Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Bane of Progress
Creature — Elemental
When Bane of Progress enters the battlefield, destroy all artifacts and enchantments. Put a +1/+1 counter on Bane of Progress for each permanent destroyed this way.
Licecolony on Destruction
1 month ago
If you're looking for more enchantment/artifact removal, there's also Fade from History, Rampage of the Clans, Bane of Progress, Farewell
Profet93 on Phylath, Walmart Garden Center Supervisor
1 month ago
I would cut gruul signet and the talisman and swap them with Nature's Lore and Rampant Growth , or another land ramping spell of your choice such as Skyshroud Claim. Green does not require artifact ramp. By swapping your artifact ramp with land ramp, you....
- Make your ramp less susceptible to removal
- Trigger your landfall abilities like lotus cobra and most notably, your commander.
- Allows you to add other cards like Bane of Progress which usually dominates in most metas. Given your lack of artifacts and enchantments, it will almost always be to your benefit (aside from doubling season of course).
Speaking of lands, I dont see the purpose of crop rotation aside from valakut and even then seems subpar. Why not swap it for more ramp or draw given you don't need the specific land search, unless I'm missing a combo or synergy? Not to mention, cost to cast is saccing a land so blue players usually counter it to deny you a tutor and make you lose a land.
Asgeren on Potassium!!! (Kibo, Uktabi Prince)
2 months ago
This deck looks hilarious and very fun to play! Was instantly gonna suggest Vandalblast, but I can see you already have that and many other goodies :) Decimate always lives up to it's name. Fiery Confluence is a nice multi-use spell. Bane of Progress a little pricey but only one more than vandalblast, and you potentially get a big boost with it :)
Icaruskid on The Wizard of Ooze | The Mimeoplasm [Primer]
2 months ago
Thank you Profet93! I'm running Bane of Progress and I love that it's nearly one-sided mass removal that adds another threat to the board.
I'll try out Mystic Remora. Not sure what to take out for it though!
Profet93 on The Wizard of Ooze | The Mimeoplasm [Primer]
2 months ago
+1 - Solid primer, easy to understand and helped explain your choices. I would love to play against this some day.
Mystic Remora - Or is it too similar to rhystic study?
Bane of Progress - You have no artifacts and only a few enchantments. Depending on the level of artifact + enchantments in the meta, it could be worth considering.
Profet93 on Omnath, Locus of Elves
2 months ago
Beast Whisperer, Greater Good, Rancor, Sylvan Library, Tooth and Nail, The Great Henge, Harmonize, Life's Legacy, Beast Within, Berserk, Heroic Intervention, Momentous Fall, Return of the Wildspeaker, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Bane of Progress, Natural Order, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip
Kogla, the Titan Ape + Eternal Witness + Rude Awakening = Infinite mana
Tooth and Nail - Avenger of Zendikar + Regal Force = Draw lots of cards
Maze of Ith + Argothian Elder = Infinite green mana during combat (huge omnath).
loricatuslupus on It's the Mold that Killed Him
3 months ago
Nice, as well as the other additions you've got planned I'd definitely consider Bane of Progress - by the time you cast it this deck probably doesn't care about losing its enchantments or artifacts (honestly not sure you even need a Sol Ring, you're better getting more mana dorks like Tangled Florahedron Flip) but it will annihilate some other strategies. Plus you ARE in green which is full of Regrowth effects that are pretty on-theme of you're desperate to get stuff back! The deck is maybe a little lacking in non-creature removal for me, simply as without blue you may struggle to interact with combo pieces. Thankfully Golgari has this in spades with cards such as Abrupt Decay, Binding the Old Gods, Putrefy and Culling Ritual/Maelstrom Pulse. Those last two are also ways to wipe all your saprolings if you don't have a sac outlet, something the deck might want more of it you're planning on them all dying to kill with drain effects - free ones with upside like Viscera Seer are obviously the best! Either would be better than Mandate for you here - that's really for when you are sure you'll have a big dude and need him to get in. All too often I think you'll find it only blows up Saprolings and if you're lucky some other small tokens opponents have, and if you don't have a creature to target it does nothing. Willowdusk is really worth considering if you're gaining life BTW, she'll quickly create big threats to distract people from what's actually going to win you the game. Also Vraska is a way better planeswalker than Ob Nixilis, I'd probably go with her Golgari Queen iteration but The Unseen is ok too. Finally you can always upgrade the lands but TBH basics will probably be fine here for the most part, especially given your ramp choices (could include Kodama's Reach in that package too?).
Profet93 on Kura, Secret Tron EDH
3 months ago
IllWarriors +1 A couple of questions/comments....
- I saw your description for the purpose of the colorless mana rocks, both creature and noncreature. Thought vessel is to prevent discard, but given all of your land tutors, isn't it very likely that you can find reliquary tower should you need it? Do you need/want the redundancy? Are you trying not to tutor for reliquary given you want the tron lands? Would you not be better served by adding additional dorks at 1 - 2 CMC? Heart Warden is like a mindstone. If you were to reduce your reliance on artifact ramp given you're playing green, you could add in a Bane of Progress should you wish to mess with all of the opposing artifacts you want inevitably find on the table.
- Regarding tempt with discovery, doesn't your meta just wise up and tutor for LD such as strip mine/wasteland each time you get a tron land, effectively netting you only 1 untapped land and 3 cards in the grave? Or are there other utility lands your opponents can find (Nykthos, coffers, urborg, eye of ugin, etc....) that they find more valuable than destroying your tron lands?
- Burnished Heart - Given you're playing green, why not add in a Skyshroud Claim, Pir's Whim, Harmonize or another ramp/draw spell?
- Skullclamp - Given you will be sacrificing your commander a lot, you have a fair amount of dorks, and the boardwipes that will be seen, I feel skullclamp can be beneficial to you. You can also stack the triggers of your commander and clamp (should you know your topdeck).
- Eternal Witness > Regrowth (can be clamped, blocker, etc...)
- Lurking Predators - How has this played for you? Given your wincon is Eldrazi, are you okay with losing the casting benefit of the Eldrazi in favor for their static + triggered abilities?
- Are you looking for cuts?
- Your land count seems a bit low, especially if you have cards that allow you additional land drops. I understand your commander is a tutor, do you often find yourself missing land drops, particularly in the early game?
- No fetchlands for crucible of worlds?
- Scapeshift - Land tutor! While it may not be needed, it can easily help you assemble tron, find cradle as well as..... Field of the Dead (note it triggers upon ETB for all lands), Castle Garenbrig.
Would love to hear your thoughts on each suggestion, let me know if you are interested in cuts. Solid deck!
|Have (2)||Azdranax , metalmagic|
|Want (8)||MisfitGamer , Amaterasu312 , pabloriv , saintmercy23 , manphist449 , Divine-Asura , cdmarlow11 , Jerv|