Creature — Eldrazi
Emerge (You may cast this spell by sacrificing a creature and paying the emerge cost reduced by that creature's converted mana cost.)
When you cast Vexing Scuttler, you may return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vexing Scuttler Discussion
2 months ago
I made a mistake: I thought Luna's wording said ''play'', but it is ''cast'', so no need to name lands with Moons in them.
Shadows Over Innistrad block: Markov Dreadknight Olivia's Bloodsworn Prophetic Ravings Courageous Outrider Convicted Killer Flip// Branded Howler Voldaren Pariah Flip// Abolisher of Bloodlines Ethereal Guidance Devils' Playground Descend upon the Sinful Long Road Home Humble the Brute Howlpack Resurgence Ghoulsteed Vexing Scuttler Turn Aside Tamiyo, Field Researcher Silverstrike
Tiny Moon: Desperate Sentry
7 months ago
Looks like a solid Yuriko list. A couple of suggestions for your consideration though. Back when I still had my Yuriko deck I loved using the Eldritch Moon Eldrazi: Emrakul, the Promised End , Vexing Scuttler , Elder Deep-Fiend , etc. They all have huge mana costs, but each cost can be reduced. It's especially fun to sac Yuriko to the emerge eldrazi, then bounce the emerge eldrazi back to hand with Yuriko, and then repeat the process.
Here is my old list if you want to take a look: Pocket Sand v2
1 year ago
Have you considered cards which have a high cmc, but can be cast for a cheaper rate like Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise or the Emerge eldrazi like Elder Deep-Fiend, Vexing Scuttler, Distended Mindbender?
Also, Bone Harvest is great with Yuriko.
1 year ago
This deck is sophomoric.
Where are the changelings... Mirror Entity
1 year ago
Gonna do my usual mistake and not quit while I'm ahead: As Foretold (probably too slow without e.g. proliferate), Release to the Wind, Vexing Scuttler (dunno if you have enough disposable creatures) & Elder Deep-Fiend (kinda helps with the group slug aspect as well), Endless Obedience, Herald of Anguish
1 year ago
Panharmonicon does nothing in this deck pretty much, Eldrazi say "When they are cast" not when they enter the battlefield. I know it is for your combo but you don't have a consistent way to get it onto the battlefield, so you should be focusing on a combat victory as opposed to a combo based one.
Why do you have a category for steal? If its not your main theme it is not worth it to keep the two non-ninja creatures in the category.
Take out the "Fodder" category, a category with 1 card that is already in another category is useless.
1 year ago
- For as creature heavy as this deck is, you have them for your first line of defense and offense, having Aether Meltdown and Dampening Pulse isnt necessary to staying protected. Cutting them out frees up important room for mana ramp cards to get more creatures out faster.
- Needlebite Trap, really only good if youre going up a lifegain deck, and if thats your reason for running it you might as well just sideboard it and only put it in the deck when you need it.
- Drownyard Behemoth a very steep casting cost for a 5/7 that only has hexproof for one turn, which it probably wont even be targeted on. Even the emerge cost is steep.
- Vexing Scuttler another high casting eldrazi that does little in return. Youre better off hoping to drawing another instant/sorcery than having to spend 3 mana on this creature just to bounce one back to your hand.
- Grizzled Angler Flip a decent early game blocker, but its transforming mills your own deck and depends on I feel youve lost a creature. For 3 mana why not cast a Dominator Drone? Its giving you more damage than the Anglers fish side because it hits the board a turn earlier. Id cut just one Grizzled Angler Flip for now, its transformed Ability could be a good way to clear your opponents board of blockers, but you wouldnt need to of him in the field so.
2 years ago
Thanks for looking at my deck! I thought I'd return the favor :)
I think Anticipate is too small an effect. Sure, with rebound it's nice, but it takes up a card slot where you could something cool.
I chose to not play so much counterspells because you can't rebound them usefully, but I understand why they're in :). I do love Supreme Will, because you can rebound that one.
Dragonlord's Prerogative is nice, but in Ixalan you can draw 7 cards for just one more mana (even though it's a sorcery). Might be worth looking into Overflowing Insight . What a rebound card! :D
Have fun with Taigam!