Creature — Faerie
Creatures entering the battlefield or being put into the graveyard from the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
28 minutes ago
Looks like a solid list but I can really recommend:
- Grasp of Fate instead of oblivion ring
- Dawn of Hope is an excellent draw engine and something you can dump your unused mana into
- Grafdigger's Cage or Rest in Peace should be played in every stax deck atm
- Crush Contraband, is really underrated, but it's a very solid and versatile card. because it's always a 2 for 1. And exiling is very important VS gods like Heliod, Sun-Crowned...
2 days ago
nono's were getting increasingly difficult to work around
6 days ago
Latest kiki-less update:
1 week ago
Hey I love your Deck and I came to the conclusion to start my own Deck based upon yours. I will however include Smothering Tithe, Azor, the Lawbringer (flickered he locks opponents almost entirely from casting sorcerys), Aven Mindcensor, Hushbringer, Tocatli Honor Guard for some stuff. Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer for example seems to slow for my taste.
1 week ago
Dango: I dont run Deafening Silence for the same reason i cut Null Rod and Stony Silence. While you technically can play around both of these effects on the combo turn, it adds additional requirements in both number of creatures in play required as sacrifice fodder for tutors and in the mana required to successfully combo (since you need to commit mana to removing your own stax).
chris.r.constans: You are absolutely right about Hushbringer, it's great redundancy for hulk hate in case our commander gets removed but also works well as a hate piece versus Thassa's Oracle consult combos,Dockside Extortionist bounce combos, and of course protection from Gilded Drake. At 2 mana I think its a must include in this meta. Hushwing Gryff however I think is more meta dependent, if you see a lot of ETB based wins in your meta then I would slam it in, but I dont think the generic meta is in a place right now where I would include it in my core list.
somedumbjerk: As you noted Hushbringer doesn't really stop our combo since it can be sac'd to Razaketh, the Foulblooded before it would become a problem, and the same is true for the other hate bears the deck runs that would otherwise prohibit us from being able to combo. As for Living Plane, it is far to slow and unreliable to set up in cEDH metas.
Thanks for the comments everyone! :D
Sorry for taking so long to respond.
2 weeks ago
If you want to take this deck to the next level, you should consider the following cards:
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Deafening Silence/Eidolon of Rhetoric/Rule of Law and Defense Grid: to slow down storm- and spellslinger-decks, to deny cardadvantage/ramp and to protect yourself against control and combodecks
- Lapse of Certainty/Mana Tithe/Burnout nobody expects white counters
- Your deck is lacking carddraw! Wheel of Fortune, Painful Truths, Necropotence, Heartwarming Redemption, Phyrexian Arena, Night's Whisper, Azra Oddsmaker & Dark Confidant (/Sign in Blood/Dawn of Hope)
- Toxic Deluge/Fire Covenant/Darksteel Mutation/Vandalblast/Grasp of Fate/Fiery Confluence(/Austere Command/Crush Contraband/Forsake the Worldly) - these are really good removals
- All the Moxes like Mox Opal, Mox Diamond etc.
- Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame to play your commanders on Turn 2
- Play some of the good 2 mana rocks like Orzhov Signet or Talisman of Conviction
- Land Tax & Wayfarer's Bauble (if you run enough basic lands, like now)
- Smothering Tithe - THE white staple and especially good with Wheel effects
- Imperial Recruiter, Recruiter of the Guard, Gamble or Diabolic Intent
- Play Stax to keep your opponents in check! Rest in Peace, Aura of Silence, Trinisphere, Cursed Totem, Hushbringer/Torpor Orb & Stranglehold
3 weeks ago
Noobzaurs, I just completed building your deck! I've always played Abzan and this was a great evolution from my previous Karador Deck. What are your thoughts on Hushbringer & Hushwing Gryff? I feel like they don't stop our combo and can be strong hate pieces. Thanks for the inspiration!