Creature — Human Cleric
T, Tap two untapped humans you control: Exile target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Devout Chaplain Discussion
6 months ago
In: Dusk / Dawn, Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip, Anointed Procession, High Priest of Penance, Angelic Accord, Luminarch Ascension, Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, Arashin Cleric and Temple Acolyte
Got rid of Test of Endurance and Beacon of Immortality since my current combo tends to make it redundant. Ancestor's Prophet always seemed to disappoint since by the time I could activate him I had either won or lost.Alhammarret's Archive seemed like a win more kind of card in the deck and I was unable to always get value out of it. Devout Chaplain and Reliquary Monk got seldom if any use. Gift of immortality tended to be difficult to set up quickly enough to matter. I am not sure about Austere Command but wanted to test Dawn/Dusk.
I have attempted to increase the decks token generating theme and increase gain life ETB's to hopefully improve pre combo game play. I have also added more spot removal as I face Kalia often.
6 months ago
I looked at your list and I came up with the following suggestions you might want to consider:
If you need more help on this deck or any other Commnader project, then give me a headsup on my wall :) Just click my name and post something on there.
It is always great to recieve an upvote on my favourite deck, which you can see here. Just click the 'Upvote' button on the left if you like what you see. It is always a great thing to recieve.
Enjoy the game!
6 months ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
6 months ago
In human tribal, Devout Chaplain is a premium removal card that gets to repeatedly exile artifacts and enchantments. Gives you something additional to do with your Human Soldier tokens Sigarda creates.
Increasing Devotion churns out Human tokens, but can also be replayed from your graveyard for extra value. When games run long and you're reduced to topdecking, this is a good card to have.
Hamlet Captain is a pretty nice cheap Human lord in green.
Herald of War makes all your creature spells cost less, and is an evasive flier herself that grows over time.
Odric, Master Tactician creates favorable combat steps, or makes all your defending opponents forced to not block and thereby swing in for lethal damage.
7 months ago
Here you go I was considering human tribal when I saw him
Here's a start for ya
7 months ago
ill be updating a little, so you can change out Mortify for Vindicate now you can keep them both in, i love my control, it is amazing ! but the ability to destroy target permanent for the exact same cost... amazing ! i dont see Path to Exile or Swords to Plowshares if money is an issue just get Swords to Plowshares very cheep very good !, if you can have the option to exile rather then Destroy choose exile to many people run indestructible.
Reveillark oh Reveillark, Reveillark ,Reveillark is amazing i love him he works wonders with Karmic Guide both are really strong in there own right even more so when his P/T is 2/2 "my commander says you come back, and you come back and you come too ! lol.
nice small cards fro protections that can be reanimated Selfless Spirit never failed me ! can sac at instant speed and save alot of hassle ! - Sun Titan great animated and great card - Devout Chaplain only matters on how much humans you have on final build, but it has saved me alot so if you have an extra spot and maybe like 8+ humans throw him in - Ashnod's Altar with reanimation i love to have a sac outlet that produces mana ! i love this - Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip okay this card, is a creature, easy to kill off, and turn into a planeswalker, +1 keeping your card advantage, with all that draw this shouldn't hurt you, -X reanimate again ! can be brought back if dead by your commander revlark or Karmatic because it goes back as a 2/3 creature to your graveyard ! and can be searched in your deck as a creature !
7 months ago
I'd find a way to add in Mentor of the Meek for some card draw. Thraben Doomsayer is also a great fit when you are playing with Hanweir Militia Captain Flip, with all the human tokens you can create. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is a great land for this kind of deck. With the Mentor of the Meek, you can pump a lot of mana, draw a creature after playing one and cast/draw again that same turn. The creature tokens you create can also be used for even more card draw. Also, Cathars' Crusade basically makes all of your creatures Champion of the Parish, while not messing with Mentor of the Meek card draw, as you can pump the creature after drawing your card.
Some other consideration cards would be: Collective Effort, Odric, Master Tactician, Increasing Devotion, Abzan Battle Priest,Devout Chaplain-great enchant/artifact removal on a stick! Exile!!, Westvale Abbey Flip, Angel of Glory's Rise- wipe recovery, Elspeth, Knight-Errant-not human tokens but the ultimate is great, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, and Grand Abolisher. Hope this helps!
8 months ago
Devout Chaplain, Collective Effort, Abzan Battle Priest, Mikaeus, the Lunarch Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Precinct Captain,War Priest of Thune, Citadel Siege, and my favorite Odric, Master Tactician for white mana considerations.