Choose one —
- Untap all lands you control.
- Until end of turn, lands you control become 2/2 creatures that are still lands.
Entwine (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)
Printings View all
|Duel Decks Anthology (DD3)||Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Rare|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Rude Awakening Discussion
1 day ago
Update 17th of September:
I replaced this for "Spoiler" Rampaging Baloths as this one gives me ETB tokens which I can pump as I need it.
2. Ancient GreenwardenTwo Landfall triggers in addition to playing lands out of your graveyard? 6 mana is huge, though worth the costs.
3. Tunneling Geopede: I honstely underestimated the power of this guy. One damage for each landfall trigger adds up and can close out games out of nowhere.
4. Moraug, Fury of Akoum. A powerhouse when it gets rolling. We are winning games with this, if unanswered.
5. Felidar Retreat: This card surprised me a lot in playtesting. Not only is it better than Zendikar's Roil but it is also more versatile at is gains us an overrun-esque effect.
6. Rude Awakening: I earlier removed this card from my deck, due to it feeling like a win more card, though I realized that I was too greedy and only wanted to use this card for its entwine costs.
After more testing it feels more like a better Mirari's Wake due to its versatility. More mana? No Problem. Trying to finish? No Problem. Trying to finish, but need just a bit more mana? No Problem.
2. Coiling Oracle: Too often a swing and a miss. Not necessarily bad, but was not convinced from this one anymore.
3. Ghostly Flicker: Not sure about this one, as it is additional protection and can benefit mana if blinking Gaea's Cradle.
Will see how it pans out and if cutting it was a mistake. 4. Ramunap Excavator: Exchanged for Ancient Greenwarden. Also not sure about this one, as it ensures early land drops. Though, do not have problems with this early on most of the time.
5. Rampaging Baloths: Cutted for Phylath, World Sculptor as it benefits my deckstyle more.
6. Dig Through Time: Were not able to cast this card for its delve costs most of the time, as lands in the graveyard are often more valuable than in other decks.
1 week ago
FRICK THOUGHT OF MORE:
Magus of the Candelabra (easy combo, all you need is any effect that taps for like a few more mana), Illusionist's Bracers with Arbor Elf or a bunch of other untappers. Nissa, Vital Force and Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip are value from top to bottom.
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger doubles your creature mana too now, and was pretty decent before at least ;)
2 weeks ago
Update 5th of September:
I was not sure, if we need more card draw for the deck, so I considered to exchange Return of the Wildspeaker with Seer's Sundial.
Every time I casted Return of the Wildspeaker with this deck, it feels like I am wasting this card, due to only drawing 4-5 cards most of the time. Seer's Sundial on the other hand has the potential to draw a lot of cards through the turns in the long run. Testing with caution.
Due to the early reason of missing card draw I switched Kodama's Reach with Valakut Exploration.
Usually, I have no problem to ramp a lot, but to get enough cards as pay-off. Valakut Exploration looks to be one of the perfect fits for this.
It offers impulsive draw in addition to a built-in win-condition.
Rude Awakening did not make the cut, because it feels like a win more card, rather than helping to get to the position to win the game. It was exchanged with Ashaya, Soul of the Wild which looks like a powerhouse on its own. This can skyrocket pretty fast with cards like Valakut Exploration.
1 month ago
Rishkar's Expertise, Return of the Wildspeaker, Momentous Fall are all good draw spells. Deserted Temple to untap cradle and copy with thespians stage. Fetchlands to go with your missing Crucible of Worlds or even a Strip Mine
Oran Reef Hydra is WAY too slow/bad
Shamanic Revelation might be worth looking into since it seems you have some token production and lots of creatures.
Rude Awakening - Nuts with Shamanic revelation, even better with Cradle. A decent ritual on it's own when needed or a wincon when not
I only took out Bane of Progress because when I G-waved my entire deck on the field, it destroyed Akroma's memorial. I'm a huge fan of the 2x Kozileks, Ulamog and Emrakrul but thats me personally.
1 month ago
Been on a Tatyova binge myself recently! Thought I would share some synergies that you may be interested in.
Might also wanna consider Nissa's Pilgrimage As your basic land count could probably benefit from another cultivate effect.
Meloku the Clouded Mirror can take alot of advantage of all your extra land drops if you ever feel that may be necessary.
Khalni Heart Expedition is just really easy to set off with all the extra land drops you can accumulate.
2 months ago
Not at all! I have little ego, if I can get an opportunity to learn and someone is nice enough to politefully inform me I was wrong, I need to thank them, not get mad at them!
Rude awakening is just bonkers. Can be used a regular ritual, a ritual on steroid with cradle (although this is a budget discussion so no go), a wincon on it's own right and an amazing draw source with Shamanic Revelation. I use it in Azusa to ramp even harder! :)
3 months ago
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim just gets nuts.
The idea is to ramp; Arcane Signet, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Birds of Paradise, Boundless Realms, Chromatic Lantern, Cultivate, Dockside Extortionist, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Exploration, Far Wanderings, Farseek, Kodama's Reach, Noble Hierarch, Oracle of Mul Daya, Rampant Growth, Revel in Riches, Search for Tomorrow, Sol Ring.
get Golos, Tireless Pilgrim in play and start using him
with Swarm Intelligence, and/or Thousand-Year Storm it gets stormy real quick. Lots of things can stack up to build your storm count which can either generate enough mana to go through your entire deck.
There are several win cons: Brass's Bounty, Dockside Extortionist, & Revel in Riches provide a passive wincon. A stormed Expropriate or Treacherous Terrain is a nice finisher, once you have more mana than you can use (which isn't hard) you can blow everything up with Zacama, Primal Calamity or steal all of you opponents stuff Agent of Treachery
5 months ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi Thanks for the input.
However even if it is extremely good with Ambush Commander, Life and Limb or Rude Awakening both for the ramp and for the buffs. It is quite unreliable to play it before combat in general and it is hard to play it early for great ramp effect (normally 1-2 lands only). Since this deck have to be fast to beat out all the board wipes and control spells, i think there are better options. However i added it to the maybe board.