Dire Fleet Ravager
Creature — Orc
When Dire Fleet Ravager enters the battlefield, each player loses a third of his or her life, rounded up.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Dire Fleet Ravager Discussion
2 days ago
Obzedat's Aid to bring part of a win con back if it gets removed
Dire Fleet Ravager for another Hidetsugu effect
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight slows your opponents from taking advantage of your life loss while pumping your side of the battlefield
Vraska the Unseen is a powerful win cons if you can ult her, and her other abilities are good too
Crawlspace for another Norn's Annex effect
Samut, the Tested good aggro card but doesn't support your win cons
Ob Nixilis Reignited you get the most value out of for card draw and there are cheaper draw spells that get you more cards
Death's Shadow by the time you can cast safely one of your other win conditions should be online
3 days ago
I'm not too sure on why I did the color combo. I guess I wanted to diversify my deck if that makes sense, and picked the white and black since vampires seemed to have both.
I'm thinking of what I want my deck to do... Probably trying to get a bunch of Vampire tokens out with lifelink, and try to control.
Going to be adding some of those lands you mentioned.
I want to focus on the synergy. I'm not sure what I could possibly have the deck do. I'm thinking about adding 4xElenda, the Dusk Rose to build her up and sacrifice the creatures from the planeswaker. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
xyr0s on First Deck
3 days ago
Ehh.... stupid question, maybe, but exactly what is the combo?
Other than that Dark Ritual is not modern legal.
Some of the cards chosen are pretty weak. Liliana, Death Wielder is not something you can play until turn... hmmm... I don't know... 10? 12? Roughly speaking, you need to draw 20 cards, give or take, into your deck on average to find 7 lands. Wouldn't Ob Nixilis Reignited pretty much do the same, but better and cheaper? Or maybe, since you are playing BW vampires, either Sorin, Lord of Innistrad or Sorin, Solemn Visitor would be even better yet? Their tokens would certainly go well with the vampire special abilities.
Speaking of vampires: Gatekeeper of Malakir is a nice, and budgetfriendly, addition. Removal with a body, and with a relevant creature type - what's not to like? Besides, you have some really underpowered creatures, like Sanguine Glorifier (4 mana for a 3/3 creature with a very low impact special), Dire Fleet Ravager (lifeloss is ok, but only if you are REALLY sure that you are going to be ahead) or Exultant Skymarcher.
Why play Luminous Bonds over more regular removal? Is there any situation, where you wouldn't rather have an extra copy of Path to Exile? On the same note: Vanquish the Weak is terribly overpriced - Fatal Push is a lot better, or Victim of Night if you want a cheaper card.
A bit of 1 cmc targetted discard could also be good - a bit like Dark Inquiry but from the first turn. You could try Inquisition of Kozilek or Thoughtseize, or Duress if budget. Play a full set, so they should replace Cleansing Ray and Dark Inquiry.
1 week ago
I'd argue that Gonti, Lord of Luxury fits better for jack - the whole ability to use an enemy's deck against them, along with deathtouch, and a hint of class.
For Crawler, there needs to be some built in regenerate - Slith Bloodletter and Mortivore come to mind, but if you wanted to keep it legendary, Korlash, Heir to Blackblade works too. Masticore fits more for the acid spitting aspect, but not so much for the growth / adaptation.
Burnscar feels like Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni as a non-general version of bonesaw?
just tossing out ideas, seeing if anything sticks. Not finished with worm, only around chap 27 at the time of posting this. glad to see another story-based deck around!
1 week ago
Angrath, the Flame-Chained for certain; that +1 seems perfect for Rakdos. Dire Fleet Ravager, Angrath's Marauders and Twilight Prophet also seem pretty good for this deck, while Etali, Primal Storm and The Immortal Sun are just really solid Commander cards in general.
1 week ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
4 weeks ago
Come down on 1 land and replace it with another Kitesail Freebooter, 22 lands with your curve being so low should be fine, and the extra freebooter will do lots of work. Also drop Fanatical Firebrand and replace them with the Fathom Fleet Captain and Dire Fleet Ravager from your sideboard. Your sideboard should probably be more like 3 Abrade 2 Magma Spray 3 Duress 2 Sentinel Totem 3 Fiery Cannonade and 2 Lost Legacy hope it helps you some, I think these changes will make it as competitive as possible.
1 month ago
Hey! I really dig the deck! Glad to see someone else seeing how crazy grixis pirates are right now! For sure a +1 from me! Personally, I haven't liked the Dire Fleet Ravager at all, but my meta is probably different as I'm facing a lot of aggro. Check out my build when you get a chance! Thanks!
SCORE: 3 | 143 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER