Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Untap all creatures and gain control of them until end of turn. They gain haste until end of turn.
1 month ago
2 months ago
This is a great design from start to finish. MV6 walkers need to do work to be good, and this one sure does!
For 6 mana, he enters, kills a threat and usually Shatters something else while still ramping you. That's instantly affecting the board, indeed.
The -4 is basically a free Clash of Titans (which does cost 5 mana for a reason).
The ultimate is a beefed up Insurrection. That's insane, and definitely worth 8 loyalty.
2 months ago
So I am really digging this deck but, I see you have the same issue that most mono white decks have which is card draw. A few cards that you might want to consider to help on the draw front are, Sigarda's Splendor, Cosmos Elixir, Rogue's Gloves and,Mask of Memory. I have personally found the last two equipments work really well in my angel deck as your creatures already have evasion.
From the creature front here are a few creatures I would condsider adding:
- Speaker of the Heavens Not an angel but a really strong one drop in a deck like this.
- Serra Avenger is a super strong two drop angel and would help to lower your overall curve.
- Angel of Finality is really good graveyard hate against graveyard decks.
- Angel of Jubilation is not only an anthem for this deck but will shutdown any aristocrats strategy.
- Herald of War can be a good option to help lower your mana cost in this deck if you can find ways to reliably give it +1/+1 counters.
- Radiant, Archangel don't sleep on this card because she get +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield. Radiant can quickly become a 10/10 or bigger with little effort from you. The vigilance is icing on the cake.
- Angelic Skirmisher is better than she looks because you get to choose which ability you give your creatures each combat.
- Angel of Vitality would be a really strong angel in your deck. Not only will she be a 3 mana 4/4 angel most games but she also will make every source in your deck that gains you life gain you an additional life. That extra lifegain will add up really fast.
A few other cards you might want to consider:
- Basilisk Collar is a cheap equipment that gives Lyra Deathtouch. Deathtouth and First Strike are a really good combo and would stop people from attacking into your board if Lyra is untapped.
- Bonders' Enclave basically a second War Room in your deck.
- Path of Ancestry you are in a tribal deck so why not scry when you play your angels?
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride don't think of him as a planeswalker in your deck, most cases he is going to be a 4 mana onesided boardwipe. Even if you can't ultimate him as soon as he comes down the other two abilities are still very relevant in your deck.
- Sword of the Animist is a really strong card in general but, in this deck it can become consistant ramp.
- Keeper of the Accord if you have never played with him he can quickly pull you back into the game if you have been missing land drops. I have had games where I play him and by my next turn I have 3 additional plains in play. Plus the first ability that makes tokens can make relevant blockers.
- Mangara, the Diplomat is really good white card draw plus he has the bonus of having lifelink which is useful in this deck.
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replace a plains with this card. At worst it is a plains but, othertimes it can become a clutch removal spell.
- Emeria's Call Flip I would replace one of your plains with this card as well. At worst it is a plains that you have to pay 3 life to have it come in untapped but, when you don't need the land it is a 7 mana make two 4/4 angels which is pure upside in this deck.
- Starnheim Unleashed at worst this is a 4 mana Serra Angel which is already a better rate than a lot of your angels in this deck but, if you Foretell it then this card can single handedly win you the game.
Lastly you have a lot of 7 and 8 mana drop angels in this deck and unless they are actively winning you the game as soon as they come down then I would consider removing them. Think about it, for the same mana as Akroma, Angel of Wrath I could play Insurrection which can win me the game as soon as the spell resolves. That being said Insurrection is not even a spell that I actively play due to it costing so much mana. Just food for thought as I would personally consider removing some of your bigger angels for some of the lower costed angels I listed above as it would help to smooth out your curve and make your games more consistent.
Still really cool deck!
4 months ago
4 months ago
alexjustdoit , Arachnogenesis is a cool card, but Settle the Wreckage and Comeuppance serve similar roles and can be tutored from Sunforger. Also I have no way to utilize the spider tokens (such as Craterhoof Behemoth) in the deck. I see in your list you run Jolrael, Mwonvuli Recluse, so that is a good way to pump the tokens.
Looking at your list a few things come to mind:
It looks like you can win using the combos I have listed or through combat using Insurrection or Arachnogenesis + Jolrael, Mwonvuli Recluse, but I think you could use another. With enough card draw Laboratory Maniac works well, but Approach of the Second Sun is another good win con.
2) Card Draw
I suggest running more card draw, I noticed you have no group hug style card draw effects besides Selvala, Explorer Returned, and you have no sorcery card draw (such as Sphinx's Revelation). I would suggest adding more card draw, either through enchantments like Sylvan Library or cards like Sphinx's Revelation.
3) Board Wipes
I get wanting your opponents to build up creatures so you can use them with Disrupt Decorum or Insurrection, but I think it is worth including spells like Austere Command, Farewell, Vandalblast, Cyclonic Rift, etc to control the board when you need to.
4) Flash Enablers
I have found that this style of control deck really wants to be able to play on other peoples turns, where you can hold up mana for either removal or countermagic, but play ramp or card draw if your opponents do nothing. Cards to support this include Vedalken Orrery and Leyline of Anticipation. There is also great synergy with the Seedborn Muse you run when using these cards.
Some missing cards that are generically powerful that you could add are:
5 months ago
king-saproling, You're probably right about the chaos cards. I'm not really sold on it, it's just something I thought would work out given Endless Whisper making my board harder to get rid of, Insurrection and Furnace of Rath are there to close out games since Revel in Riches and Mechanized Production are easy to counter and obvious to win.
5 months ago
Maybe Fanning the Flames over and over
Flameblast Dragon is not particularly useful with this boss. Maybe Primeval Protector, Nessian Boar, Thunderfoot Baloth or Grothama, All-Devouring. Big guys that come out before your boss hits the field
5 months ago