid mechanic is great! since you're attacking often and early you will almost always enable raid to gain benefit. This means that cards such as Chart a Course will outperform Pirate's Prize and Storm Fleet Aerialist will outperform Prosperous Pirates
- cards like Daring Saboteur are great, they are aggresive, can be unblockable and can draw you the cards you need in that match up.
- Warsail Marauder, Storm Fleet Sprinter and Marauding Looter are possible inclusions. The first one is great and very good in any aggresive deck. The last one gives you extra card filtering, to draw what you need.
So rather than giving you suggestions and make your deck, I gave some possibilities and hopefully you will enjoy the search to a more cohesive deck. Deckbuilding is something I enjoy a lot, so I dislike giving a decklist to copy ;).
Good luck and welcome to the game!